Back to the Future Part III

Back to the Future Part III

1990
Sci-fi

Rated 10 Dec 2015
The least of the trilogy, but still a solidly entertaining good time with the characters you've come to love.
Rated 18 Sep 2008
A solid conclusion to the trilogy and, let's be fair, you need to watch all three considering the first two require watching the next one for a real conclusion. This one is a bit lack on the time travel and is really direct with it's references to other films but that's OK in my opinion because the references well done. Yes the first two are better but this one's still worth seeing but be sure to see the first two before this.
The weakest of the trilogy with a bullet, but it's still got Marty McFly and Doc Brown and the Delorean, so it's still good. Just with a kind of jarring Western motif pasted on. I'd still be lying out my ass if I said I haven't seen it a dozen times.
Rated 06 Feb 2007
Meh, if I had a time machine and could choose to settle in any time period, I sure as hell wouldn't pick the Old West. People died of stuff like Typhus and Diptheria and you had to shit in a hole in the ground outside. Anyways, this movie is OK but nothing special.
Rated 26 Sep 2009
If it didn't have two solid films behind it I'm not sure it would hold up on its own, but it does and it's fun to see Marty and Doc in the old west, and the ending fits the series.
Rated 03 May 2008
Back To The Future Part III is an excellent conclusion to the enjoyable trilogy. While at first 1895 may seem like an inferior setting, the familiar mix of comedy and action remains intact and is in fact added to by this wild west setting. Time travel antics may be somewhat lacking when compaired to previous installmets, but Part III more than makes up for it elsewhere, providing the series with some more great moments and an equally great ending.
Rated 15 Sep 2020
Being a fan of the first two movies (of course), and also a fan of westerns I came into this one with reserved expectations. There is a lot to live up to, and comedic westerns are tricky. I was very pleasantly surprised. This is a solid conclusion to the trilogy and the western is actually very well done. Costuming, sets, and portrayal of western life were excellent. It would have been better ending a couple minutes sooner than it did, but that's a minor quibble.
Rated 26 Jul 2012
This Trilogy is like Pizza. Even when it's at its worst, it's still streets ahead of pretty much most other options.
This is the weakest entry in the trilogy, but since they are collectively my favourite movies, they still get the same grade. The western setting and somewhat silly conflicts in this film are a major departure from the first two films, but what remains is a great examination of an unusual friendship (Marty & Doc) and how love can change everything.
Rated 23 Oct 2011
Picture Back to the Future and its actors in the wild west and you've pretty much got this. The new leads and characters are welcome additions and I found this to be just as entertaining as the first two movies. Good movie, and a good sequel. My love for this trilogy will probably never die.
Rated 16 Jul 2016
Zemeckis has spoken against the idea of a Back to the Future remake/reboot for years; conveniently forgetting he's made two lousy ones already.
Rated 13 Apr 2010
My favourite out of all of them.
Rated 06 Nov 2020
Pretty cheesy throughout and easily the worst of the trilogy, though it doesn't ruin a trilogy. The heart of the movie is still the relationship between Doc and Marty, but it makes everyone else one dimensional (Steenburgen is an okay addition). The train scene seems to take forever. The logic isn't the greatest but they go through decent lengths to wrap things up nicely. Fav scene: getting ready to travel back in time with Doc in '55 at the drive-in theatre.
Rated 30 Dec 2009
The weakest of the Back to the Future movies, I felt like it really lost the sense of fun and wonder from the previous films and the ending was just atrocious. Still, they retain some of the humor and wrap up some loose ends from the previous films, but it can't beat the magic of the first one and the spectacle of the second one.
Rated 28 Aug 2010
Man, Marty could have ended 100 years of headaches if he had just taken out Mad Dog Tannen.
Rated 23 Oct 2010
I think the reason people don't like this one as much as its predecessors is that it's a slower, more character-focused story, that really has Doc as its main lead. But that's what I've come to appreciate about it; both Doc and Marty get to change and grow as people, and we really get to see the impact of these truly weird life events on both of them. (Plus, a female character who has her own agency and significantly participates in the plot!? 1990, you spoil me.)
