Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Abraham-Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

2012
Suspense/Thriller, Fantasy
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, discovers vampires are planning to take over the United States. He makes it his mission to eliminate them. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVfuboTVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

A historically accurate account of the life and times of president Abraham Lincoln.
Like The Raven, this feels like a discarded Alan Moore idea, and as the title suggests it's quite bipolar, opting both for twisted biopic and vampire-cliches, which works around 15% of the time, leaving 85% poorly written fluff - Think Van Helsing starring a wax sculpture of Liam Neeson playing Lincoln (seriously - the resemblance between Walker and Neeson (both physically and in terms of wooden acting) is uncanny!)
Started out good but it just took itself too seriously to be considered anything other than meh. Should've been a cheesy, fun, b-movie esque action flick but instead it tried way too hard and didn't really accomplish much. Missed opportunity
Oh boy, my eyes started hurting after the number of times I rolled them during this movie. The main actor was dull; reminded me of a Liam Neeson/Paul Dano hybrid that can't act. A few interesting ideas thrown in at the end (vampires fighting the battle of Gettysburg), but beyond that pretty boring. Edit: Just IMDB'd the actor: He played a young Liam Neeson in 'Kinsey'.
The movie was willing to invest in its story without constantly winking at the audience, ergo, I found myself willing to go along for the ride. Marton Csokas, the king of all chameleon actors, appears playing yet another character totally unrecognizable as him.

26 Collections including 13 Collaborative and 13 Public