2010
Family/Kids
Fantasy
19-year-old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

2010
Family/Kids
Fantasy

Rated 05 Mar 2010
Tim, I think we need to talk. I want us to start seeing other films. This just isn't working for me, and I've been feeling this way for a long time. I've told you time and time again to plant the red roses, yet you keep planting the white ones and I refuse to keep up this nonsensical painting business. I guess this is goodbye. PS: Stephen, call me later. ;)
Rated 19 Mar 2010
In his most strident political commentary since Planet of the Apes, Burton shows the folly of the current American Two Party system, and the malaise caused by the healthcare lobby through the Red Queen's associates. In quite an intertextual populist jibe, he mocks the jobless economic recovery by employing over 200 CGI animators to create even less character and life than 30 dudes with pencils in the 1950's.
Rated 10 Mar 2010
Imagining the Mad Hatter's insanity as arising from PTSD and putting Alice through the wringer in order to realize some sort of anachronistic feminist rebellion against Victorian mores, Burton's Alice in Wonderland saps the magic from Carroll's dark, chaotic vision. Despite the wealth of interesting imagery, it's shockingly pedestrian.
Rated 06 Mar 2010
Oh good, CGI fantasy armies charging each other. Because I haven't seen that ten times a year since Lord of the Rings came out.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
The plot is so absurdly basic that if Alice had just figured out who she was at the beginning of the film it would have been 5 minutes long. If you step back and look at your script and realize literally any section of it could be cut right out and not affect anything, you've got a serious problem and Tim Burton has been around long enough to have figured that out.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
I adored Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat: the smooth animation and silky voice over, the film's redeeming quality IMO. Every other department failed to capture the spirit of the classic animated film (still my favorite Disney feauture with Dumbo). There was a scene near the end where I wanted to grab my things and leave, one that pandered to the lowest common denominator (well, it's a PG rated Burton film). I just couldn't believe he'd sink that low, but hey, "even Jerry Lewis gets pussy so..."
Rated 15 Feb 2016
A nightmare of ugly CGI, stupid plotting, and half-baked feminist revisionism. No.
Rated 01 May 2010
What did the early Burton movies have in common, were they deep or complex? I guess not, but they had a real appreciation for the strange and bizarre with rich textures,imaginative details. And they managed to investigate the nature of coping with difference. This postmodern modification of the century old story only has a figment of those qualities, even the plasticised aesthetics is artificial. I think Burton had consumed too much of the pill that makes him small and minor.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Too much cgi makes Tim a dull boy.
Rated 15 Mar 2010
The main problem with Burton's Alice is that it feels much more like a hired gig for Disney, than a labour of love. That said, it does manages to translate some of the madness from the book albeit the added action/adventure-aspect never really works. Some beautiful images kept me distracted enough to enjoy it though. Lastly, I know its Disney and all, but what the HELL is the deal with the end credit-hanna-montana'ish abomination of a song?
Rated 14 Mar 2010
A pointless Tim Burton self indulgence. The moments of inspired Lewis Carroll bizarreness and decent wacky performances can't save a boring script with excessive CGI. There is just no need for Crispin Glover's rubbery CGI body. I'm glad Tim didn't have computers to abuse for his whole career...I long for the days of actual sets, practical effects, and puppets with much nostalgia.
Rated 12 May 2011
Memo to all creators: Stop trying to 'subvert' or 'darken' things that were already far more mature, far more thoughtful, and far more complex.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Every other minute the story was falling flat on its face. Who the hell ok'd the screenplay? Why not just make a faithful adaptation? What a godawful script. It's ashame too, since Mia Wasikowska is perfect as Alice and the visuals are often wonderful. Oh well. Also, Danny Elfman, shut up, your music is distracting and obnoxious.