Rated 02 May 2017
(Viewed in 2014): Shot back to back with Part II, conventional wisdom has it that III is superior to II because the latter was rushed and confusing. II did suffer from a glut of ideas, but III has the exact opposite problem: it lacks ambition. The Western setting wasn't a terrible idea, but it isn't creatively utilized and often plays like a pilot for a corny sitcom shot on Hollywood backlots; Doc's romantic sub-plot also drags. It is the worst in the series, but it's worth it for fans.
Rated 20 Jan 2013
The problem here is that while the first and second both took place in different times, continuing by going back in time to the 1800's muddles a great formula by side winding this into a partial western. It's still a good movie, but obviously the first two are better.
Rated 12 Jan 2017
"So, Elisabeth, we want you to play Marty's girlfriend in Part II and III. Oh, what's that? Where's your part in Part III? Well, you get knocked out after II, so you're missing from the entirety of III until the end. No, no one will forget that Marty is spoken for during III."
Rated 20 Jun 2009
I never much cared for this threequel as a child, though it's tough to say why I like it now. It's not just because simply being a part of the BTTF franchise inspires all sorts of good feelings, or that I've come to love Westerns. As a child, I didn't really think of Hill Valley itself as a character in the films, or track the changes it undergoes through each alternate timeline. It's quite clever and funny actually, and a lot of fun -- it just suffers from being not as fun as its predecessors.
Rated 18 Jul 2009
Is kind of a bad movie, but is very fun for what it is.
Rated 14 Apr 2012
Did Huey Lewis do any country songs?
Rated 27 Jan 2013
The weakest of the trilogy, but as a conclusion it works very well in wrapping up the story. Again, there's never a dull moment in this part and it's still ridiculously entertaining; it just doesn't hit the highs of the previous two.
Rated 17 Oct 2010
"It ain't only the DeLorean that's out of gas." - Eric Henderson
Rated 14 Feb 2007
The last part of the time travelling adventure and it still good. Besides better than the most of other movies of the same kind!
Rated 22 Oct 2008
A real nosedive for the series in terms of quality. The old west setting is pretty boring, and Marty meeting his great great great uncle or whatever was stupid. I prefer not to think about this entry when I'm enjoying the first two. Needs more DeLorean.
Rated 29 Dec 2006
Better than II, not as good as I.
Rated 31 Dec 2006
not as good as the first 2 but still a FANTASTIC MOVIE
Rated 29 Nov 2011
I loved this movie. My favorite of the trilogy. Setting 100 years in the past set it apart from how sequels are done. Inventive and funny with echos of popular westerns. A great conclusion to one of Universal best franchises.
Rated 03 Feb 2009
If you are watching this expecting a "final chapter" you will be disappointed. What you want to do, is watch it as a parody of the first two, that way instead of saying to yourself "what the fuck is this shit" you can just laugh and have fun.
Rated 08 Feb 2008
Don't try to make a sequel into a Western, of all things.
Rated 03 Jul 2012
A clever and enjoyable wrapping-up of the time-traveling adventures.
Rated 27 Oct 2008
Who the fuck wants to time travel to the ol' West, ever?
Rated 24 Aug 2009
A great culmination to the classic trilogy. A fun adventure this time back in the wild wild west with lots of new twists for the finale along with the great themes from the 1st two (see Biff)
Rated 12 Feb 2009
Zemeckis never made anything nearly as good after this.
Rated 07 Jan 2011
~4
Rated 13 Sep 2008
The weakest of the trilogy.
Rated 19 May 2009
enjoyable but not as good as Back to the Future
Rated 07 Jan 2010
loved the series as a kid, but only the first one stands the test of time
Rated 17 Aug 2007
Good as final part of the trilogy, not so hot as standalone movie.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
I always thought this was the weakest one in the trilogy
Rated 30 Dec 2023
Pales in comparison to 'I' and 'II' but these words will always be stuck in my head: "Especially not some duded-up, egg-suckin' gutter trash!"
Rated 08 Nov 2007
The poorest of the trilogy. Therefore, I have to give it a low grade.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
Love the Trilogy!
Rated 30 Jul 2011
Exhilarating conclusion to the trilogy, which follows a similar structure to the original film, especially in its nerve wracking climax which equals the first film's clocktower as a masterwork of suspense! Steenburgen is a lovely addition as Doc's love interest, and Lloyd proves himself capable of carrying the heart and soul of the film as a romantic lead. Wilson and Thompson are as effective as ever, and love the barroom cameos by cowboys of films past! Lots of fun.
Rated 19 Jan 2013
Marty is a cool dude. I love his skateboard.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
Not as good as the two others, but an OK way to finish it off.
Rated 23 Oct 2019
Most people claim this is the weakest of the trilogy, and that's true. But even the weakest installment in the greatest sci-fi comedy series of all time is top tier. The heart is still there, and the movie deserves to be considered a classic, as it truly brings the full story arc to a satisfying conclusion.
Hahaha... how can you not like the Back to the Future series? If you don't, then you have lost all faith in humanity and should stop wasting our precious resources by staying alive.
Zemeckis concludes his fly-by tour of cinevisual past, present and future with a trip to the Wild West. Peoples' enjoyment of this one mostly hinges on their appreciation or respect for Westerns, so accordingly if they don't like it, you probably shouldn't listen to them about films, ever...
Rated 11 Nov 2007
By far the worst of the three
Rated 14 Oct 2008
The quality comes back up in this episode with plenty of fun and entertainment.
Rated 29 Sep 2008
Seriye yakışmayan bir son!
Rated 29 Dec 2009
I miss the 90's.
Rated 04 Jun 2007
no reason for this
Rated 25 Jul 2007
If the first FUTURE film was a pretty good fantasy, the second FUTURE a total-clockwork of the first film, then the third and last FUTURE movie isn't about the gravitas or critically linked to the earlier pictures, but an escapist fantasy that tries to explore the time travel-premise in adventurist fashion this side of a STAR TREK or DOCTOR WHO re-run...and it works.
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Rated 06 Aug 2009
Michael J Fox was a smash hit in all thre of the movies of Back to the Future, and number three was probably one of the better ones.
Rated 06 Jun 2013
Really, I didn't see the point to this.
Worse than first two but still hits the spot! great ending.
Rated 16 Jul 2012
A good (almost great) sequel but not on par with the first two films.
It's maybe a little more "out there" than the first BTTF, but this third and final installment is still an incredible film. It is probably the most complete film of the three, with a similar story to the first, but slightly more complex. It's arguably the smartest of the three. It's got great new dilemmas and characters, and it's just as charming and fun as the others. Awesome!
Rated 25 Sep 2010
I found this one grating in parts and slightly boring, but enough of the series charm still exists to make it tolerable.
Rated 04 Aug 2011
In some ways better than the second and in some ways worse, although both the second and the third are not as good as the first. It feels stretched a bit but it has a good third act, some really great moments, and it's a good capper to the whole series. Unfortunately a lot of the things that made the first movie original and fun started to run out of steam by the third movie. Score is not a grade.
Rated 12 May 2023
audiovisual 71 acting 50 overall feeling 60 avg 60
Rated 12 Jan 2013
Better than Part II, but not as good as the original. Still fantastic family entertainment, though!
Rated 09 May 2021
Too many endings. The one with the crash was the most satisfying so it should have been enough.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
this was shot at the same time as back to the future part 2 but somehow it sucks. also the NES game includes back to the future parts 2 & 3 on the same cart. lucky you!
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Not really the same...
Rated 31 Dec 2011
This has to be my favorite of the Back to the Future trilogy. I've always liked Mary Steenburgen, and it was nice to see her in one of her earlier films.
Rated 03 Aug 2007
Coasts a bit on the accumulated goodwill from the first two but ties everything up into such a nice bow that it feels churlish to complain.
