2006
A slick psychological thriller, Basic Instinct 2 explores what happens when the darker side of human nature is uncovered. Has the intelligent, seductive and manipulative Catherine Tramell (Stone) finally met her match? (Sony Pictures Entertainment)

2006

Rated 05 Dec 2018
Bafflingly less sexy than Grumpier Old Men.
Rated 15 Aug 2010
The opening lines of this film were (while in a speeding car): "I can't move." "That's ok you're in a car." It did not recover.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
"Stone doesn't so much enter and leave the film of her own volition so much as she's carted on and off like Hannibal Lecter, the difference being that she'd rather sit on your face than bite it off." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 14 Dec 2008
Don't know why everyone says this movie sucked that hard. Wasn't as good as the first one, but it sure wasn't bad.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
I actually threw up durring this. I don't know why, I just did. It was that horrible.
Rated 11 Nov 2013
What do we have with Basic Instinct 2? We get a plot that's often incomprehensible, a mystery that you won't be able to solve -- not that you'll care enough to want to -- a leading actress who does one thing well but that one thing might not be worth doing, a lack of style or vision, a couple of sexy moments, a lackluster leading man who will be compared unfavorably to Michael Douglas, and a movie not worth your time. That about sums it up.
Rated 01 Sep 2015
Rated 26 Aug 2010
#00s(m)#, hype, story, 'pt1', Sharon S.
Rated 22 Mar 2012
I'm quite conflicted in regards to this film. Every logical part of me, is telling me how incredibly bad it is - hence the low score. And yet, I was highly entertained all the way through. I guess that ANY film with either of these two Davids can't help being, at the very least, watchable.
Rated 10 Apr 2012
Would be a INSTANT camp classic if crazy ass Sharon Stone (she's genuinely awesome here) was on screen the entire time and if we weren't subjected to endless scenes of wet blanket David Morrissey wandering around the city and being totally boring. The clear highlight is Stone's breathless monologue, "When you think... about FUCKING me... and I know you do... how do ya picture it... doctor?"
Rated 25 Jun 2012
Absurd but not nearly as bad or uninteresting as I expected.
Rated 29 Aug 2012
ger; [basic instinct 2]; ein psychologe untersucht eine manipulative frau die wahrscheinlich eine reihe von morden verbrochen hat.;
Rated 18 Apr 2010
Total letdown, the thrill of the original is lost in this rendition, with every possible twist thrown in for the sake of doing so.
Rated 11 Feb 2016
Rated 17 Apr 2016
Very bad choice for Charlotte Rampling.
Rated 03 Oct 2017
I'm sure there are tons of people with shit ratings who never actually watched the movie, or went in with pre-conceived notion that it was crap. Well guess what it is actually a pretty decent thriller, much better than a lot of others out there. It's no Verhoeven film, but it IS entertaining, and Stone is still looking quite fine.
Rated 02 Nov 2017
A very worthless sequel
Rated 30 Jul 2020
Sharon Stone'u o kadar kişi öptü ama hiç biri polat alemdar gibi değildi alşdjaksd . İlk filmi de güzeldi .O kadar yıl geçmesine rağmen taş gibi karı ...
Rated 17 Mar 2024
the story is the same as the first one..
Rated 18 Mar 2024
A mediocre imitation of Paul Verhoeven’s Basic Instinct. The production isn’t even that bad, they have the mi5 bunker set from skyfall, and they had a sick car into water crash at the beginning. There’s some nice acting and cool scenes. But this is sadly not enough to repair the damaged caused by the cringe. The writing is terrible. Trash script. Poorly written dialogue. Not enough nudity either. Americanised PG-13 Bullshit. Disappointing sequel. Classic.
Rated 25 Feb 2007
Sharon Stone is hawt!
Rated 14 Nov 2009
So bad it's awesome!
Rated 03 Nov 2008
Lucky it wasn't my money wasted on the ticket. I did lose two hours of my life, however.
Rated 02 Nov 2008
what a beach. I'm sure she's the same in life
Rated 26 Sep 2008
I watch Basic Instinct and believe it's great at psychology but when I watch the second ep , it's a bitch who trick the man. When the final scene come guess the solution is here but NO .......just an implausible word and flashback.
Rated 03 Sep 2008
Jesus people it wasn't THAT bad. It wasn't great, but Christ it was certainly watchable.
Rated 04 Aug 2008
And it was during this film that I realized what a tiring person Catherine Tramell is. Unfortunately, Lead Actor Guy was too dumb to live, making the wrong decisions at every opportunity. This film also suffers because: A) The world of psychiatrists just isn't as interesting as the world of cops, B) They went way over the top with Tramell's behavior, and C) didn't provide anyone else to really play the audience's suspicions off of. Still glossy and sexy though.
Rated 30 Jun 2008
worth a warch
Rated 01 May 2008
There have been some terrible sequels. This one tops the list.
Rated 09 Oct 2007
Still sexy, still no story, no script.
After the first film was released, there were no end to these sorts of movies around, full of all manner of kinky sex and gratuitous nudity, so by waiting 14 years to deliver the follow-up, the producers have come to the party after everyone else has had their fix and left.
the sex scenes make it worth the watch
The first reel was awesome, but after that it was ludicrous.
I saw it on a dare....
I haven't seen it, but pity points for Miss Stone.
Rated 17 Jun 2007
One of the worst movies ever made.