2004
Romance
Can a risk-averse insurance salesman on the rebound from his bride's infidelity (during their honeymoon) find happiness with a waitress he knew in junior high who's averse to commitment? Reuben is a sweet klutz who's ready to settle down but sees in her a chance to recover from disappointment and have some fun; Polly is a sweet itinerant, not ready to settle down but sees a chance to spend time with a nice guy who likes her. What will he do when his bride comes crawling back? (imdb)

2004
Romance

I don't mind this movie at all. Yeah, it's by the numbers and you can see what's going to happen a mile away but it actually works. Philip Seymour Hoffman is hilarious and Jennifer Aniston is so beautiful. I love sharting.
Rated 21 Dec 2009
A by the numbers customary Ben Stiller film. Let's face it, Stiller has worn out the same complexion and disposition shown in There's Something About Mary in every single film he has appeared in. Aniston is interchangeable and comparable to Stiller, and that's definitely not a good thing. They both just need to call it quits and stop with their careers. The only one holding this film on their shoulders is Hoffman, who is the inducement of this generous score of 28. I AM being generous too.
Wow. Another Ben Stiller movie with the same plot. Awkward, accident-prone boy is paired with girl with unique character, and despite a bunch of wacky mishaps, they end up falling in love. I saw this in theaters for some reason I now forget, and left part of my soul behind. This movie did, however, have a Best Actor Oscar winner talking about soiling himself...and that earns it a 50.
Rated 27 Jan 2007
ben stiller and jennifer aniston are two of my favorite stars. i also liked the french diver guy..:)
I thought this was a great Stiller movie, simple and funny. It was cute, and Aniston doesn't really get the recognition she deserves.
Rated 23 Feb 2021
Quite an enjoyable film. I really liked the cheesy characters and comedy. Especially Alec Baldwin and Hoffman.
Jennifer Aniston's ass.
Rated 06 Jan 2023
It has to be pretty bad for me to not like a rom com
Stiller really comes into his element here, with an amazing Salsa scene among others. Some of the slapstick can get a bit crude, though (that is, more than usual for a Stiller movie)
Extremely funny. Ben Stiller makes this film, which also takes advantage of Jennifer Aniston's strengths as a comedic actress.
A great movie. Love the ferret.
Rated 20 Feb 2008
Its better then Click, but overall I thought it was stupid. I did not laugh much, and that really hurt Polly's score. This movie needs more then just a cracker. How about some laughs too.
Rated 23 Mar 2008
Quagmire: "So Ben Stiller's character hates spicy food. But guess what's for dinner! OOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT"
Rated 20 Jun 2008
Along came Jennifer Anniston and ruined another movie. She stinks.
Rated 02 Nov 2008
Very hilarous. I love this film but must be just a one shoot
Rated 08 Jan 2012
very funny and underated
Rated 21 Sep 2010
You will feel as if you have seen this many times (yet afterwords remember very little about it). Stiller playing himself at this point, pretty boring. Hoffman and a couple decent laughs save it from being a total loss.
Rated 02 Apr 2009
cute cute cute...
Rated 01 Dec 2006
This movie is so much funnier than all the other romantic comedies of the past years. Nice effort.
Mediocre romantic comedy. It's enjoyable at times, but on the whole too stupid to be good.
Rated 30 Dec 2006
I just don't buy it. I'm in absolute love with Jen, but you know she's the uptight one.
Rated 14 Jan 2007
The only reason it even gets a 60 is for the presence of Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Hank Azaria. The movie itself earns a 2.
Rated 08 Feb 2021
Went to see this because Hamburg and Stiller had some movietimes before. Hamburg directed "Meet the Parents" and Stiller was excellent in "Zoolander". This comedy is about very neurotic man. The script was poor and the jokes not very funny. I did like Hoffman's performance.
Rated 26 Sep 2013
one of the best of this genre
Rated 27 Jul 2011
very good film
Rated 16 Apr 2007
There are laughs -- Hank Azaria and Philip Seymour Hoffman are both very funny in supporting roles -- but the whole thing feels like a very cynical, studio-built, test-audience-crafted January placeholder. The original title confirms that ("Untitled Ben Stiller Jennifer Aniston Romantic Comedy").