Rated 17 Mar 2010
Burton dissapoints yet again. Unless he soon learns how to regain the ability to make movies with heart, soul - or anything else to keep you interested besides Johnny Depp in heavy makeup - it's tempting to follow in the footsteps of the Red Queen and demand: "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"
Rated 07 Mar 2010
One of the biggest and most spectacular of failures I have seen in recent years, Alice in Wonderland is Burton's attempt to make Carroll's story for the goth crowd. The father issues continue, as do the themes of isolation and "individuality" (basically being pale and childlike passes as different in Burton's book). Johnny Depp also gives another gut-wrenching performance while the plot goes nowhere. Easily Burton's worst film he's ever made. Don't waste your money.
Rated 15 Jul 2011
Awful. Completely awful. Tim Burton has become one of the biggest whore directors as he's lost his magic that made films like "A Nightmare Before Christmas" classics. In short, he has sold-out his style to Hollywood. Alice in Wonderland has some piss-poor acting, the visuals are sloppy, and the atmosphere is simply boring. I couldn't tell if Depp playing a transvestite or channeling Michael Jackson.
Rated 04 Mar 2010
When Tim Burton gets it right, he is fantastic (Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas). But there is no denying he has also made some bad films (the corny Mars Attack and the cringeworthy Planet of the Apes). The bad news is this does not belong to the former lot. The oddness and the smart real world allusions that made Alice great is somehow lost to a cliched story. It is a visually great but very middle-of-the-road film.
Rated 27 Feb 2011
Sometimes quite interesting visually - that's totally what a Bandersnatch would look like! - but Burton doesn't seem to realise that you have to pay at least *some* respect to the source material, rather than (mis)using half-remembered characters, quotes and plot points like a mediocre fanfic writer.
Rated 12 May 2011
A surprisingly dull film, mostly because of its painfully predictable and cliched script. Really now, if you insist on giving Alice in Wonderland an actual plot, at least try to make it clever or original; it's beyond insulting to the source material if you don't. Even worse is Burton's inability to create any sense of wonder or depth in this world; it never feels like a real or particularly interesting place. Further proof that $200 million is never an adequate substitute for creativity.
Rated 04 Mar 2010
For all the frills and whistles, Alice does get less impressive as it goes along. Climax struggles due to this. Mad Hatter Depp does what he does in a bunch of good voice actors with Stephen Fry the Cheshire Cat being the standout.
Rated 18 Jul 2010
I watched while surfing the net but it was still boring. Even watching it halfheartedly I was able to spot lackluster design andtechnically obsolete CGI. Stupid performances throughout. Horrible undertones, Hatter as the Irish revolutionary - someone should say to Johnny Depp to start acting back again, I'm tired of watching Captain Jack Sparrow in every movie he stars.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Firstly: Something about seeing Crispin Glover makes me happy. I can't explain it and I shan't defend it. Also: Tim Burton's wonderland is indeed wondrous, if wildly incoherent, and seemingly more interested in check listing our favourite characters, rather than giving them a meaningful presence. Pity. It's fine in full blown 3D, but I fear it's not a Wonderland you'll want to revisit. Best bit: Save for a particularly nasty dance song towards the end, Danny Elfman brings his absolute A-game.
Rated 13 Sep 2010
13-9-2010 visuals ok, rest is a terrible mess. rating it just to remember never to watch it again
Rated 22 May 2010
Showy CG doesn't make up for shitty substance. Tim Burton started his career with a few really good movies, but in the decade prior to Alice everything he had made was worthless (apart from the nearly decent Corpse Bride) so I wasn't expecting much. Still, this was quite shockingly awful. There is not a single original idea or valuable piece of dialogue in this movie. It is a shoddy patchwork of the most predictable and brainless clichés.
Rated 20 Aug 2021
Oh Johnny Depp was crying for help.
Rated 14 May 2011
Apparently this film has made 1,024.3 billion dollars worldwide. I guess advertising plays a major role in cinema nowadays.
