Netflix Netflix basic with Ads

2021
Sci-fi
Crime

Rated 21 Oct 2021
The zombified Zack Snyder stands in the hot sun, swaying slightly left and right, dull eyes half-blinking. The nervous intern hands him the ball again as the producers watch from a safe distance and mumble to each other. "We even put glue on it this time. I really don't know what's going on, the project is so straightforward, you'd think it would be impossible for Zack to drop- goddamnit, he just does it again somehow! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?"
Rated 22 May 2021
What happened here? Is this some sort of money laundering scheme?
Rated 06 Oct 2021
They immediately establish universe rules that imply no one on board wanted to make a zombie movie. If you don't want to make a zombie movie, just don't make a zombie movie. It's far easier. SPOILER COMING: I got my greatest enjoyment from guessing how the mother of interned children rescue was going to go and by my estimation: mother dead in helicopter crash, and kids incinerated by bomb blast. They dropped that sucker early so I choose to believe they weren't evac'd. At least I got to laugh.
Rated 21 May 2021
Snyder back in good opening credit sequence form. I fully embrace replacing problematic sex pest actors with a dry wise cracking Tig Notaro from now on.
Rated 23 May 2021
Shockingly bad. Doesn't even live up to Netflix's dumb but fun movie standards. Needlessly long tedious watch with bad writing, bad dialogue, bad acting, and very boring characters.
Rated 02 Jun 2021
Snyder shows what he's best at with the title sequence - and what he's worst at with all the belabored attempts at emotions and motivation. Vegas and zombies and heists could be a winning combination if they were in something much shorter and to the point. Even Snyder's usually strong visuals falter with his odd decisions as cinematographer. Zombie tiger kill was pretty badass though, can't lie about that.
Rated 21 May 2021
Okay, let's inject some dramatic backstory about the characters in between the orange and teal action sequences so that the audience will care for them? maybe? nah.
Rated 16 Sep 2021
Snyder saw the alternate ending to 'I am Legend' and thought to himself: Well. If they're not using that idea...
Rated 22 May 2021
Quick: somebody convince me that the nonstop joyless carnage of that last hour wasn't entirely Bautista's heavy-lidded, pouty-lipped, bratty, entitled daughter's fault.
Rated 26 May 2021
Sold as a Zombie Vegas Heist Film, AotD REALLY takes itself far too seriously, creating far too many uninteresting characters, backstories and arcs, most of which go nowhere or are forgotten during the painful runtime. The heist part is a non event, and why didn't anyone think to ask the casino owner for the combination to his own safe? Once you know/realise Notaro is literally acting in a different film to everybody else it's impossible to unsee it and its very distracting. A big disappointment
Rated 23 May 2021
1. There isn't nearly enough actions. 2. There are way to many character sob-plots and they are treated way too seriously. The movie is overly long because of stuff like the daughter's friend or the zombaby that end up going nowhere. 3. The zombies are seriously underpowered given the mythology. It would be easy for armed military to take them all out.
Rated 22 May 2021
Opens by copying a scare from AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON before becoming a heist film combining ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and ALIENS. Can be seen as taking a step beyond the now fashionable moral that the-best-a-father-can-do-is-die-leaving-behind-a-pot-of-gold by adding that the nature of things is for fathers to in one way or another murder their wives, feel guilt, and atone for it by agreeing to be sacrificed in turn by their somehow still caring daughters. Title sequence is the highlight.
Rated 31 May 2021
Dave Chappelle's Rick James shouting 'DIVERSITY'
Rated 01 Jun 2021
After the awesomeness of the opening zombie killing montage, (Dead Rising anyone?) the film just shambled along like one of the undead. I was more interested in the things that were left unexplained (time loop, zombie robots, aliens?) than the film itself. Sequel time! Dave Bautista was solid and is becoming a good action film star, which is surprising, considering his "acting" skills during his wrestling days. I was sadly disappointed that not a single zombie received a Batista Bomb. Shame
Rated 01 Jun 2021
The opening credits are promising, but the rest of the movie doesn't live up to that promise. Snyder has a flair for visual which is the best aspect of the movie. There are a few okay actions moment, but nothing that's really memorable. Mostly this is way overlong, stuffed with boring backstory, with poor attempts at acting, that still fails to make any of the characters interesting.
Rated 24 May 2021
Just like the credit sequence, it's quite cool, somewhat inventive, and quite a bit too long.
Richard Cheesey.
