Center Stage
Center-Stage

Center Stage

2000
Drama, Music
"Center Stage" is an intimate look into the education of three young students, Jodie, Eva and Maureen, as they study at the American Ballet Academy. Life isn't what they expected at the esteemed ABC, and all three face problems along the road. Jodie doesn't have the "ideal" body for dancing, Eva doesn't have the right attitude, and Maureen doesn't have the heart. Along the way, they learn that love can be found in unlikely places, and dancing should be a passion, not a duty. (imdb)
Franchise: Center Stage

It's a ballet of ANGST!
if u like dancers u have to watch this one. I accept that acting is poor but u will see real dance! not acting... :)
You've got to hand it to Peter Gallagher's eyebrows. They're the most expressive thing in this movie.
Great dancing, especially by Radetsky, Soldana and Stiefel. Some scenes are well done, others less so. For what is more or less a formula film, the movie does offer a generally well-rounded depiction of the milieu.
If I did ballet, I think I would also be known as the bad boy of ballet. Like a real Bill Laimbeir out there.

7 Collections including 6 Collaborative and 1 Public