Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreTubi TV
Plex
Plex Player

2010
Drama, Sci-fi
In the year 2019, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreTubi TV
The CW
The Roku Channel
Pluto TV
Plex
Plex Player

Take a dash of Good Idea, three slices of Good Actor, and a large saucepan of Fecal Matter. Allow to simmer mildly for 2 hours, and then serve in a knock-off Matrix serving dish. Voila, you have Daybreakers.
Neat idea, superb primary cast with some good camera work. However it all falls utterly and completely flat. I mean, I can't absolutely hate a movie that has the balls to end with a Matrix-lobby-cannibal-vampire-orgy-of-blood but God damn I can't like it either due to just how retarded it is. There's nothing great here.
So I've been criticized for lurking too much and writing too little. Well, I'm back! And I'm pissed off! This movie. This fucking movie. Is in fact. Nowhere near as bad. As certain reviews would have you believe. Sure the plot is dumb, but the setup, the universe. Awesome! Degenerating vampires that explode when poked with a stick?!What? That's below the otherwise award worthy offerings that this genre usually guarantees? Shocked I tell ya! So called mates of mine... who are you assholes?
While some will agree that the ending could have (maybe) been better, Daybreakers brings more life to the vamps on the big screen more than any other has in a long while. Characters aren't all developed to full potential, and there are some small plot holes, but it's well acted and the directing is decent. Absolutely loved the craftsmanship of it all and everything surrounding the actors you see before your eyes. Good visual effects and I'd say it's worth an easy watch.
I can't really see what everyone's complaining about. Sure, the script is a bit on the light side, but the action delivers, there are many great ideas, it looks great every step of the way and the main cast does just fine.

Last modified by:nitkuNitku on 13 Feb 2016