All the Real Girls
All-the-Real-Girls

All the Real Girls

2003
Romance, Drama
In a small Southern American town, Paul, who is known for having sexual relations with every girl in town, falls in love with his best friend's younger sister who is a virgin. Paul must try to prove to everyone that this time he is in love rather than in lust. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesMicrosoft StoreYouTubeThe Roku Channel

We're definitely not in Hollywood anymore. David Gordon Green continues to impress - following the amazing "George Washington" - with a raw and emotionally real romance that avoids all the pitfalls and all the clichees of the genre, instead stripping this story of love and lust down to the bone - down to the two central characters (well-acted by Deschanel and Schneider). Points for cinematography and music. Green's movies look dreamlike while simultaneously maintaining a great sense of presence.
This movie breaks my heart every time I see it. I can't get enough of Schneider and Deschanel and their complicated mess of a relationship. Forget The Notebook, this is true love captured on film.
All the Real Girls is amazing. It dismisses all the cliches of a movie romance and makes you feel like you are in love or when you are watching a good movie, like this one, for instance.
First off, it's a beautiful looking movie. The shots look great, and it sets the mood really well. Great performances from pretty much the whole cast (Danny McBride manages to be charming as well), and most of the supporting characters get a little bit of screen time without making the movie too jumbled. It's pretty quirky at times, but never too much so. Great, great movie.
This is one of the realest movies I've ever seen. It takes awhile to get going, though.

Last modified by:ramynoodleramynoodle on 25 Oct 2019