2009
Romance, Comedy
Alvin, Simon and Theodore are back and ready to rock in their second big-screen comedy that reteams them with their beleaguered manager, Dave (Jason Lee), setting them up for a new series of musical misadventures. David Cross reprises his role as music mogul Ian Hawke, with Cameron Richardson returning as Dave's love interest. Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney provide the voices of the three miscreant marmots.
Directed by:
Written by:
Starring:
Country:
Languages:

2009
Romance, Comedy

Rated 20 Mar 2014
Man, I just love movies that overly sexualize prepubescent chipmunks. ... what? Oh, I meant hate. I hate that. A lot.
Rated 04 May 2010
Where the first was bearable stupidity this one is just annoying.
Rated 02 Mar 2010
Please, whoever signed off on this, stop. I don't think my mind or my ears can handle another go.
Rated 26 Dec 2012
Irredeemably and offensively bad.
Rated 30 Mar 2010
Just as bad as the first movie.
Rated 13 Oct 2011
More of the modernized Chipmunks destroying the memory of what Bagdasarian created. even Lee had the good sense to tone down his involvement in the series come this one. I'm sure that if I die before a third installment comes out I would be rolling in my grave right next to Ross Bagdasarian Sr.
Rated 28 Dec 2009
Much of the music was cool and well placed. And it's hard to hate on the ol' 'munks. I think I've just moved far beyond these kind of movies, especially since I'm not a father. Speaking of, some parents do need to realize that their kids aren't ready to see a movie in public. Too much squealing and poor behavior in the theatre sadly took away from the movie-going experience. Couldn't help but analyze (maybe over-analyze) the sexed-up Chipettes; makes me wonder how "innocent" this movie truly is.
Rated 19 Apr 2010
I got a terrible headache.
Rated 26 Dec 2009
This is actually a pretty charming and harmless kids movie. I laughed a good deal, and other than the totally nonsensical football players, the characters are actually pretty good. The singing is grating, but it's the Chipmunks. Definitely less painful than some movies I've seen.
Rated 21 Jan 2012
Same thing I said in the review for the first. it entertains kids, but doesn't receive the right formula.
Rated 21 Apr 2014
Here's a conclusion that hopefully won't end up getting dragged across my desktop to the recycle bin: Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is something like a Christmastime candy cane. It's colorful. It's sweet. And it's not exactly green beans. So wise parents will always keep an eye on how much the young ones gobble up. (pluggedin.com)
Rated 17 Jan 2011
+ not worth your time
Rated 12 Jul 2012
This Squeakquel may entertain the kiddies, but it's low on energy and heavily reliant on slapstick humor.
Rated 30 Dec 2010
"The story is so paper-thin one surmises it was scrawled on soggy toilet paper somewhere." - Jason Clark
Rated 28 May 2010
The first one was ok at best but this is just awful.
Rated 05 Jun 2010
the worst movie I ever watched all the way thru when I knew in the first twenty mins this movie would suck
Rated 08 Mar 2010
the music was kind of amusing, but barely makes up for everything else!
Rated 07 Oct 2010
I feel raped! Well I guess Jason needed bail money or something?
Rated 28 Dec 2009
Tries hard to be cute and innocent fun, but It's missing the big laughs to keep it together. You know that a movie has failed to deliver on the entertainment part if it can't elicit more than a handfull of chuckles from a theater full of kids. Ultimatly forgettable and far too harmless.
Rated 15 Mar 2013
The worst film I have EVER seen...
Rated 08 Jan 2011
so pretty and good for all of ages
Rated 12 Nov 2016
F: It gets worse. This movie has no funny moments at all. Nonsensical idiocy from start to finish.
Rated 14 Sep 2015
Creators should feel ashamed. So innaproriate.
Rated 15 Aug 2010
Where was the comedy? In the first film, the 'munks pratting about is the primary source of comedy. They get into crazy situations and do childish things, which is ok because they are children. Dave screams "Alllviiiiiinnnn!!!!" because he's always the one who gets into trouble and we all go "ahh, predictable and entertaining!", but Dave isn't in this. The physical comedy is gone, but its not been replaced with anything. Instead its dull and the moral is something about equality? Its not clear
Rated 27 Jul 2011
i love this movie more than i love my mom and dad
Rated 30 Jan 2010
Don't hit me but I thought it was ok and better than the first one. Had some decent laughs and the music was entertaining.

Directed by: