2002
Crime
Gaylord Oakes (Hopkins) is a veteran CIA agent who must transform sarcastic, street-wise punk Jake Hayes (Rock) into a sophisticated and savvy spy to replace his murdered identical twin brother. (Touchstone Pictures)

2002
Crime

Rated 02 May 2007
Ferociously generic in a way that makes you depressed, so much so that you skip being mad altogether.
Rated 20 Aug 2021
Anthony Hopkins and Chris Rock are great in this together. Especially Rock makes the whole film work.
Rated 13 Feb 2007
Always been a fan of chris rock and the creepiest man alive, anthony hopkins. It had a nice pace
Rated 15 Oct 2020
A bit a low blow from Joel Schumacher. Nothing new here, most cinema goers have seen plenty of spy-buddy movies, where just few people are trying to save the world. Probably this movie is made only to get Hopkins and Rock acting together as both were audience magnets.
Rated 23 Oct 2018
While this is not a horrible movie it is by no means great either. Strange casting choices joined together make for strange pace and flow at times. The night scenes filmed in Prague and New York were well done and added visual interest.
Rated 27 Sep 2016
Why even they lettin' Schumacher to makin new movies after the Batman movies ? Just Why ?
Rated 15 Aug 2016
This movie has a weak premise and a bad script. Chris Rock and Anthony Hopkins try their best with this material but they don't really have any chemistry together. The action scenes are nothing special. Overall I would say skip watching this movie.
Rated 21 Apr 2013
I hardly even liked this when it was called "Enemy of the State".
Rated 02 Apr 2013
2/4/2013
Rated 14 Nov 2012
entertaining enough, I suppose.
Rated 09 Aug 2011
Bad film. It's like Anthony Hopkins wasn't even trying. Or perhaps it's his agent who wasn't even trying when he set Hopkins up with this role.
Rated 01 Feb 2011
I don't understand all the low ratings. This is a very good film and the scene at the diner is hilarious. The final showdown with the main villain is also excellent.
Rated 31 Jan 2011
I still can't figure out how Joel Schumacher also made the brilliant "Falling Down." Another review said "aggressively mediocre," and that is so perfectly apt. That they wasted the funniest man in America at the time along with one of the best dramatic actors ever is just a travesty.
Rated 04 Nov 2010
Way too many cheesy moments and unbelievable actions by the "spy".
Rated 25 Oct 2010
""Welcome to my church, where we worship money," says the film's Czech ghoul. Words fit for Bruckheimer." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 07 Sep 2010
I can't figure out why anyone involved thought this was a good idea. I couldn't figure out why my dad brought it home from the video store either. I can't remember why I agreed to watch it. Bad decisions by everyone involved.
Rated 08 Jul 2010
I did not think that the combination of Anthony Hopkins and Chris Rock had even a tiny chance of working, but it made an interesting base for an otherwise completely formulaic film.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
Have to say I don't remember much.
Rated 31 Mar 2009
Never saw it, but I do love the band
Rated 26 Jan 2009
Amusing
Rated 22 Jan 2009
I gave it one point, because Anthony is in it. The rest is awful propaganda.
Rated 25 Dec 2008
Good enough just to pass time.
Rated 02 Sep 2008
watchable
Rated 26 Feb 2008
Wow, what a bad movie. Chris Rock is terribly miscast and utterly unfunny, while every actor provides an unispired performance. Combine that with a lack of plot and some film school dropout-quality cinematography, and you have "Bad Company." Trivia note: The title was, for some unfathomable reason, changed to "9 Days" for the Japanese market. Maybe they just wanted to remove the "Bad" from the title in an attempt to make the movie a little less...well...bad.
Rated 04 Feb 2008
This is way to high from me, but I find Chris Rock funny, so...
Rated 09 Nov 2007
It's not funny. The characters suck. The token-Bruckheimer action sucks. Chris Rock sucks. The pairing of the two stars have no amusing chemistry, so they in-turn suck. Anthony Hopkins collects his paycheck.
Rated 17 Sep 2007
dull action/comedy
Rated 23 Aug 2007
crap
A steaming pile
i actually enjoyed it, as bad as it was. give it a go (maybe it's because i love both actors in their elements, which isn't here)
Worth seeing on an airplane.