Coach-Carter

Ratings and reviews:

Coach Carter

2005
Drama, Sport
The movie where Samuel L. Jackson has had enough of these motherf'in kids on his motherf'in team.
Samuel Jackson is a great actor, I like him very much. Normally I do not like American sportsmovies but with S.Jackson it is always super.
"True-life" story about street kids from the Bronx who never swear, really killed any sort of realism for me leaving only a decent movie.
If you're in the mood for CITCH
A highly underrated performance from Samuel L. Jackson gives this film a breath of emotional strength. I'd go as far as to call it inspirational, but I don't feel the need to see it more than once.
Good movie. Samual L. Jackson as the coach was a a good fit; he plays his role really good. Seeing the coach trying to help these kids was really engaging to watch. We get small snapshots of certain kids' lives through the movie. My main problem with the movie was that it never tries to center on a certain plotpoint. Certain "snapshots" felt a bit tacked on. I also think the movie was a bit too long. The last scenes felt really uninsparational. Jackson really lifted this movie.
A great movie in its genre, good music too.
one of the best sports movies i have seen ... next to remember the titians
A made for TV caliber movie.
About as good as MTV movies get. That said, its average.
Nothing new but nothing bad.
I had to watch this one in school too... all the kids loved it. u_u
Coach Carter is a heart of gold sports film that, though good on its own, hardly stands up to other inspirational movies about sports like Remember the Titans, Miracle, or the all powerful The Natural, so it is easily forgotten. Meh!
As this type of film goes this is definitely top of the bunch.
Finally a movie about the inner-city that doesn't portray all of the kids as drug dealing gang bangers. A good story, but better if you like basketball.
Pretty lame.
Suprised how much i enjoyed it. Weak acting from some of the kids, although i think Gonzalez is going to be something as soon as he lands a lead role. At least watch this to see him in what will be referred to later as one of his early roles. Also, addition of Ashanti made me vomit a little in my mouth.
Went in to this expecting the usual hollywood feel-good sports-team crap and ended up being pleasantly suprised.
As a fan of inspiring teacher movies and Samuel L Jackson, it's at least watchable.
Nice one
Ambitious and watchable.
A typical rags to riches american sporting team/struggling black people movie. But still entertaining.
samuel l. jackson is a wonderful actor but this movie is mediocre in every other way possible
Pretty good sports movie. Sam Jackson is the coolest dude in movies today and plays a pretty good tough coach in this movie.
I mean i've seen this movie with every other sport and this one wasn't done so well even though Samuel L kicks ass