Cats-Cradle
We weren't able to find any streaming offers for Cat's Cradle
Cat\

Ratings and reviews:

Cat's Cradle

1959
Short Film
6m
Not very visually interesting if you ask me. When the montage work is really fast it becomes compelling but otherwise boring.
Another one of those "Stan's home movies" that I just don't find that interesting, no matter how he edits it, or what kind of justification he conjures for it.
Worst Vonnegut adaptation ever. But nah it's pretty interesting if only for its hyperkinetic editing and snatches of memorable imagery.
It got a little old but I still rather liked it for it's strange somewhat sinister visual style.
Another strange, fascinating little movie from Brakhage. All that fast cutting must have been an incredible bitch in 1959
Thanks, change my life.
I can respect Brakhage's whole thing he had going on, I enjoy the images and the colour tint. But I don't know, I watched this and got burnt out by the quick editing and the repetitive imagery. It doesn't even go on long, this one just didn't really do it for me.
The chaotic editing and nostalgic colours and recurring images and abrasive effects turn this abstract piece of work into a unworldly moving event.
Moments of languid relaxation (in fact, maybe just one big impossible moment) examined obsessively and disjointedly.
Fascinating and bizarre. Like seeing the world from the cat's perspective (a few third person shots thrown in for good measure), then chopping the footage up like mad in a manner that would make Eisenstein proud. The red tint (which also makes the film feel really warm) and crazy editing makes everything seem kind of alien, and slowly you find yourself adjusting to seeing things this way.
interesting red-tinted aesthetic, and a cat. apparently my twentieth brakhage. this is what i get for trying to watch as many from the criterion collection as possible, i suppose.