American Psycho
American-Psycho

American Psycho

2000
Comedy, Drama
Patrick Bateman, a young, well to do man working on wall street at his father's company kills for no reason at all. As his life progresses his hatred for the world becomes more and more intense. Based on the book by Bret Easton Ellis. (imdb)
Peacock Premium

Look at that subtle off-white humour. The tasteful length of it. Oh, my God. It even has a star.
Very, very entertaining film. I'll be honest and say that I have not read the book and I don't "remember the 80's," as I was only 7 when they ended, but I still really enjoyed the film. It's satire of culture is very unusual and Christian Bale is absolutely capivating in it. Seeing him rapidly cycle through emotions right at the end of the movie is an absolute marvel to behold. Great movie.
Recently rewatched this for the (5th, 6th?) time after finishing Bret Easton Ellis's fantastic novel and it became so much better. Murder has never been so funny. One of the darkest comedies you will ever see and the social critique is great. The sheer ridiculousness of every situation, every person, and every thing that happens makes it impossible for me to not love. The scene with Jared Leto in his apartment is so great. TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!
"You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death and then play around with your blood." Hell fucking yeah! I love you Patrick. You're the voice of my heart.
A seriously flawed masterpiece. The misconceptions and confusion over whether it was all real or not (I believe not, even if this was the opposite of the intentions of the director) hinder an otherwise fantastic movie and definitely drag it down. It really is such a shame, primarily because Bale puts in the best performance of his career, in fact easily one the best performances I have ever seen. Captivating, shocking and wonderful, with an excellent '80s soundtrack and fantastic screenplay.

89 Collections including 43 Collaborative and 46 Public