Rated 06 Feb 2014
The narrative is abysmal, relying on unimaginative plot devices rather than simply following the arc of Carroll's story, and the dialogue matches in terms of quality, with none of its intended humour hitting the mark. Wonderland and its many inhabitants are all horrendously designed and coloured, lifelessly rendered without an iota of charm or whimsy, and Alice herself does not once display a single endearing quality. Depp's (inexplicably leading) performance is just embarrassing.
Rated 04 Apr 2010
It's still a good film but not as good as I'd expected from Tim Burton. I can't even put my finger on it (visuals are great), but somehow it didn't deliver the magic. Will have to watch it again though, since I just had the chance to watch it dubbed in German.
Rated 15 Jul 2010
This is just a horrible film. I was really looking forward to this film but almost every aspect and thing about it was just terrible! The acting is mediocre and everyone acts bored, I am quite surprised by how well Johnny Depp is still able to play the SAME character in his last few films. The story is just simple, go defeat the red queen but in the film they give the most idiotic character choices and traits by Alice. Deciding to save the Mad Hatter after only knowing him for ten minutes. This
Rated 19 Mar 2010
a relatively decent (essentially a sequel) remake of a classic story known well by all. there's plenty of name power here, and it does look fairly good (especially in 3-D), but there are no real hooks in the story line. eye candy, plenty; lasting power, little.
Rated 13 May 2010
The story, exciting and comedy delivered in this feel about on par with a made for television film. Certainly not what I'd expect from Burton who I like on a whole, but can acknowledge the fact he's made some duds. While this isn't outright bad it is outright bland. Nothing is captivating or enthralling. Alice has wooden charisma and the Depp's Mad Hatter feels more stupid than mad. While visually some of it looks good I'd say the only person that can really enjoy this is a die-hard Burton fan.
Rated 29 Oct 2012
Johnny Depp has to fappenjack in your muchness before Crispin Glover can knave around in your largeness, ALice. God what a shitty film holy fuvking shit why
Rated 26 May 2010
This is another mediocre re-imagining of a classic fairytale that Tim Burton could churn out in his sleep. It's a polished production totally lacking in any kind of original quality that would make this interesting to a modern audience raised on fantasy. The result is a CGI laden design-by-committee children's film with dispirited acting. Burton missed an opportunity to recreate the heavy period surrealism and subtext of Carroll's work.
Rated 13 Jul 2010
A film so hollow and sour that I almost question whether Burton was ever good at all. There's not an ounce of imagination, fun or quality storytelling on display here. The only thing that we could have reasonably expected from this were pretty visuals but every frame is a fucking disgusting brown mess; there's actually an in-story explanation for why this world was robbed of all of its colour, but that doesn't explain why anyone thought that'd be a good direction to take this film in. Awful.
Rated 20 Mar 2010
Great voice work and, uhh... insanity is kinda humorous I guess. Burton should never stoop to this sort of brainless eye-candy again.
Rated 08 Mar 2010
Granted, the story is too niggling, but this movie just looks too good to say it's only average. The whole world is another excellent proof of Burton's dark aesthetic. His gothic fantasy coupled with the weird ideas of Carroll's original novel "Alice in Wonderland" gives another strange movie. I enjoyed every moment of this Flick. in the interest of full disclosurem this review might be too subjective, because I'm a too big Burton fan.
Rated 23 Sep 2018
What an unintentional nightmare. Everything is grossly overstated and insulting to the senses. It's pure visual ugliness would be enough to dislike but all the character work and the way it handles the Alice story are equally repulsive. Someone needs to stop Tim Burton. His Gothic charm has been replaced with absolute garbage barely masquerading as style.
Rated 16 Jul 2010
A fairly jumbled movie with the characteristic Burton zaniness. Didn't care for the movie being set in Wonderland with a transplanted story from Jabberwocky for whatever reason. The girl who played Alice was okay, Stephen Fry as Ches was the best part of the movie. Too many characters with too little screen time, instead the movie focuses on Carter shouting off with their head over and over and over and over, or Depp as the Mad Hatter. Oh well.
Rated 12 Feb 2011
Tim Burton was once an interesting director, but these days he just seems to be taking other people's material, "Burtonizing" it, adding Johnny Depp and/or his girlfriend to the cast, and then watching the money roll in.
Rated 08 Mar 2010
This provides more Narnia-like action set pieces, but w/ Burton at the helm, as always, none of it can bother 2 go deeper than shag carpeting. Extremely colorful carpeting, of course, as he can always be counted on to spend the sum total of his energies on art direction& production design. Depp doesn't help matters any as he mistakes kooky gibberish 4 character. He'd like 2 think otherwise, but his Mad Hatter is far from unhinged. Like the film, he's just a meaningless kaleidoscope of visuals.
Rated 30 Dec 2010
Boring hero prophecy stuff, made more boring by Burton's undying fascination with overusing sterile CGI. There's no need to make every character a different size, especially when it stunts their interactions with each other. The hip hop dance is simply baffling. Ladies and gentlemen... your Golden Globe Nominee. At least Wasikowska holds her own.
Rated 10 Jan 2011
Inane, senseless, boring, cliched. These are a few things that come to mind after it was done. Oh, and that the fudderwacken is the worst moment from a movie that I've had to sit through in a looooooooong time.
Rated 06 Mar 2010
A good movie with a couple drawbacks. Mia Wasikowska does okay in general, but, for instance, when she finds the small door and keeps changing size until she can get through, it felt like she was doing the actions because the script told her to. The 3D aspect isn't particularly strong. There are some impressive shots, but at other times it doesn't seem much different from a 2D film. The visuals are actually quite creative and stunning and I did enjoy it.
Rated 17 May 2010
The Burton aspect of the film is actually ok, it's a decent adaptation, the visual look actually works and even some of the character designs that look terrible in stills, like the Queen, work reasonably well in the film. It's not a particularly great adaptation, though, and muddles some themes with it's back story and the destiny plot. The worst aspect was Depp, who I usually like but here seems to be unwilling to develop a character, also fudderwacken is unforgivable.
Rated 18 Jul 2010
The whole movie was awful... the dance at the end was sooo fucking un called for.... it killed what little chance this movie had
Rated 09 Mar 2010
I can't even put a like-it/hate-it label on this movie because there was so much of both. With no disrespect to Johnny Depp, what the heck was with Burton's out of character portrayal of the Mad Hatter? Great visuals. A few clever ideas mixed with many less so. Not Burton's best by any stretch.
Rated 28 Mar 2010
Tim Burton is great in creating this strange surrealistic atmospheres and worlds. Wonderful to see and visually quite perfect.Costumedesign too was excellent. I really loved the absurdness in this film and Depp as the Mad Hadder contributes to this. He's great as his wacky self.On the other hand Tim Burton creates an almost entirely new Wonderland, new creatures, new plots and I don't really know if I like these changes.Towards the end it seems to me that the plot never matches the weird newness
Rated 08 Apr 2010
Perhaps the most dissapointing film Burton ever made, seeing as the work of Lewis Carroll would seem to be an ideal fit for the filmmaker. What he delivers is a flat and soulless adaptation that falls short in every category. If this is the best Burton can muster these days, it's time to retire (or get away from the 'bland'ing touch that disney seems to have on live action)
Rated 24 Jun 2010
Ugly, pointless, predictable. I wanted to hate it, I saw some of it, this is the silliest review I've done.
Rated 02 Dec 2010
Terrible. Tim Burton made a movie that is the opposite of the whole spirit of Alice In Wonderland.
Rated 09 Jun 2010
ugh
Rated 25 Nov 2013
man i dont even remember this one i was on so much shrooms that day, i bought them from this kid at the middle school and he was like "2 for price of one" and so ic ouldn't pass that up. me mom raised me to recognize a bargain.
Rated 13 Sep 2014
Witless and charmless. Watched as much as I could bear.
