0 rankings

Before I Fall ()

Your Rating

Summary: February 12 is just another day in Sam's charmed life until it turns out to be her last. Stuck reliving her last day over one inexplicable week, Sam untangles the mystery around her death and discovers everything she's in danger of losing. (imdb)

Genres: Drama, Mystery

Country: USA

Directed By: Ry Russo-Young

Written By: Maria Maggenti

Starring: Logan Miller, Zoey Deutch, Liv Hewson

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Before I Fall belongs to 2 collections
1. Time loop (public: moderated by djross - 6 stars)
2. Black List Films (private: jimmyjazz)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Jul 27 Mingus99999
10T1
Jul 24 raboom
83T7
Jul 22 Barraoc Barraoc
60T5
Before I Fall is a teen, repeating-day drama, sort of like a Mean Girls/Groundhog Day mash-up. For me, the repeating day is almost too brief, and lessons learned almost came too quickly. Worth a watch, though.
Jul 21 StegSchreck
Jun 17 letterboxdvo letterboxdvo
29T3
Jun 12 zoink zoink
60T3
This movie it what it is, a teen groundhog day. Hopefully everyone who sees it knows exactly what it is. I saw the reviews weren't bad and thought the girl I'm dating might like it. She did and I found it surprisingly tolerable.
Jun 12 ajengpuspita ajengpuspita
40T1
im not into this movie, its really flat line story i can guess the ending of this movie, its too many flashback
Jun 11 punk_dfc
59T2
Jun 11 Ric
45T1
I really tried, and although some of it is enjoyable, this movie just didn't click. Aside from all the cliché, I just don't get how the plot, which revolves around a suicidal girl, can spend so little time on her character. Maybe it's some deep allegory, like the film trying to be as shallow as the characters it's depicting... Anyway Groundhog day still rules !
Jun 09 Simionski Simionski
60T5
Jun 09 tancan
67T2
I think the narrative and style is good, I especially like the melancholic blue color. But the story is awfully bad.
Jun 06 buffratings buffratings
May 28 demirtas
35T2
May 27 Vassago Vassago
45T2
Boring and very predictable.
May 26 gabitheizen gabitheizen
55T8
#17#, exp3, rw4, story, Zoey.D/9A5
May 19 teddi teddi
54T4
It seems to me that filmmakers are seriously running out of ideas and that's why everyway you look you see stupid movies or tv shows based on stupid books, most of which are young adult. This looked like an interesting idea ...mmmm, not so much. And really poor execution.
May 19 Deliormanli Deliormanli
70T5
May 18 fcherchi fcherchi
1T1
May 18 roonay3k roonay3k
70T7
Could have been written much better, but I kinda liked it!
May 17 donmezsefa donmezsefa
Mar 18 DancingP
61T4
Mar 16 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
55T3
"Groundhog Day" starring impossibly-pretty-but-cartoonishly-horrible high school girls learning lessons they were probably old enough to already know, that's sure to work for its target audience. That sounds a little too harsh; I definitely didn't hate this. But the over-the-top nature of just how sociopathic these girls are definitely leaned on me for the whole watch. That could be a performance thing, a writing thing, or both. Definite weaknesses in the screenplay. Not a waste of time, though.
Mar 15 Darren Darren
65T5
This shit gonna be underrated.
Mar 15 eats_almonds eats-almonds
2T2
I actually felt so uncomfortable the first half of the movie I couldn't look at the screen. Hacky characters. Its softens up and the message is nice I guess, but you gotta treat your audience with a little respect, even if they're 13.
Mar 15 Seethruskin Seethruskin
2T2
I think Russo-Young is a talented filmmaker but this was a pretty clear miss.
Mar 15 raiders2000
Mar 10 HKi HKi
64T3
Mar 07 Stewball Stewball
90T10
Ok, in the last 6 months, I've rated an action movie (The Accountant) a 10+; and then I rated a movie about a dressmaker (titled oddly enough, The Dressmaker) as a 9; but now I've hit a new low by rating a teenybopper flick with a 9 as well. But I don't feel myself slipping away, though I'm sure some here will cynically disagree. At any rate, I've sat on this for a couple of days and have decided to stick with it. The movie god lured me into this with the possibility of a good story, about a g [Full Review]
Mar 05 mattnawrocki
Mar 03 filmcricket
53T5
Mar 03 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
78T4
Mar 01 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (CineMarter)
40T4
I don't know whose idea it was to do a Groundhog Day/Mean Girls mashup but make it a serious young adult drama, but it was a mistake. The actors aren't bad, but many of them are playing cartoonishly monstrous characters - to the point that (1) you don't believe any turnaround and (2) you can't root for them. Its moral, "life-changing" platitudes are worn out to the point that, if you're over the age of 12, they won't have any impact on you. Mostly, though, it's just a whole lot of mediocrity. [Full Review]
Average Tier 3.65 from 75 Rankings rss