Due Date

Due Date

2010

Rated 31 Jan 2011
Zach Galifianakis plays a fat weird guy that says strange things. Robert Downey Jr. plays suave guy that says sarcastic shit. Hilarity does not ensue.
Rated 08 Mar 2011
'Due Date' faces a whole heap of problems. To start, it's a ripoff of 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles,' and not a good one. Secondly, neither main characters played by Downey and Galifianakis are remotely likable. Downey plays the ultra hard-nosed jerk and Galifiankis recycles his loony 'Hangover' bit. Then the story fails to make sense of the inevitable bond that forms between the two. There are a few laughs to be had, and both actors are 'good' in it, but Due Date ultimately misfires.
Rated 21 Oct 2010
A steady road movie that is often amusing, but seldom laugh-out-loud funny. Galifianakis is one of the funniest people in the business, but the script feels too much like a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ripoff, only with extra violence.
Rated 10 Nov 2010
rza makes things cool. except pro tools. but that's a different story.
Rated 07 Jan 2011
Downey Jr. punches a kid and it is awesome. The movie had some laughs, and I enjoy seeing Galifinakas getting more work, but had a few too many dry spells. It isn't Planes Trains as it obviously aspires to be, but not terrible. Oh, and taking jabs at the routinely unfunny 2 and a Half Men made me smile.
Rated 03 Mar 2011
Due Date is not Hangover 1.5 or compareable to Phillips great Vegas Trip, but the movie has it's moments.
Rated 13 Mar 2011
The reason why I often despise Hollywood fiction!
Rated 29 Oct 2010
There are a couple hilarious moments, but the inconsistencies took away from the enjoyment. For instance, Peter's gigantic mood swings can only be explained by an unmentioned bipolar disorder. Plus, what happened to the the cops, or Foxx's character who said he was going to LA? Bottom line: enjoy the good jokes and ignore the mediocre filler in-between.
Rated 06 Nov 2010
From the genius who brought you Road Trip! Unsurprisingly, the jokes are incredibly juvenile. Masturbating dogs, drugs making people trip out and say random bullshit, abusing annoying children, etc. In other words, it'll appeal to those who liked The Hangover.
Rated 06 Nov 2010
During watching this I couldn't help thinking of its similarity to "Trains, Planes and Automobiles", a movie which this film loses out to in every way. Even so this is by no means bad. The jokes are just funny and often enough to keep you interested, even if a couple of scenes seemed a bit too implausable; in particular the Mexico sequence! Where this movie really falls down is its occasional attempts at emotion, which just don't work. Still, a solid comedy road-trip.
Rated 13 Nov 2010
very few laughs.
Rated 11 Nov 2011
Not really funny
Rated 07 Nov 2011
Due Date had flickering hopes of being the newest Hangover, but something about it just does not work. It could be the entire over dramatization of the Peter Ethan friendship and how it all plays out. It could be that most of the time Peter sounded like a whiny man child who didn't get his own way. In the end Due Date is simply just another movie, with half decently witty dialogue. There is not a lot of redeeming qualities about Due Date.
Rated 10 Dec 2010
You've seen this movie before. Smart-but-Heartless and Sympathetic-but-Stupid go on a road trip... and nothing goes as planned! They lose the car and get in wrecks and do drugs and run from the cops and in the end they kiss and make up. A few sprinklings of hilarity can't save this giant cliche.
Rated 16 Mar 2013
Swietny film, kazda akcja byla zabawna.
Rated 29 Dec 2010
Should of gone darker. That was the best humor it had going for it as otherwise it was just bland and boring. Galifianakis has chronic Cera-syndrome and I'm struggling to even smile at anything he does.
Rated 01 Feb 2011
Garbage disgusting movie with men punching kids and spitting in dogs faces. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!
Rated 22 Dec 2018
DUE DATE is a movie of classical design: take two stars du jour and slap both their names on a poster. Surprisingly, RDJ and Galifianakis have decent chemistry, with the latter proving once again how he can elevate lackluster material. He adds a sorely-needed sense of unpredictability--and a disarming sweetness--to raunchy road trip hijinks that owe a significant debt to the odd couplings of yore.
Rated 02 Feb 2011
This was pretty bad really.
