2004
Surrounded by limber, wanton women on a booze-soaked island resort owned by rock star has-been Coconut Pete (Paxton), a non-stop party takes a turn for the weird when dead bodies start turning up faster than you could drink a rum punch. (Fox)

2004

Rated 28 Mar 2007
Not nearly as good as Super Troopers
Decent party flick. I found myself both amused and genuinely scared at once. Not too much of either, though. If you *loved* super troopers, you'll *like* this one....you'll own it because it's Broken Lizard, and every-effin-thing they make should be owned, but were it not, you would not. *shrug*
Rated 20 Feb 2008
This movie is stupid.
It's funny enough and entertaining enough, but never does anything truly worthy of being a great film.
Rated 09 Dec 2013
Sea Shanties and Wet Panties.
Rated 30 Jan 2012
It's a fuckin' joy ride. The fun is done.
Rated 31 Mar 2012
It's nowhere near as funny as Super Troopers, of course, but it is still funny enough.
Rated 14 Dec 2011
This is a silly, funny send up of slasher films. It looks like the cast had a blast making this comedy. My 2 favorite comedic performances in this movie are Bill Paxton and Jay Chandrasekhar. If you are a fan of the Broken Lizard's films then check this one out.
Rated 28 Nov 2011
Had it not been Broken Lizard's first movie after Super Troopers it probably wouldn't have been as disliked as it was. There are definitely some moments that are uniquely funny, and I have to admit they really went for it with the horror aspect towards the end. It's watchable and I'd like to give them props on the effort, even if it feels like a glorified straight to DVD film.
Rated 26 Oct 2011
"There's a problem with spoofs of crappy horror comedy flicks: in order to get to the spoof comedy, the audience still has to wade through the crappy horror flick." - Chris Barsanti
Rated 10 Oct 2011
Rated 29 Mar 2011
If you want a funny horror parody watch Shaun of the Dead because this is worthless.
Rated 29 Nov 2010
I'm gonna define it plain and simple: BULLSHIT!
Rated 23 Sep 2010
Goofy, and not nearly as funny as Super Troopers but I didn't think it was as bad as some. Some pretty funny moments if you stick with it and lower any expectations.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
Kind of surprise--wasn't expecting to find so much suspense and gore and it was good! Had some comedic moments that really worked as well. Recommended!
Rated 22 Jun 2010
Awesome funny movie!
Rated 09 Apr 2010
Hugely disappointing after the excellent Super Troopers.
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Broken Lizard have a knack for making these average scripts a lot better than they should be, usually by throwing in some genuinely sharp humor. Not their best, but not bad.
Rated 24 Jan 2010
I don't remember this terribly well, except it was so so, and terribly scripted
Rated 30 Dec 2009
I only rate on a 10 scale (10%, 20%, ...), but I almost deviated in order to give this piece of garbage a lower score :-/
Rated 21 Oct 2009
It's not necessarily as bad as its reputation. It's a bit too long, and the solid gags come sporadically at best. Doesn't mean that it isn't a fun way to spend a couple hours. Nor can you go wrong with Bill Paxton channeling Jimmy Buffett.
Rated 22 Jul 2009
Super Troops was much better.
Rated 20 Jul 2009
So, yes, it's not as funny as SuperTroopers but it's still a decent movie. Give it a chance, it has some moments that make it worthwhile.
Rated 25 Jun 2009
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
Rated 04 May 2009
Eh. What a disappointment.
Rated 03 Jan 2014
Comedy is too hit-or-miss is this slasher spoof.
Rated 05 Mar 2022
Starts off on an uncertain footing, taking a while to bed-in, and while it never quite satisfies as either a beach comedy or slasher film, it has some great laugh-out-loud moments, especially in the second half when the eccentricities of the characters (and film-makers) really start to expose themselves. Ultimately a lot of fun if you are on its wavelength, but then how could any movie featuring Paxton as an ageing 70s hippie singer (!) be anything less than a lot of fun?
Rated 27 Jan 2022
It would appear Super Troopers was a fluke.
Rated 02 Oct 2021
a A horror-comedy from the people behind Super Troopers and Beerfest. At a party island resort the staff is getting picked off one by one by a machete killer. It's unfunny and unscary, and the characters mostly are just obnoxious
Rated 12 Feb 2021
Under influence of Super Troopers, i watched this movie and had high hopes. With this movie Broken Lizard group chopped off their own foot. Really poor.
Rated 27 Oct 2017
Puts the "broken" in broken lizard.
Rated 15 Mar 2017
Almost boring... almost.
Rated 14 Feb 2017
Broken Lizard's follow up film to "Super Troopers"(2001) is an attempt at a comedy/horror film, but is slightly disappointing in both respects. However, the group is still strong in playing a fun bunch of wild different characters trying not to be killed on this island resort. Fantastically supported by Bill Paxton, as well as Brittany Daniel, this decent slasher comedy is good for a few laughs.
Rated 30 Sep 2014
Just make another super troopers you fucks
Rated 28 Jun 2014
Bill Paxton sings. That is the first thing you should know about this film. Everything else is irrelevant. Well, if you don't dread the fact of hearing Paxton test out his pipes, you'll find yourself a pretty funny comedy and a slightly creepy horror film. It's not strong in either category but together it produces a decently fun time. Honestly I just watched this because of Bill Paxton...
Rated 01 Mar 2012
Not a great film, but it really has it's moments and it's not the horrible hell spawn everyone says really it's just kind of a goofy comedy that knows what it is. It just was not a good directing choice having this come after Super Troopers.
Rated 20 Oct 2013
That Pacman-insipred game was awesome. These people surely know how to party.
