BPM (Beats Per Minute)
BPM-Beats-Per-Minute
BPM-Beats-Per-Minute

BPM (Beats Per Minute)

2017
Early 1990s. With AIDS having already claimed countless lives for nearly ten years, Act up-Paris activists multiply actions to fight general indifference. Nathan, a newcomer to the group, has his world shaken up by Sean, a radical militant, who throws his last bits of strength into the struggle. (imdb)
Amazon VideoGoogle Play MoviesVuduCrackleTubi TVKanopy
Hoopla
Pluto TV
VUDU Free
Dekkoo
Plex
Plex Player

Very rarely have I seen a film which is about two hours too long. There's some good stuff in here, the activism/meeting scenes are generally really entertaining and interesting. Unforrunately the film focuses mostly on the personal relationships of a couple of characters it just couldn't force me to care about, despite spending 2,5 hours trying. The most baffling fact is that any single (or dozen) scene(s) could be cut without any real loss.
Poignant, realistic, natural, will only watch the once, unless I'm at a class learning about the history of homosexuality, then I'll sit and watch it again, because this film should be shown in classes related to the subject.
Just like the movement Act up, this movie is passionate, angry and proactive. I believe it did the job of exposing some bits and pieces of state and corporate responsibility to homosexuals. And from this lesson directly to the intimacy of private moments, from sex to death. I would recommend it to anyone with care for another human being.
A little bit long still emotionally very powerful. I like how the movie handles the politic situation of the era without failing to forget the individual relationships.
A rare realistic portrait of activism, without too much glory and optimism. This movie has one of the best sex scenes, and one of the best funeral scenes I have ever seen.

Submitted bytechnopopTechnoPop on 11 Jun 2017