Rated 18 Nov 2021
Snyder returns to his zombie roots after languishing in a vat of DC's money for too damned long. He may have lost his chops, but "Army of the Dead" isn't really that bad of a movie by zombie standards, it just hits too many tropes and is too damned bland, aside from the zombie tigers, those were pretty rad.
Rated 16 Jun 2021
Vegas is such a great location for creative zombie kills and action setups, but this film almost wastes the opportunity entirely. You can sense the potential at the beginning and then watch it go nowhere.
Rated 01 Jul 2021
I tried very hard to muster all the goodwill I have towards the magnificence-brought-low Vegas setting, Bautista, and the formula of heist films generally in order to enjoy this, but there's really not much to appreciate apart from the odd well-composed shot or novel image (such as the delightfully fake zombie tiger). There's a real failure of editing at work here, and the script is dreadful, an almost impressive collection of clunkers strung together.
Rated 23 May 2021
Did you ever want sexy zombies? Well, now you have sexy zombies. There's something awkward about the cinematography and production design, as if the crew weren't quite gelling on set. Actors don't act like they're in the middle of a zombie situation, and the movie lacks a convincing emotional core, which is crucial if audiences are to care about the action. You may like this if you're a teenage boy ... (What happened to Zack Snyder at that age that his development was forever arrested?)
Rated 13 Jun 2021
I'm all zombied out. Some cool new ideas that are unexplored (robots, rain). The rest is just Snyder trolling (time loop, aliens) Stupid premise (really, money!?). Useless military. Boring daughter rescue plot. Dumb decision-making overall. I don't care for fast zombies or hordes being repeatedly headshotted. Zeus got less buff after escaping. Bautista has good action star chops. BTS horse guy was far too into his horse. Cool zombie tiger but gratuitous mauling. Fav scene: safe booby traps.
Rated 22 May 2021
My biggest criticism is that some of the dialogue fails hard. It is probably a little too long for what it is, as well. Aside from that, it's a stylish take on the zombie flick; the idea of a heist in the middle of a zombie breakout appeals to me. There are some cool ideas here and I really liked how the alphas act differently. The main alpha was quite scary. Some fun action and tension.
Rated 04 Jun 2021
For a zombie movie, the basic premise was not terrible, but the implementation was poor. The cast is mostly a motley crew. Bad editing destroys the realism. Ella Purnell was good, but too hot to be Bautista's daughter. Some awful dialog. The monsters and SFX were a mixed bag. Overbearing and boring soundtrack. Some crazy over the top gore. Overall, it's full of big flaws but entertaining in a sick twisted way.
Rated 26 May 2021
It's Ocean's Eleven with zombies. Not only is it quite boring, at 150 min long it's about 100 min too long.
Rated 05 Jun 2021
Respect for the cinematography, as there are some awesome action shots. Bautista running over tables shooting zombies left and right looked amazing, as well as all the close-up fights. Liking Bautista as damaged but focused action hero. But can we admit Snyder sucks at directing people otherwise? Humans and zombies both act illogically/unnaturally regularly. The Dieter character was unnecessarily cringe. The women here save a lot of the film.
Rated 01 Jun 2021
Wavering soft focus does not equal visual style, though there are a few glimpses of panache in the orange muzzle-flares and desert vistas. The zombies are awful: poorly designed and hilariously choreographed (hello, contemporary dance students), the action is rarely interesting, and the whole affair ends up a pretty monotonous drudge.
Rated 25 May 2021
Army of the Dead plays out like a comic book, with gratuitous violence and a cool mythology behind the zombies. Unfortunately the characters and dialogue are just horrendous. Bautista and Notaro do a decent job, but the plot is dominated by stupid characters making stupid decisions. All this isn't helped by the slowed down close-ups on characters during action scenes. There are a few fun moments, but the film is predictable, overlong and poorly paced from the onset.
Rated 06 Jun 2021
That parachutist dropping down into a crowd of zombies in the opening titles is every user who posts something non-political on the Criticker forums.
Rated 29 May 2021
Vegas does Peninsula (Zombies on a Train sequel). This worked best when it was funny - which is was sometimes.
Rated 22 May 2021
Did not stand out. Annoying characters making ridiculous decisions let it down. And has the whole intelligent zombies thing ever worked? It didn't here, that's for sure.
Rated 21 Jun 2021
Team of like ten people all standing around with guns watching one person struggle with a few zombies: "Leave them, they're gone!" ...okay. I can suspend my beliefs to enjoy some fun effects, but the writing is just terrible in this; to the point where you're not sure if some scene went missing, because what you witnessed didn't really make sense. I'm giving it a little bit of credit because I think Zack Snyder tries to be a decent human being.