Rated 05 Feb 2011
Waste of time.
Rated 06 Feb 2011
Un fucking watchable.
Rated 08 Feb 2011
Not as memorable as 'The Hangover' but way better than expected, nonetheless
Rated 10 Feb 2011
Meh. Had a laugh or two and that was it. Far from funny. Zach was playing as usual, while Downey was plain boring and unconvincing. Only watch this if you're really desperate.
Rated 26 Feb 2011
Mistakes - In the scene where Peter (Robert Downey, Jr.) is drinking the energy drink in the petrol station, the angle of the bottle changes. From the profile shot, the label can be seen with the brand visible, but cut to the front-view and you can see that the bottle has completely shifted angles.
Rated 10 Apr 2011
It's a very poor man's Planes, Trains and Automobiles as we have a tight ass guy who clashes with a lovable loser who he just so happens to be stuck traveling with. It has some very promising sequences that generally fell flat considering the people involved. As the movie progresses the scenes get more amped up and more implausible. It's not necessarily a big issue with a comedy movie, but when it's supposed to be based in reality it seems too ridiculous at different times.
Rated 15 Apr 2011
It took me a little while to grapple with, to come to terms with, the implications of the world's future that stem from watching this "film." It seems that now goodness is dead. All the great deeds of man have been, in finality, in vain. We have failed to prevent this "film" from being made and a curse is upon us, upon our house, now. Darkness comes to animate life and matter. Why have we done this. What could be the purpose of life. Forsaken now. This is the end, this is the end. Oh--Israel!
Rated 06 Sep 2011
Rated 16 Jun 2011
Most stoner comedies are attacked for being lazy, but this is a comedy that just meanders on to pot for lack of anything better to do.
Rated 18 Jun 2011
bad movie
Rated 05 Nov 2010
Real Weak. A few yucks (seen the previews?), but mostly low brow, sit-com, ultra-contrived humor that was embarrassing at times. By the time they got to the Mexican border, there was nothing left...at all. Worst of it was the massive waste of talent. Downey needs to get another role fast and purge.
Rated 06 Nov 2010
A road movie that quickly runs out of gas. The leads have great potential, but the script lacks ambition and misses every chance to push the comedy to the next level.
Rated 06 Nov 2010
Enough laughs to sit through. I probably would have enjoyed it more if the trailer hadn't been a two-minute highlight reel of all the best jokes.
Rated 20 Nov 2011
Dissapointing. Not a bad movie, but with the likes of Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis, this could have been a lot more entertaining that it was. All the good parts can be seen in the trailer...
Rated 07 Nov 2010
10 out of 10 very funny a great small cast of stars
Rated 09 Nov 2010
Ultimately it stands as one of Todd Phillips' worst, and represents quite possibly the low-point of Zach-G's career. It's a moderately-funny re-package of some "Hangover" principles - ie. Zach-G is basically playing the same character, but with a dog this time. I can't say anything against RDJ's performance, thought he was quite good, if not a little bi-polar. Not to mention, you have intentionally-misleading plot points that are introduced and then abandoned. Jamie Foxx? Totally unnecessary!
Rated 10 Nov 2010
Nothing more than a collection of calamitous events intertwined with some short lived attempts at character development. Galifianakis makes watching it slightly bearable.
Rated 27 May 2024
who spits on a dog's face?
Rated 30 May 2013
On sent une transposition maladroite du concept de Very Bad Trip à un père de famille qui doit retrouver sa femme pour l'accouchement.
Rated 15 Nov 2010
13-11-2010 awkwardly funny now and then
Rated 27 Nov 2010
Nowhere near the hilarity of Phillips' other films, but it delivers its share of laughs. Downey Jr. is spectacular as always, while Galifianakis plays the exact same character he's played in every movie to date.
Rated 29 Nov 2010
Really wanted to like this movie, but unfortunately it was one where all the good moments were in the trailer.
Rated 01 Dec 2010
It takes a sitcom approach to male class differences and flatters the juvenile behavior that's become the favorite, indulged subject of comedians and TV writers.