Rated 25 Mar 2010
Tim Burton by numbers... fun if you like that sort of thing but don't bother with the 3d version. It really didn't add to the movie.
Rated 22 Mar 2010
I can't say if this lived up to my expectations because I really wasn't sure what to expect. However I keep thinking of the story fondly & realized I was more invested in the characters and film than I realized when I was watching it. I really liked the new story-line and thought it was intriguing how everything looked just a little "unreal." There were things in the movie that didn't seem to always "fit" and sometimes lines were lost because of the accents. But, definitely an good movie!
Rated 25 Mar 2010
Good acting and voice acting (Stephen Fry was amazing) combined with a meh plot. Not dark enough for wonderland, Alice is somehow transformed into an amazing fighter (not sure what she ate/drank in order for that to happen) and did anyone else notice the animals that were supposedly the Red Queen's captives just kept coming and going from her palace as if no one kept them in check?
Rated 28 Dec 2012
how could the collective moviegoing public not roll its weary eyes at the news of johnny depp playing the fucking mad hatter in a tim burton remake of alice in wonderland...
Rated 27 Mar 2010
Some excellent performances, such as the one turned in by Crispin Glover, were obscured by a weak story and a dreadful turn by Johnny Depp.
Rated 09 Mar 2010
Alan Rickman, the Cheshire Cat, Helena Bonham Carter, the Tea Party scene as a whole, the fact they tried having a strong feminine lead and make her an actual heroine: These are all the good things this movie has or tries to have. All were dragged down by a few lacking performances, an over-reliance on CGI, and just an awful script. The plot often felt dull and the final "battle" was rather uninspired, characters would randomly speak gibberish, and then there was the break dancing....sigh.
Rated 05 Aug 2010
I cannot say I disliked the movie. Only its CGI effects bugged me at times which expected to be better, some movements of animated people were kind of strange. Also one plot-hole made me think "Too much cut out during editing!" But this movie was quite entertaining and I liked Depp's performance. So, definitely not a waste of time.
Rated 29 May 2011
Pointless, plastic and just pathetic. It's getting difficult to expect much of anything from Burton lately, but I thought his knack for visuals might be a good fit for this material. The "morality lesson" in the final act is so embarrassing, but Depp's Mad Hatter "Happy Dance" finale outdoes it. Honestly, this dance is hyped up throughout the entire film, and when it finally happens it is so shameful I can't even come up with a fitting analogy. This film is atrocious. Please, Burton. Just stop.
Rated 19 Mar 2010
The 3-D is the best I've ever seen, which is why I say "As a movie, this is a great theme park ride." But all of Tim Burton's movies are beginning to sound and look alike, and grafting Tamora Pierce teen gal empowerment crap onto Lewis Carroll is both stupid and offensive. Oh, and Tim? The name of the POEM is Jabberwocky. The name of the MONSTER is The Jabberwock.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Main actress is AWFUL. Visuals were unremarkable, script was poor. Saved by Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman. Johnny Depp was exactly the same as he is in every movie and it's getting VERY stale.
Rated 13 Jun 2010
Some nice voice acting & a couple of stand out scenes do not change the fact that this is a mess. Burton's style & presentation has become predictable & for all its flamboyance, rather bland also. The whole story feels rushed, unexplained & anticlimactic. Burton is in a rut & his over-reliance on Wacky Depp, is just evidence of this. The CGI & design wavers from brilliant to sloppy, only adding to this films serious lack of atmosphere. I really haven't got much good to say about this film.
Rated 31 May 2012
Crispin Glover finally works with Tim Burton and the result is not a second Citizen Kane. I'm as shocked as you.
Rated 20 Mar 2010
A half-baked script and a phoned-in effort from Burton.
Rated 06 Jun 2010
I have no idea why CGI looks so bad. It's not like Burton had to work on shoestring budget. However, the main movies problem isn't poor effects (ok, backgrounds are nice), but the lack of inspiration in storytelling. I am often the one who advocates for Burton's work, but this time I don't have anything really good to say.