Rated 26 May 2007
Cute
Rated 09 Jul 2007
Saw this on a 22-hour flight from Detroit to Tokyo. Don't know if it was this or the turbulence that made me sick. Avoid.
Average rom-com. Nothing origional really.
Rated 07 Oct 2013
made out pretty hard durin this movie lol
I want to like this movie - I really do. It stars to very likeable leads in Hollywood - no matter what they say. Jennifer Anniston is a leading lady already. She plays a quirky girl who marches to her own drum who helps Ben Stiller break out of his comfort-zone shell. In return he gives her stability. Opposites attract. Hilarity ensues. It wins you over with its charm, but a little too saccharin. Again, I want to like it, but it's too darn sweet.
Bland
Average comedy.
Rated 04 Sep 2016
Boring people being boring.
Rated 17 Sep 2011
I really did enjoy this. Its a very average rom-com from Stiller and Aniston, but not unwatchable. Then PSH is thrown in and its amazing. If it were a movie about PSH's character in this film it may well be a perfect movie. He alone added at minimum 20 points to the score.
Not great, could have been better.
shart
Ben Stiller perfect as always and Jennifer Aniston amazing too...
I only rank it that high because of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who is the only thing good about this movie.
The basketball scene is very funny. The rest of it sucks.
Rated 15 Mar 2016
My parents have a weird obsession with this movie. Its not even that good.
Rated 22 Jun 2012
So overrated...
Rated 24 Oct 2013
An entertaining (if low-brow) cliche romance. A full 10 - 20 points belong to Philip Seymour Hoffman, who is a goddamn national treasure and a shockingly good comedy actor. His story arc on its own would make a fantastic short film, and probably single-handedly saved this from being unenjoyable.
polly want a cracker, go away polly, go team pitt
Pathetic
I love Ben Stiller, but this definitely isn't one of his best roles. I think my dislike of Jennifer Anniston made this one a little less enjoyable for me than it did for others, but it was still good for a few quick laughs.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is gross...in this movie, anyway. Successfully coining the term "Sharted", he wins more than a few laughs. The understated Ben Stiller is perfect if only because he's Ben Stiller and Jennifer Anniston is...well, she's alright.
Rated 10 Mar 2016
Rvw
Rated 17 Jun 2012
Rated 18 Mar 2011
A Charming romantic feel good comedy Philip Seymour Hoffman in a solid comedy performance
Hank Azaria is wonderful, Philip Seymour Hoffman is great. But the film has nothing to say. It's entertaining, but lots of other things are, too, and there are plenty of other films that are more entertaining and more enlightening.
All the characters are likable, but it just isn't a funny movie and the humor is mostly just that of being really unfortunate.
I like this
Ben Stiller romantic comedies can sure be painful...still, this one had a few moments. An entertaining movie at least.
Rated 06 Mar 2016
If you can make it halfway through a comedy without even cracking a smile then it's probably not for me
Rated 16 Mar 2011
SHE HAS A FERRET. IT'S CRAAAAAZY.
Ben Stiller you don't have to do this, you are better than this. Jennfier Aniston, I guess you don't have a choice.
Not bad. Sort of a cute movie. Some bits are funnier than other bits, but they can't all be winners.
null
Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston play Standard Ben Stiller Character #1 and Standard Jennifer Aniston Character #1, respectively. Feels as if it was made by committee.
Rated 20 Aug 2007
Not really funny. Okay.
Rated 26 Feb 2021
Kanka'dan sevgili olunur mu? Yeni evli Ben Stiller, balayından aldatılınca, karşısına Jennifer Aniston çıkar. İkili arasında aşk, komik olduğu kadar güvenli mi olacağını anlamaya çalışır. Ben Stiller - Jennifer Aniston arasındaki kimya çok iyi. Filmi baştan sona soluksuz izletiyorlar. Komik sahneler klişe de olsa izletiyor. Filmin sonunda, Polly ve Gelincik. Kız sen İstanbul'un neresindensin?