Rated 07 Dec 2011
As good as the first one..The final installment in the Back to the Future trilogy picks up where the second film left off, but it casts off the dizzying time travel of the first two films for mostly routine comedy set in the Old West. Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) receives a 70-year-old letter from his inventor friend, Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd), who tells Marty that he has retreated a century in time to live out a relatively quiet life in the Old West. Doc Brown reveals that he hid his DeLore
Very nice trilogie
Rated 06 Apr 2009
People tend to regard this as the weakest of the trilogy, but I disagree. Unlike Part II at least this had a singular focus to the narrative, instead of jumping all over the place. At least this had original jokes and gags, and with the exception of the final scene with the doc and Marty, it didn't force me to suspend my disbelief to an unreasonable degree.
Rated 23 Dec 2013
Worth watching to complete the trilogy. Not as good as the first two though.
Rated 27 Jul 2007
Zemeckis goes Sergio Leone and meets Terrence Hill & Bud Spencer on the road.
Rated 18 Mar 2015
"I do my killing after breakfast."
Rated 02 Feb 2009
worst of the three. but still some nice entertainment for a sunay afternoon.
Rated 15 May 2014
Get along little Delorean! This epic future-western is not a Joss Whedon production but another part of the Back to the Future trilogy. Doc. Brown and McFly are back one last time. This time they tackle the rough and tumble wild west in Hill Valley. This one is a lot more fun than Part II. I like the western setting and Clara...
Rated 11 Jul 2012
After watching this again I had to lower the score a little as it really isn't as fun and has little to do with time travel and seems more like a standard comedy with the beloved characters or really like a back door Television series pilot.
Rated 22 Mar 2009
Zemeckis knows how to craft an adrenalizing chase scene, and I also appreciated his by-now obligatory nods to B-movie nostalgia; one scene is staged at a 1955 drive-in (where _Tarantula_ and _Revenge of the Creature_ share a double bill). Though this represents an improvement over II, I ultimately felt crushed under the sheer weight of producer Steven Spielberg's anvil whimsy.
Rated 18 Aug 2008
x0
Rated 28 Apr 2009
Perfect popcorn-movie.
Rated 03 Mar 2007
The worst in the series, it felt as though they were milking for a plot and a reason to turn the series into a trilogy in order to bring in a little more cash.
Rated 28 Jan 2021
#20-11#, rw4, prequels, rewatch(5) }**{ #90s(e)#, popcorn, prequels.
An entertaining little piece I suppose, not as exciting as the original
Rated 31 Dec 2007
Was this really necessary?
Rated 28 Apr 2009
Not a fan of Westerns. Weak link of the series
Rated 03 Jun 2010
A much more drab and slower movie compared to its prequels, but certainly not bad. For comparison's sake, it's not anywhere near as messy as Part 2 but lacks the excitement of the first. Still, Doc Brown's relationship with the new female lead is engaging and the film still boasts a lot of colorful and memorable characters. The climax and finale are fantastic.
Rated 20 May 2023
Is it utterly brilliant? No, but I just have way too much fun with this one. It's an adventurous and heartwarming end to the series, with my favourite iteration on the soundtrack.
Rated 20 Sep 2007
Excellent Sci-fi movie. They continued the Time travell adventures.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
R - A triumphant conclusion to the series. Great enjoyment to be had in the old west setting.
Rated 17 Apr 2009
This is so stupid on a fundamental level. The first one is 30 years in the past. The second is 30 in the future. This one is, uh... 100 years in the past!
Rated 14 May 2012
Better than I remember. It really pays tribute to the first one. Many similarities. It has a lot of heart as well. Can't get enough of Doc Brown and Marty McFly!
Rated 24 May 2021
Couldn't be worse final to trilogy.
Rated 13 Oct 2011
The third part of this history is not better than the first or the second, but still a great movie!
Rated 06 Jul 2021
I like it :)
Rated 12 Jun 2012
Serinin ilk 2 filmine gore daha dusuk tempolu, ama yine de basarili.
Rated 29 Oct 2007
Entertaining, but losing steam. Enjoyable though.
Rated 03 Sep 2008
For the most part, it seems like they took the previous film's script and replaced "THE FUTURE" with "THE OLD WEST".