Bones and All
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVfuboTVMGM Plus Amazon ChannelGoogle Play Movies
Vudu
Bones-and-All

Bones and All

2022
Romance, Drama
Maren, a young woman, learns how to survive on the margins of society. (imdb)
Vudu
MGM Plus
Microsoft Store
MGM Plus Roku Premium Channel

10 things I ate about you
It’s Guadagnino’s worst in a hot minute, but still has all the soul customary from him. So many good performances but Russell ends up carrying it beautifully.
I disliked this movie, but I must share the criticism of someone I overheard, which made the entire experience worth it. I wish I was making this up... "This movie was not scientifically realistic! There are not that many cannibals! And the idea that cannibals could smell each other? There's no way! He smelled him coming off the bus? No chance! Plus, I lived in Ann Arbor for 15 years. There were no CANNIBALS working in the book store!"
I don't think it successfully resolves the moral contradictions in its premise, instead ending on a similar feeling to the director's other doomed Chalamet romance. But like the rest of these improbable romantic gestures, it is ecstatic. I can feel the warmth in the lovers embrace. Their terror is undeniable. To harmoniously re-invent the 70s outlaw road trip and the outsider metaphor of a vampire flick just proves that Guadagnino can do anything. One of the best movies of the year.
A movie with no meat, just bones.

Submitted bygabrielpGabriel_p on 19 Jun 2022