Adieu les cons
Adieu-les-cons

Adieu les cons

2020
Comedy, Drama
A seriously ill woman tries to find her long-lost child with the help of a man in the middle of a burnout and a blind archivist. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduHoopla

Worst movie in 2021. One of the 5 movies I did not finish in the cinema. Very disappointing.
A.K.A. Bye Bye Morons. A silly French movie with odd characters and even stranger sensibilities. As for Virginie Efira, the only thing flawed about her is that she speaks French. This was written by an idiot, but the actors did their best to portray the ridiculously flawed characters. Much of the humor was lost on me. The ending was atrociously bad. Barely worth watching, but more so if like to see Virginie Efira.
I liked the punchline, but Adieu les Cons relishes in its quirkiness as it slow burns through a melancholic drama that is much lighter on the comedy than I would have liked. The world-building, themes (most notably seizing life while you have time versus chasing down regrets) and saturated colour tones never really worked for me. Efira, Dupontel and Marié are good though.

1 Collections including 1 Collaborative and 0 Public