Rated 11 Mar 2010
great visuals. the rest ain't that great unfortunately.
Rated 25 Mar 2010
Didn't they make this already, called Narnia? oh wait, this is just the typical shallow fantasy plot in all children-epic's. Really uninteresting besides the visuals, and it would benefit from being a lot less accessible; I guess it's for the kids.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
A series of unfortunate effects.
Rated 17 May 2010
I liked the general look of the film. But it isn't really engaging despite solid acting and good visual effects.
Rated 12 Mar 2010
This movie is like a goth Thomas Kinkade painting. Looks pretty, but ultimately soulless, derivative and mass-marketed. It's chock full of every fantasy cliche you can imagine with none of the weirdness or the satire of the original Alice stories. Still, there are worse ways to spend an evening (Stephen Fry's Cheshire Cat is a lone highlight), but Tim Burton's DEFINITELY done better and this should have been amazing and completely wasn't.
Rated 22 Jun 2015
Some people should simply be forbidden the use of cgi. It makes them so fucking lazy and non-selective what shitty brainfarts of theirs are actually worth being realised.
Rated 11 Mar 2010
I'm not sure what happened here. This should have been a fantastic film...but it fails to deliver somehow. The plot seems to go nowhere, and isn't really very interesting in the first place. The finale just seems to lack the "oomph" it needs, too, and generates very little excitement in the viewer. The film does its best to make up for this, however, with absolutely gorgeous imagery and some brilliant voice overs. Depp's performance is great, too. Worth watching, but don't expect much.
Rated 26 May 2016
Sure, it's nice to look at, but so am I and I still try to bring something more to the table. How could Tim Burton make an Alice movie and end up with such a clichéd magical-land-chosen-hero-plot? It's so generic they could have called her Lucy or Dorothy. But what bugs me most is how Alice doesn't want to be pressed into an engagement and so enters a magical land ... where she's pressed into killing a monster she doesn't want to kill. Wut? Should have taken a page from The Book of Life.
Rated 22 Jul 2018
I watched this because I got the 3d blu-ray for cheap and because I am a fool. I just. Ugh. I'm so tempted to waste words, sort of just throw disgusted adjectives at the wall the way Burton throws whacky at the wall in this movie desperately hoping something might stick. I watched part of this drunk then the rest of it sober and found no difference in plot cohesion between the two states
Rated 30 Sep 2014
True story the only movie I've seen in 3d and it turned me off to the whole idea altogether.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
When watching the movies of Tim Burton, one expects unique creativity, a vivid and colorful imagined universe, and strange, crooked characters. The truth is, Alice In Wonderland does live up to these expectations. The story setting is well suited for Burtons talent as a visual filmmaker, and Depp and Bonham Carters Mad Hatter and Red Queen are brilliant executed. However, the plot is too predictable, and never really succeeded in surprising me. Oh, and the Flutterwock(!) was downright repulsive.
Rated 29 Apr 2010
Tim Burton is what people call a visionary master. He creates worlds that are vastly different then one we live in and that is why we love his films. Burton continues to make eye popping films with stellar performances because he has the help of a relatively familiar cast. Depp is out of this world insane, Bonham Carter is crazy. And even the new comer Mia Wasikowska is good in an innocent way. Alice is a fun loving free spirit and Burton captures that brilliantly. A solid film that is magical
Rated 08 Mar 2010
A decent movie, visually it's fun to watch (especially in 3D). The story is like a watered down version of the original. The 3rd Act feels a bit out of place, swapping the quirky surreal tale for the standard "epic fantasy" movie with a large battle.
Rated 05 Mar 2010
This movie SUCKED.
Rated 04 May 2010
I usually like Tim Burton, but this just wasn't really that good. I just never really found myself caring for the characters, or hating the queen. There are definitely better version of this story out there.