Rated 27 May 2021
This movie has no right to be longer than 90 minutes.
Rated 21 May 2021
Terrible and cringey every second of the way. Especially Schweighöfer is even worse in thos movie then usual.
Rated 23 Jun 2021
Really stupid movie that's fun to laugh at. Makes no sense and is very stupidly made but just fucking goes and goes. Good action sequences. Zombie tiger. Robot zombies??
Rated 15 May 2021
Snyder returns to a very familiar genre for himself here, and it's nowhere near as good as his first rodeo. Army of the Dead is entertaining, it presents new ideas to a saturated genre already, and it has some interesting casting choices. Unfortunately, Snyder squanders some of this with some horrible dialogue, predictable turns, and quite frankly...pretty light on genuine terror and discomfort. This is a big action spectacle with the Snyder flair...I'm just not a overly big fan of it.
Rated 07 Jul 2021
As a mindless action film to turn your brain off to watch, you could do worse. The action is pretty fun, and Snyder's auteur stylings suit the zombie genre well. Despite being marketed as a heist film, the heist plot dissappointedly just boiled down to a bunch of people walking to a room and opening a door, and felt like an afterthought. As usual for Snyder, any attempts to write emotional depth to his characters feels completely flat and ham-fisted.
Rated 21 May 2021
It takes a lot to get me interested in a zombie movie, sadly this one had some slow and boring bits - made it a struggle to get through the whole thing. At least the whole heist-zombie-movie concept felt fresh, but it didn't feel unique, oddly enough. Could have been better with less drama scenes and a more fast paced plot, the opposite of a Snyder cut if you will.
Rated 07 Jun 2021
The alpha zombies were stupid and everything about this movie was just sooo slow and drawn out. It's bad when you find yourself bored during the action scenes. Oh yeah in case you were wondering the score also sucked ass.
Rated 31 May 2021
There's just no way to justify this run time. I don't know what they're doing with the DoF in this movie either,but it's a horrible and distracting choice
Rated 26 Sep 2021
Honestly, a great premise. But I don't like the idea of sentient zombies and especially zombie babies. Over the top fun, though.
Rated 21 Aug 2021
Zack Snyder really took his time on the toilet with this one
Rated 04 Jun 2021
One of the most aggressively stupid movies I've ever seen. I hated everything about it, too many moments to name. Even the name of the movie. How generic and inaccurate -- it's zombies in Las Vegas, how hard could it be.
Rated 06 Jun 2021
Heist and Vegas and Zombies is a good premise, but awful execution. Way too long... So many things don't make sense. Even the visuals at times look like a video game. My favorite directors are Kurosawa, Kubrick and Bergman, but from time to time I just want to see pop-corn explosions. And when I do, I try to be forgiving with the film. But this film is so off that is hard to be merciful.
Rated 08 Jun 2021
What could have been a good zombie movie is ruined by too many setups for sequels that might not even come out. This feels more like 'Justice League' than 'Dawn of the Dead'. But there is still some fun to be had if you manage to not think about anything that happens in the movie. If you, you'll suffer late at night, asking yourself 'why would Zack Snyder do this?'
Rated 12 Jun 2021
Points for one of the coolest opening credit montages of all time. Some bitchin' cover songs are interspersed, and a couple of fresh ideas. The rest is pretty much crap. I wish there was an extra character whose sole purpose was to slap every other character to remind them of the time sensitive nature of the heist. That would have been fun.
Rated 12 Jun 2021
This film has some good moments but the running time is way to long. A shorter film would have made things flow better and keep the excitement going. The cast is good here but overall this movie is a near miss.
Rated 04 Sep 2021
It is way too long and the characters feel a little bit too manufactured to feel any compassion for. The new ideas for zombies were pretty cool, as was the zombie horse and the tiger (and the sexy zombie), but those are the only things keeping this movie afloat. Also, I am so done with any scene where someone is dying and the scene is slowed down and people are yelling 'nooo/mooom/daaad/nameee!"
Rated 26 Aug 2021
This movie has some interesting stuff, just not 2 hours and 20 minutes of it. Starting at the intro, everything is so drawn out that one constantly gets bored watching this. It would've been a better movie if a good editor cut about 40 minutes from it.. I even fast forwarded through some scenes at the end (which is something I usually never do)
Rated 25 May 2021
Too long and pretty stupid. It's serviceable as a waste of time movie that you probably won't hate if you are into zombie action movies.