Rated 22 Aug 2022
This film wants to be 'cray cray' but fails because Downey Jnr. and Galifianakis - who are very capable of playing the 'odd couple' - are given very little to work with by Phillips and company. It does, however, offer some valuable advice: never eat a foot-long corndog on a nude beach.
Rated 29 Apr 2013
It has a few moments (mainly revolving around animal cruelty and Downey Jr's tantrums), but most of the time everything just runs on cruise control.
Rated 05 May 2012
This was good, should have been great due in part to its normally hugely charismatic and funny leads. It's hardly original, Downey Jr. is playing Tony Stark without the suit and Galifianakis is playing Alan, but it definitely has its moments and it's nice to see a modern comedy that isn't completely profanity ridden. Also features the Devil, AKA Two and a Half Men. Update: it's a shot for shot remake of PT&A with minor changes. Soundtrack is still awesome though.
Rated 09 Dec 2010
Got a laugh or two out of it, but very forgettable.
Rated 11 Dec 2010
On paper this could be a good movie. I liked the story, most of the jokes and the 2 protagonists. But alas, on the screen it didn't work out. The chemistry between the main actors wasn't always there, the jokes failed at times to deliver or the jokes just weren't funny (for example the mastrubating). Besides that it just walks down the paths we've been down to many times. It was a shame I only laughed out loud only once (Zack saying goodbye to his dad.)
Rated 11 Dec 2010
Very funny, and at times, very touching. The comedy, while physical and over-the-top, never distracted from the characters and their journey, however far-fetched, was ultimately believable and relatable.
Rated 16 Jul 2021
Talk about a wasted cast.
Rated 15 Apr 2012
This is more or less a remake of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It's both better and worse than I expected. Better than the previews made it out to be, but worse than it should have been considering the RDJ, Galifianakis, and Phillips were at the helm.
Rated 01 Mar 2014
Due Date is a reasonably funny comedy with two diverse and current stars. But overall I found it pretty underwhelming. I've always enjoyed Todd Phillips' films but since the Hangover 2 I've just found that his humour and style is becoming more and more repetitive. And I just felt like I'd seen this film before. Ultimately Downey Jr. is Tony Stark and Galifianakis is Alan. And as funny as the pair are together on screen, we've seen it all before. Some shocking moments but otherwise forgettable.
Rated 27 Dec 2010
An
Rated 03 Jan 2011
Better than I expected, but I didn't expect much. Galifianakis is funny in the spots where you know he had his fingerprint
Rated 05 Jan 2011
It made me laugh quite a few times. The scene with the kid is awesome!
Rated 19 Jan 2013
I love Robert Downey, Jr., so I wanted to love this movie. I understand Zach Galifianakis's character was written to be one of those guys that you try to stay the hell away from at a bar--creepy, annoying, completely oblivious to others' feelings and need for personal space. But it also made me uncomfortable watching the movie. The ending is redeeming, but I wouldn't want to sit through this again.
Rated 12 Mar 2012
Starts out really funny! Loved the scenes in the plane and when Downey jr has to ask for a ride. After that there is a little too much drama and repetative kind of comedy, it seemed all the humor was coming from Galafianakis' character.. but Downey jr can be funny as well!! Very basic story (which is good for a comedy).
Rated 29 Oct 2011
Didn't expect much but this was worse than expected. A poor attempt at a remake of Planes, Trains & Automobiles that tries to cash in on the success of The Hangover. Galifianakis plays the exact same character! & the whole thing with Jamie Foxx seemed a bit pointless & thrown in there to kill time.
Rated 31 Jan 2011
Not very funny, really. But it was ok, well, entertaining in its way. Probably scoring this too high.
Rated 01 Feb 2011
planes, trains & automobiles remake? nice downey performance thou, has some funny moments.
Rated 22 Sep 2013
An unauthorized 'Plains, Trains and Automobiles' remake, who's most interesting feature is Downey Jr. playing a serious character. But as with so many other lazy comedies, the best bits are shown in the trailer.
Rated 23 Oct 2011
This is "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" on steroids.
Rated 04 Feb 2011
Either it attempts too much or too little. I'm not sure which... but whatever it is, it does not work!
Rated 05 Feb 2011
Great leads, decent directing and a horrible script.
Rated 06 Feb 2011
I don't find Galifianakis funny but there was a certain kind of chemistry in between his character and Downey's.