Rated 02 Apr 2010
Beautiful and trippy, with intentional meaninglessness sprinkled in. But, it's ultimately forgettable, and devoid of the anarchic surrealism that made the original so much fun.
Rated 03 Apr 2010
The story goes nowhere near the depth of the book. But there were some things I adored. Mia Wasikowska was perfect; Cheshire Cat was just adorable; the visuals were wonderful. And another thing. It's the most sexual (yet subtly sexual) children's film I have ever seen. God dammit, they mentioned lesbianism, they made her change dresses and lose clothes, and I often felt some kind of sexual tension in the film.. And the feminist message at the end worked perfectly for me.
Rated 12 Sep 2010
I was expecting "visually spectacular" and not much else from this film. Although I'd probably stick with that as an overall feel of this movie, I was pleasantly surprised that the actors brought a remarkably endearing quality to their roles. Disney that's not for kids prone to nightmares.
Rated 07 Jan 2011
Rated 03 Jul 2011
Angenehm aufgrund der guten Kostüme und der stimmigen (wenn auch einzeln betrachtet recht durchschnittlichen) CGI. Das Universum war zwar ziemlich inkoheränt und sehr "hibbelig", es ging deshalb aber flott zur Sache, auch wenn man sich fragte, wo jetzt eigtl. wer grad hinrennt. Aber im Grunde basiert das schon auf dem Bonus durch die Vorlage, wenn das ein 08/15 Universum gewesen wäre, wäre er wohl ein Totalabsturz.
Rated 10 Mar 2010
Well, it is still a fairy tale. You can't expect it to be hilarious. Still, animation is pretty good. (worth it seeing it 3D) But it is more THE Alice in wonderland than THE Tim Burton's film, if you get me.
Rated 11 Apr 2010
Not a very memorable film. Another solid performance by Johnny Depp. I was disappointed with Tim Burton though. I had expected, with him as director, a more abstract and vivid portrayal of this classic. A film which you shouldn't avoid, but also a film you shouldn't look for.
Rated 20 Feb 2015
Kaplumbağa Aşil'e ne söyledi bilmiyorum ama Tim Burton'a oldukça nahoş şeyler söylediği kesin. 40 puan da sadece güzel Cheshire Cat animasyonu için
Rated 17 Mar 2010
The actual movie sucks, but it was a great movie-watching experience. The 3D really blew my mind away, and I was in the sober minority. Catch it in 3D or not at all.
Rated 13 Jul 2013
This is the moment when Burton hit rock bottom.
Rated 13 Aug 2010
good movie with crap soundtrack, some effects were really bad too, like the butterflies, they looked like in an 80ies movie
Rated 08 Mar 2010
Weird, interesting, quirky, fun. Basically, what you would expect Tim Burton's vision of Alice In Wonderland would be. Great casting, as well.
Rated 26 Jul 2010
A disappointment from the great Tim Burton. I suppose it will entertain younger viewers, but, unlike Burton's previous works, it is unimaginative, unoriginal and predictable. Sure, it has its moments, thanks to the always splendid performances by Johnny Depp and especially Helena Bonham Carter, but overall, Disney and the PG rating seem to have knocked down the director's wit and unpredictability.
Rated 25 Nov 2011
Alice in Wonderland bored and infuriated me, largely because of how much potential is wasted. A great world is crafted for us, but instead of focusing on it, or a character who serves as our liaison to it, we pay more attention to Johnny Depp occasionally putting on a Scottish accent, while being involved in a plot that has no surprises and little reason for you to care. This is a movie where the world is much better than anything else, and there isn't enough there for us to be captivated.
Rated 04 Apr 2010
Love, love, loveloveloved it.
Rated 16 May 2013
Tim Burton 'Tim Burtons' the bejesus out of Carroll's beloved novel, to results that are, at their BEST, only mildly irritating. I'd take Disney's 1951 disaster over this version any day.
Rated 03 May 2010