Rated 21 May 2021
Army Of The Dead is so much fun. Zack Snyder has made a good introduction if he's going to build the zombie franchise / universe. Thanks to the fact that the film does not take itself seriously, the genre is used in a versatile way. If you love zombie movies, I think you will be happy with some pretty solid scenes.
Rated 29 May 2021
Does what it's supposed to do. Popcorn entertainment. Sleek action.
Rated 23 May 2021
Overlong but otherwise fine enough action popcorn flick. Not super familiar with Snyder, but his sensibilities seem basic Hollywoodesque in the most uninteresting way possible.
Rated 27 May 2021
All the zombies are fantastic and the action is pretty good. The father daughter plot line just felt out of place in the movie. If it had been cut out I think it would have flowed better and been a better length. It's pretty crazy how they put Tig Notaro in all the scenes after the fact.
Rated 23 May 2021
Another movie that falls apart in the 3rd act, up till then it was going well. It is stylish, has some good action, but falls of a cliff after a while. The diversity feels natural and my badass ladies are super cool.
Rated 23 May 2021
Snyder really overestimated how much I would care about the characters, their relationships, or his addition of unexplained elements to the zombies. Also, it should have rained. Stick to directing.
Rated 24 May 2021
Pretty generic setup -- it's written Alien ripoff all over -- and yet still enjoyable here and there -- the gore stuff. Snyder actually tones down some of this boring slowmo but somehow extends his cheesy ironic videoclips and creates uninteresting back (and humanitarian lol) story. Should've been a 90 minute flick -- and with no Snyder as DP.
Rated 20 Nov 2021
It would have been ok if they had focused on one thing instead of trying to make this thing a hundred different things. Also, the shallow depth of field was distracting.
Rated 16 Oct 2021
It's a really cool idea, and I love the design of the zombies, but some things just don't work here for me. In particular, I think there is wasted potential in the story, and I end up wondering what exactly the point of the story by the end of it, aside from setting up a sequel. I like Snyder, and his style and the action is what worked the best here. It's ultimately still a fun movie, but some of the best aspects of it feel wasted.
Rated 31 Mar 2022
Fun zombie movie, well executed. Very gory, be warned. I enjoyed the twist of having the zombies with their own form of social structure. The ending got absurd, but saying that of a movie that relishes in the absurd from the start is kind of funny.
Rated 28 May 2021
Too long and just the same ol' shite
Rated 30 Jun 2022
There's just too much stuff put into this soup. The movie should've been the opening montage.
Rated 28 Mar 2022
Bhadtokillwifeorjustthegirlsmom+moreevolvedones+gonnanukeLV+Zleadermournswife/unbornbaby+onekillshisexrightaftertheymadeup+cameforwife'shead-speargirlsodropsitsmoosh+girlhastokillhim+otherguydidntknowhewasbit/spreadstonewmexico
Rated 11 Mar 2022
Zack Snyder’ın yakın ve bulanık çekim tekniği seyirciyi zaman zaman bunaltsa da asıl sorun filmin yanlış kararlar alması.
Rated 22 Jan 2022
There isn't much new you can do with zombie films but at least this one isn't afraid to go all in and make fun of itself. The biggest win for this might be the fact that Tig Notaro's performance (insertion) is so natural, you won't believe it was added later.
Rated 11 Dec 2021
I mean... It's different....
Rated 18 Apr 2023
A classic this is not but it was a fun zombie movie that attempted to break the zombie mold. I enjoyed the plot point that these zombies have a hierarchy. That helps to move zombie stories forward. The acting in this movie was not the best except for the character of Deiter, who I am glad was given a prequel of his own. There were some really good action scenes and some moments of sheer unadulterated fun. I was the most torn by Tig Notaro's performance. I love her but her acting isn't the best.
Rated 22 Jul 2022
army of the dead more like army of the best
Rated 17 Feb 2024
There is something so deeply, deeply offensive about putting a song about the Troubles as a punchline in a bad zombie movie.
Rated 04 Nov 2021
Fun, if cliche zombie movie with a bank heist twist on it
Rated 23 Oct 2022
As usual, Snyder knows not how to write an engaging story or characters, so he just throws at you stuff that he thinks is 'cool'. Is there cool stuff in this? A few! Do I care? Not really. I just cannot care about any of this. Doesn't work as a heist, it's not even a functional zombie movie. It has 0 characters of note. And it wastes the Vegas location.