Rated 25 May 2012
It's one of those films which is wholly representitive of the dearth of producing talent in the studio system. Two winsome, talented comedy actors are paired with a script that rings completely hollow on the ethical and narrative quality front. Not worth a look in. Blah film for the blah generation.
Rated 20 Jan 2011
I liked it the first time I saw it, but it doesn't hold up anymore.
Rated 09 Oct 2007
It is a romantic comedy, I enjoyed the movie. Deserves mention the cast and soundtrack of the film. The script for a comedy, is also not bad.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
carino, ma esagerato
Rated 10 Feb 2008
Not his best.
Rated 16 Apr 2015
Philip Seymour Hoffman is fucking hilarious in this, as expected. The rest is a seriously bad case of beer shits.
Rated 17 May 2008
A good friend of mine recommended this repeatedly. I now think slightly less of him.
Rated 02 Jun 2008
Cute with a few uncomfortable scenes.
Rated 07 Jun 2008
i wish i knew what hoffman said at the exhibition in the original version, only seen the german one
Rated 15 Jul 2008
hate ben stiller, love jennifer aniston!
Rated 29 Mar 2015
2.15/5
Rated 31 Mar 2012
A shitty and generic rom-com script that's elevated by a pretty great cast, including the always amazing PSH.
Rated 02 Dec 2010
"Not since that famous tussle with Cameron Diaz's dog in There's Something About Mary has Stiller connected so agreeably with a costar." - Sal Cinquemani
Rated 09 Nov 2008
"Let it rain!" I can see why most people dislike this and by logic, so should I. But I don't. What are you gonna do about it?
Rated 09 Nov 2008
Ben stiller is pretty boring
Rated 26 Nov 2008
unusually good romance
Rated 15 Dec 2008
Tolerable if you're on a date.
Rated 22 Jan 2015
Partially viewed.
Rated 22 Feb 2009
The worst thing about Ben Stiller movies is that Ben is a pretty smart/funny guy, but he keeps making shit romantic comedies where he plays the same character.
Rated 02 Mar 2009
Best use of a ferret, thats all I remember
Rated 08 Mar 2009
I used to think that the only "friend" that would make success after the series was David Schwimmer... Real bad prevision...
Rated 14 Mar 2009
The poor ferret :(
Rated 25 Jul 2014
40 points for philip seymour hoffman, excellent choice for an excellent character. 10 points for scuba azaria, 10 points for ear rubbing baldwin. Stiller and aniston pretty much even out each other and that's it for today.
Rated 03 Sep 2023
Formulaic rom com with some humor that hits and some disgusting stuff that is supposed to be funny but is just gross.
Rated 06 Oct 2011
an amusing and, in general, entertaining comedy. not goofy and it didn't contain an excess of gross humor or vulgarity. baldwin adds another solid comic role to his resume. favorite scene: hoffman as proxy for stiller at the van lew meeting.
Rated 01 Nov 2009
No me gusta el genero
Rated 25 Dec 2009
Well, this one was very bad.
Rated 06 Jan 2010
The only reason to see this film is for Phillip Seymour Hoffmann. He saves the film from an F grade. Thats it though.
Rated 19 Jan 2010
When Seymour Hoffman's performance can't make the movie brilliant, you can tell Jennifer Aniston had something to do with it.
Rated 29 Mar 2021
5.5/10
Rated 08 Nov 2011
Nothing new or exciting here. Really bland and predictable. My favorite thing about it is it's the first place I heard the word "shart"
Rated 05 Jan 2014
Along came Polly ... just slightly before I left
Rated 04 Jul 2010
LET IT RAIN!!
Rated 06 Jul 2010
Or along came Reuben, as he stuck his greedy hand on Polly's arse. It's not even the entertaining kind of brainless. It's just brainless. I also feel this score is too generous.
Rated 14 Jul 2010
Absolutely average in every way.
Rated 22 Jul 2010
Tries desperately to be the second coming of "There's Something About Mary". And, it does have moments that draw laughs. But, let's face it, Aniston isn't Diaz. In fact, she's kind of gross!