Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace-Ventura-Pet-Detective

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

1994
Comedy, Adventure
A goofy detective specializing in animals goes in search of a missing dolphin mascot of a football team.
Franchise: Ace Ventura

Liked this when I was 15. Further illustrating my belief that all teenagers are idiots.
Jim Carrey is really off the wall in this one, but you know what? I laughed my arse off! Ace Ventura: Pet Detective may not have excellent writing like (some) other comedies, but this movie is eternally quotable and there are quite a few hilarious scenes. This movie fits 'like a glove.'
Ace Aventura 3 Laces Out If I'm not cancelled in five minutes by twitter... just wait longer. This movie was not appropriate to give to a six year old, 1994 me was swinging around talking out his butt and hooting about big ol’ Mr Knish.
Undeniably juvenile, but funny and entertaining comedy stars Carrey as a goofy, wildly eccentric pet detective hired to find the missing Miami Dolphins mascot. Aimed mostly at fans who really enjoy silly humor, others will probably find it lame and tiresome. The film belongs to Carrey and his constant outrageousness. Sure-fire entertainment for fans of this genre.
I see that a lot of people have backtracked on this movie, and as holds true with most comedies, perhaps subsequent viewings can be less kind. But please. Just admit to me these three things: 1. When you first saw it, you laughed your ass off. 2. You had never seen anything like it in your life. 3. This was the movie to quote that summer. CAN YOU FEEL IT, CAPTAIN COMPOST?!

Submitted byfincherfanFincherFan on 19 Mar 2006