On a late night visit to an ATM, three co-workers end up in a desperate fight for their lives when they become trapped by an unknown man. (imdb)
Cast and Information
Directed By: David Brooks
Written By: Chris Sparling
Starring: Brian Geraghty, Alice Eve, Josh Peck
Genres: Suspense/Thriller, Horror
ATM belongs to 10 collections
1. Netflix Instant (collaborative: moderated by somnivore - 29 stars)
2. 24 hour (or less) timeframe (collaborative: moderated by djross - 24 stars)
3. A group of people locked/trapped in one place (collaborative: moderated by siweq86 - 10 stars)
4. One-Location Films (collaborative: moderated by TV+Film-Hub - 5 stars)
5. Christmas-themed horror films (collaborative - 4 stars)
6. Horror (public: horrorjames - 4 stars)
7. The Flop House Podcast (collaborative: moderated by mucow - 2 stars)
8. Setting: Horror movies in different locations. (collaborative: moderated by tipar - 1 star)
9. Reza Archive (public: reza899 - 1 star)
10. Single-Set Productions (collaborative: moderated by Deutscher)
Browse the full list of collections
All Ratings | With Reviews
TCI | Percentile | Date Rated | # Stars (Reviews)
I think it's really sweet that this production company lets a special ed class write a script and then produce it. Characters announce what they're doing and there's this weird Christmas thing going on with it, since you know how much stupid people love them some Santy Claus. The dog did it. There I saved you 80 minutes.
An absolute turd of a film. I am not going to waste your (and my) time continuing to talk about this. Let's just go outside and try to enjoy life before we all meet our end.
This movie was obviously made by aliens trying to emulate a standard human-made horror movie. It has a half-decent premise and hits all the conventional dramatic turns, but the details don't make a lick of sense, and none of the characters can possibly be considered functional human beings.
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The story setting has been done (ie Phone Booth). The acting is horrific, Brian Geraghty is probably the worst actor of all time.. and I'm sorry for Alice Eve cause she deserves better. The plot sucks and the victims are way too stupid. Also the story is too predictable and the murderer kind of boring.
The story was so good Such a simple premise,it could have been gold. Unfortunately the script was bland and full of cliches,overall predictable,and the acting was horrible. Tho directing was decent, there were just too many things wrong with it to seriously enjoy it.I was shouting at the screen ever 5 minutes ,the bad guy and the 3 main characters all behaved so dumb.... If your a fan of the gorgeous Alice Eve, id recommend this. Otherwise, only for the fans of the genre!They might get a giggle.
Guess I was kind of the in mood for this, because I actually found brains in Sparling's script -- is this a revenge against these guys that made people's money disappear a few years ago? --, despite the dull progression of screams, deaths and false scares. I blame Brooks' shy look for making ATM so insufficient -- when it shouldn't be. What I'm going to say now might seem absurd, but Shyamalan would've made this work pretty good.
"If both good and evil characters don't behave in ways that make sense vis-à-vis their circumstances, any sense of terror quickly dissipates." - Nick Schager
|Average Percentile 18.29% from 287 Ratings|