Criticker.com - Film & TV Recommendations and Community
Short Film

Bennys badekar (1971)

Your Rating
500 characters left

Summary: In what you could call a child-friendly Jetée-like manner, with animation on top of real pictures, we follow Benny into his own bathtub. It's a wonderful world full of colors, friendly or funny creatures and music and Benny quickly makes friends and start seeking for a hidden treasure. A movie for children - and everyone else. (by AndreasThau)

Genres: Comedy, Adventure, Animation

Country: Denmark

Directed By: Jannik Hastrup, Flemming Quist Møller

Written By: Flemming Quist Møller

Starring: Jytte Abildstrøm, Otto Brandenburg, Jesper Klein, Peter Belli, Bo Jakobsen, Povl Dissing

AKA: Benny's Bathtub

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Bennys badekar doesn't belong to any collections yet
Collections provide a way to gather films in personal or public lists.

Browse the full list of collections
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
davdkh
65T1
Krzakmester svnhf
82T8
A classic and very obvious poke at both various political idiosyncrasies and how silly being an adult really is. There are so many fantastic images and messages here; the scene with the Pirates, the police crab, the octopus, the bird-watcher; it is just a constant stream of social commentary, all seen from the eyes of a completely innocent child. I wish children's cartoons were still this good, deep and meaningful. And not only that, but it is just filled with great quotes.
Langelund Langelund (CinemaZone.dk)
AndreasThau AndreasThau
95T10
I do not believe it could ever be made better. "Min oldemor kan tæve din storesøster!" Pirate song is epic, epic, epic.
Bulldoggen Bulldoggen
Ofterdingen
70T8
Bagger Bagger
0T1
I suspect that most of the love this gets is from people that grew up with it. I didn't - so I don't. Utopian socialism, a gee-golly attempt at being in childs height and just plain flat and uninspired singing from some of Denmarks best talent just doesn't do anything for me.
Average Tier 7.3 from 20 Rankings rss