Rated 03 Jun 2013
Okay movie, but doesn't exploit the genre as much as one would hope when watching it.
Rated 22 Jan 2013
Tries to do both horror and comedy, and fails at either. There are much better films in this genre.
Rated 17 Jan 2013
5+ pretty good
Rated 09 Oct 2012
It is a parody of an entire genre, so it does not follow any particular film's plot line. It does not simply make references to pop culture like a Seltzer movie. It tells it's own story and lampoons horror cliche's along the way. How anyone can not enjoy Paxton's finest role, Coconut Pete, is beyond me. If you don't want an album called "Sea Shanties and Wet Panties," we can't be friends.
Rated 18 Sep 2012
Eh, not really my brand of humor. The movie and comedy are just kind of weird.
Rated 26 Aug 2012
its stupid, its really stupid. but in a great way. why does this movie get so much flack? its a good time if you ask me.
Rated 03 Feb 2009
I hate this movie.
Rated 30 Mar 2012
Because it won't commit to being a slasher movie or a parody of one, it ends up somewhere in the middle and not being good at either. A few funny or relatively suspenseful moments, but nothing really memorable.
A couple of really funny gags here and there but nowhere near as funny as Super Troopers. There are plenty of minor laughs but only a few major ones which makes this comedy only decent and nothing more.
Not as good as Super-Troopers (Stock once more, I know), but still laugh inducing at the very least.
A pretty big letdown from Broken Lizard - the genius behind Supertroopers.
What is this? It's seldom funny and not scary and just seems kinda hammy and moronic and has little holding it together. It's boring and crass and doesn't go anywhere. That's about all I can say about it, other than I usually kinda like this kind of movie, but this just didn't work for me.
i liked the scooby spoof
Super Troopers was about... oh... 1,000x better.
Super Troopers is irreverent and funny. This is just unfunny and pointless inanity.
Never ever rent this thing. ever.
As Broken Lizard's follow-up to Super Troopers, I expected more of the hilarious antics of this comedy troupe, but was sorely dissapointed. Not that it's a bad movie by any means, just that it wasn't especially funny. Also, I hate Jimmy Buffet.
Not as good as Broken Lizard's other production (Supertroopers)
This film is meant to be a parody of bad action movies in the '80s however it fails in that it simply imitates them without doing much to actually make fun of them. It is hard to take as a comedy and really seems like a bad horror movie that's just a bit too silly to take seriously.
Mostly just good stupid humor.
Broken Lizard just missed the boat on this one...
A real letdown after "Super Troopers".
Rated 07 Aug 2007
Hilarious horror comedy.
Rated 26 May 2007
Lame.
Rated 18 Apr 2007
What can I say? I loved it!
Rated 13 Mar 2007
Definitely not Broken Lizards best film, but certainly delivers the types of laughs you would expect. If you want to see another movie along these lines I would reccomend Beerfest instead.
Rated 26 Feb 2007
If you're going to set yourself the challenge of lampooning a genre that's already turned into a parody of itself then you'd better have some incredible writing at the heart of your film. Club Dread doesn't.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Don't bother.
Rated 29 Jul 2008
Definitely a downgrade for the Broken Lizard guys, but it's hard not to downgrade from one of the best comedies of all-time. They try to mix comedy with horror and do an okay job, and I would rather watch this and get some laughs and (very) small doses of horror and suspense than, say, The Grudge.
Rated 08 Feb 2009
I can't remember if I made it through the entire movie.
Rated 01 Jan 2007
The fun is done.
Rated 23 Jan 2009
The humor of this troop is an acquired taste, but once acquired, there's no turning back!
Rated 13 Jan 2009
Distracting and it loses promise towards the finish line. This marks the downfall of one of the few decent comedy directors of the last decades.
Rated 11 Jan 2009
Liked this so much more than Super Troopers
Rated 08 Jan 2009
Standard retarded "frat" humor.
Rated 31 Dec 2008
It's wierd. The first time I saw this and Super Troopers, I thought Super Troopers sucked and this was way better. Now after seeing both again at least once I like Super Troopers and this is just a mess. Besides it being a mess I do like the live action Pac Man game they played.
Rated 05 Dec 2008
This is one of those movies you watch and think, "man, that could've been soooooo much better." That's a shame.
Rated 17 Sep 2008
A decent distraction.
Rated 08 Apr 2009
If you want another Super Troopers movie here, you will disappoint. If you do not expect anything, might like. This is a tribute/parody to Slash Movies. Indeed, it has a few really funny things, but not many.
Rated 14 Jun 2008
good movie
Rated 17 May 2008
Broken Lizard's follow up to "Super Troopers" is a complete let down. The entire troupe drops the ball on this one, but that wouldn't be the first time someone makes something great and follows it with something crappy. The best thing about this movie is that pretty much everybody forgot about it after less than a year.
Rated 29 Mar 2008
I would have rated this lower if it wasn't for the live-action PacMan scene.
Rated 20 Jan 2008
Good God this movie blew.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
Silly, stupid fun from the Broken Lizard boys. This homage to 1970's style horror "slasher" films finds the guests and employees of a tropical resort run by a second rate- washed up Jimmy Buffet type of singer (played brilliantly by Bill Paxton) being picked off - one by one. The film satirizes all of the typical sillyness of the genre and the Broken Lizard brand of humor permeates every frame. If you are looking for mindless, silly fun, with some mock gore/violence - this film is worth a look.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
Disappointing horror/comedy that ends up knowing more about horror films than comedies. It made me sad since I'm a fan of Super Troopers.
Rated 24 Aug 2007
I liked it..
Excellent example of the movie title telling you all you need to know about the film...dread
Crappy.