0 film rankings

All the Money in the World ()

Your Rating

The story of the kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III and the desperate attempt by his devoted mother to convince his billionaire grandfather to pay the ransom. (imdb)

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one! Just enter the link to YouTube:

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
All the Money in the World belongs to 11 collections
1. Based On True Events (public: moderated by Spunkie - 6 stars)
2. True crime (public: moderated by djross - 6 stars)
3. 1970s period film (public: moderated by djross - 3 stars)
4. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
5. Director at least 80 years old (public: moderated by djross)
6. 90th Academy Reminder List (2017) (public: moderated by cowfrappe)
7. 75th Golden Globe Nominees - 2017 (public: moderated by cowfrappe)
8. Watchlist (private: kissgyozi)
9. 2018: Complete Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
10. Theatrical Watchlist '18 (private: SageSledge)
11. The Best of 2017 (private: SageSledge)
Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Jan 20 Ethereal
61T6
Jan 19 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
75T6
I think I liked this maybe a bit more than my average 75, but, I'm tempering my score because this strikes me as a movie that might not age well for me. Plummer is great, but I'm afraid I don't quite get the hype for Michelle Williams. Ridley Scott probably doesn't deserve the Best Director nom(s) he's getting for this, but for the name and the fact that he pulled off the Herculean task of re-shooting an entire primary character in a few weeks. I dug this for sure, though. Intriguing story.
Jan 19 izwt936g
68T6
Jan 18 Winterboy
86T3
Jan 18 Darren Darren
67T5
It makes more sense that Plummer plays getty seeing as how his own grandson was cast as JPG III. But Getty is a type of character in this that was made for Spacey to play tbh. Oh well. Still an enjoyable time
Jan 17 Seethruskin Seethruskin
4T6
A movie that was made to get Spacey an oscar for supporting actor (whomp whomp) and Michelle Williams a nomination.
Jan 17 bitterbill bitterbill
45T4
Jan 16 WBadger WBadger
12T2
Jan 15 Warren Warren
71T3
A standard kidnapping/hostage thriller with one interesting idea. Plummer's Getty (with no distracting prosthetics, thank fuck) is the movie's best conceit, a jovial old man with a heart of ice who provides this film with its most complex questions. Aside from that this is a pretty tight historical thriller that doesn't take many risks. Williams is quite good but Wahlberg is just doing his usual thing.
Jan 15 boyboymosia boyboymosia
Jan 14 PJH PJH
71T5
Jan 14 Filligan Filligan
87T7
Ridley Scott has to be the most uneven director working today. Oftentimes he'll produce something stale and uninspired, and then he'll surprise us with something like The Martian or this: a tight, well-acted, well-crafted film that feels as competent as it does because it's done by a veteran filmmaker.
Jan 13 Dalboz Dalboz
Jan 10 tliu9
81T3
Jan 09 stuie299 stuie299
70T4
Some good performances help an otherwise dry and monotonous film. Plumber and Williams are good. The cinematography was great. I just think pacing issues really hurt this film. Also despite giving a decent performance Mark Wahlberg felt slightly miscast.
Jan 09 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (CineMarter)
70T8
Jan 07 tjrink
75T9
Jan 07 Xenophule Xenophule
6T2
Watch: Stream it, but you won't miss anything | The trailer makes this look like 'Marky Mark Presents: Taken'. In reality it's two hours of people explaining that money is/isn't important, followed by one good speech by Marky Mark, and then the movie wraps up. There's a couple spots that promise to be exciting, but they're far between and fleeting. Not a terrible movie at all, but I felt very "meh" afterwards.
Jan 07 chineyman chineyman
Jan 06 nickv nickv
69T7
Jan 06 cowfrappe cowfrappe
67T6
Plummer is fantastic and Williams is great as well, but the script is heavy-handed and the tension was flat throughout.
Jan 05 circleoffilm
Jan 05 thebalkabaa thebalkabaa
Jan 04 mattnawrocki
Jan 04 jacobclark12 jacobclark12
83T8
If you like to see great acting, this is the film for you. Ridley Scott has crafted this film to center on Plummer and Michelle Williams, and it shows. I couldn't even tell that Plummer did this on such short notice; in fact, he's the best part of the entire film. There are some points where the story does stray from Paul's kidnapping and becomes more about the elder Getty; however, All the Money in the World's slow-burning fuse makes for a spectacular finale and shows off the talent at hand.
Jan 04 getmoney
80T6
Jan 03 toycanon
75T8
Jan 03 senolatnap
60T4
Mildly watchable, ultimately forgettable. In service of making Getty III "likeable" they've wiped out the fact that he was a teenage coke user, celebrity schmoozer and dealer in drugs and diamonds. For fear that audiences wouldn't sympathize with a high-flying low-life, we've instead been ask to sympathize with a meek, personality-free cypher. Meanwhile, Wahlberg is still not a good actor and sinks a scene that was clearly written to be a moment of crowd-pleasing catharsis.
Jan 03 countryjoint
Jan 02 Stera Stera
57T8
Jan 02 GroovySouls Groovy_Souls
75T7
Marky Mark has come a long way from his days of The Happening, however, I feel they could have put someone much more remarkable in his role. That being said, everything else works. It's a little bland for a Scott film, but Plummer is fantastic and Williams works well in the role. Not the best this year, but it's worth a watch for Plummer and some great cinematography.
Jan 01 zevins
26T4
Jan 01 ffosb22
78T6
Jan 01 alexw
Jan 01 saudade saudade
52T5
Michelle Williams plays a mother that would do anything to get her son back, short of creasing her pant suit.
Dec 31, 2017 drawingboard drawingboard
Dec 31, 2017 bytor bytor
81T8
Dec 31, 2017 Zangin
70T7
Nothing spectacular but still very good. Worth watching for Plummer's performance if nothing else.
Dec 31, 2017 nickbman nickbman
Dec 30, 2017 dean_
6T2
Dec 30, 2017 The_Beast The Beast
6T5
Dry. The opening scene is good. Little sympathy for the young kidnapped Getty, whom we see very little of. Aside from the ear, there are only a few shots of him lying in a bed, flat as his character. Plummer gave Getty some depth. Wahlberg did alright Co sidering his stepping in for Spacey last minute. The movie left me more curious about the story of J. Paul Getty than his grandson.
Dec 30, 2017 DannyPizdetz
90T6
Dec 30, 2017 Frank
80T9
Dec 30, 2017 31bZte
Dec 29, 2017 sellis
75T6
Let’s be honest - Christopher Plummer is the best thing that could’ve happened to this movie. He’s the only real reason worth watching this apart from some nice cinematography, one or two scenes of sharp dialogue, and an okay performance from Michelle Williams.
Dec 29, 2017 PrestoBix PrestoBix
73T8
Dec 27, 2017 Moo555
Dec 27, 2017 Stewball Stewball
70T6
Technically excellent but thematically strained.
Dec 26, 2017 chiphall72
76T7
Dec 26, 2017 CStuckmann CStuckmann
95T9
Dec 25, 2017 NothingsGood NothingsGood
60T6
Man on Smolder. Starring Marky Mark as White Denzel, some guy with long hair as unlikable Dakota Fanning, Michelle Williams as Rhada Mitchell with more talent, and Christopher Plummer as Kevin Spacey pre-rape allegations as Marc Anthony. Too bad Tony jumped off a bridge; his version was better.
Dec 23, 2017 WhatTheFlick WhatTheFlick