Rated 30 Dec 2023
Army of the Dead Pixel
Borderline
Rated 10 Jul 2021
Senenin zombi filmi. İyi 1 açılış sahnesiyle başlayan film, Las Vegas'ın en ünlü kumarhanesinin kasasını soymak için, Dave Bautista ve ekibini izliyoruz. Kalan sağlar bizimdir tarzında ilerleyen film, tempo sıkıntısı yaşatıp süresini uzatıyor. Korku-macera filminden çok matrak-komedi filmine dönüşmüş. Filmin sonunda, 1 kişi kurtuluyor. Bulun bakalım kim? Sana şurdan bir pati atarım. Arabaya uçarsın.
Rated 27 May 2021
Zack snyder seni de sana film yaptıranları da ayrı ayrı sikeyim. Onun bunun çocuğu. Rezil gerizekalı sinemayı bitirdiniz be orospu çocukları. Bir daha film izlemek istemiyorum sizin yüzünüzden beyinsizler.
Fun!
Rated 27 May 2021
Reasonably entertaining if you just avoid thinking more than 2 seconds about any of it.
Rated 25 May 2021
First things first: it's not as good as Snyder's first movie. But...it's still enjoyable. Despite the long running time the only thing that should have been cut are the last 5 minutes.
Damn, that was boring.
Rated 21 May 2021
not a fan of Snyder's style
Rated 21 May 2021
This movie has okay pace, some interesting choreographed visuals and a fair share of semi-charming leads - enough to leave me entertained for 2.5h at least, and as someone who's completely sick of the zombie-genre that says a lot. (Or maybe I was just in a good mood)
Rated 21 May 2021
This is a Zack Snyder film through and through and that's what makes the most innovative thing to hit Zombies in years. Most of the cast is likable and does their job proficiently enough that the story and the world it is set in become more believable. It is violent with some cool twists and some crazy what the hell style action sequences. It's fun at the very least and full of Zombie chaos.
Rated 21 May 2021
???????? - 1 ???????? - 3 ????? - 2 ?????????? - 3 ??????????? - 3 ?????????? ????? ???? - 3 ???? - 4 ????????? - 4 ?????? - 2 ????????? ???? - 3 ????????? - 4 ????????????? - 3 ?????? - 4 ???? - 2 ??????????? - 4 ?????? - 2 ???? - 3 ???????? ?????? - 3 ??????? - 4 ??????? - 3 ?????? - 73 ????? - 75
Rated 12 Aug 2021
yey, another generic, unengaging and predictable zombie movie.
Decent popcorn entertainment.
Rated 23 May 2021
Çıkış mantığının diğer zombi filmlerinden farklı olması güzel, insanlar av değil avcı gibi, onun haricinde bir zombi filminden ne beklerseniz hepsi var. Tempo yüksek, efektler güzel, "kate" hariç olmak üzere bireysel hikayeler ve konu başarılı. Zack Snyder alışık olduğumuz şekilde birinci sınıf iş çıkarmış.
Rated 24 May 2021
Straight up dumb fun. Synder embraces the zombie violence to a cartoonish degree and includes his standard one thousand needle drops. I can't say I'm a fan of his new foray into focal depth cinematography, but on the other hand there is a zombie tiger.
Rated 24 May 2021
I really do not like if good zombie horror movie is decorated with romantic clichés. On the other hand, I would expect that if one character just lost his colleague he would be looking a little bit ruined the rest of his presence in movie.
Rated 25 May 2021
This film is surprisingly really good. Zack Snyder's vision shines through here, as he takes a simple story and ramps it up to include a curious sci-fi mystery that is really insane to think about. I was captivated
Rated 29 May 2021
Pretty enjoyable zombie action movie. It was little too long for my taste but otherwise had a great time.
Rated 30 May 2021
watchable
Rated 04 Jun 2021
Ocean 11's for Dummies. Not an un-fun experience, but not necessarily a lasting one either.
Rated 13 Jun 2021
Janky popcorn movie with fun characterisation. Unfortunately most of the best moments are in the first third, and the creators squander the storytelling resources they have put in place - be it cool characters inexplicably killed off or pay-offs and sub-plots trampled over or never materialised. Fast zombies aside, this is a commendable effort to bring something new to the genre but the depth of the mythos is only glimpsed at, and the many hanging plotlines are disappointing. // cf. Aliens
Rated 21 Jun 2021
If a massively over-the-top zombie slaughter is what you're after, that's what you're getting with Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead (2021). The main fault was the super zombies. They were just uninteresting and didn't feel all that dangerous compared your average brain dead zombie. The rest of the mindless killing was amusing.