Rated 03 Oct 2018
I honestly truly didn't like this movie.
Rated 07 Feb 2012
Painfully stupid at times but equally hilarious.
Rated 13 Oct 2011
1 extra point for the coffee scene..
Rated 09 Feb 2011
Unfunny.
Rated 11 Feb 2011
I didn't manage to watch it over 20 minutes. Bad, bad, bad humor based to unreal "stretched" situations.
Rated 20 Jul 2018
Pretty entertaining ride even though it's obvious similarities to the Candy-Martin flick of the 80s. The two leads have pretty good chemistry which is essential here and the film moves along at a good pace. Some of the jokes are quite crude, but that is ok with this viewer.
Rated 22 Sep 2012
A pretty funny movie. I think that they were trying to ride the Galifianakis wave from the Hangover with this title. Zach played the same part that he does in the Hangover, he's an inept and gross person that messes everything up that he gets involved in but he is fiercely loyal to his friends, even if he just met them a few hours ago. Downey Jr. played a good straight man to Zach's comedy. A road trip kind of movie that is funny at some parts and tiresome in others. A real hit or miss comedy.
Rated 24 Sep 2011
'Due Date' lives and dies on its performances. No amount of directing or writing could make these two unbearable characters watchable if it weren't for the charisma and screen-presence of Galifianakis and Downey Jr. Sometimes the laughs are a little broad, especially regarding Ethan, but there's a heart to the film that's been key to most of the successful R-rated comedies of late. There's a scene heading into the 3rd act that destroys the grounded tone, but looking past that, it's a fun time.
Rated 27 Feb 2011
What an unlikable 'buddy' comedy. Like trains planes and automobiles minus the humor and likable characters. Even a sad sack galifinakas couldn't save this.
Rated 07 Mar 2011
Was bearable until the scene at the Mexican border. Wtf.
Rated 07 Mar 2011
The first two acts are simply not good, but the third act, almost at the exact moment Jamie Foxx shows up, is great.
Rated 28 Mar 2018
What a pile of shit. The only redeeming quality it has is the Pink Floyd scene, simply due to how unexpected it was. But on second thought Pink Floyd was so out of place in this film, that I wouldn't even count it as a plus anymore. Hey, the music is sublime, don't get me wrong, but it's like having a massive fever and trying to sooth it by eating your favourite meal - just ain't gotta cut it. No chemistry between the leads, horrible jokes and one almost funny 'two and a half men' gag.
Rated 25 Jan 2014
has been done in a sense of planes, trains, and automobiles but is still pretty funny
Rated 19 Mar 2011
I just can't believe how this didn't work: a great pair of actors, a good director... I guess it lacked a consistent script, I don't know, or Todd Phillips was complacent while directing these guys. I don't know. But this is really bad -- despite its great choice of songs.
Rated 27 Mar 2011
The wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be either. It pretty felt like a worse repackaging of The Hangover, it even felt like Zach G. just reprised his role from The Hangover. Downey Jr. did a really good job in this movie, but overall I felt it didn't quite do what it was supposed to. Watch this movie if you just want a few cheap laughs, otherwise stay away.
Rated 28 Mar 2011
A clash of personalities. Zach Galifianakis v.s. Robert Downey Jr., The Wanker v.s. Icy Cool... It's a lot of laughs and a lot of car chases and crashes. I thought the film would be annoying, but they spun the film well: got a lot of laughs without making it too hoaky.
Rated 30 Mar 2011
surprisingly funny with its malicious portrayal of a moron ruining some stiff's life.
Rated 10 Jan 2016
Such an oddball film. I am a sucker for road films, so it gets points for me just for being a road movie. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one of my three favourite comedies, so i should hate this blatant rip off, but i actually don't. Maybe i should consider it a guilty pleasure but i really have fun with this film. The chemistry between the leads is off-beat and all the better for it. It is riddled with cliches and cringe moments, but it wasn't trying to be Saving Private Ryan.
Rated 18 Sep 2012
Just watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles instead.
Rated 28 Feb 2014
Not as entertaining as you'd think
Rated 06 Dec 2011
It had several funny moments, but I was still left wondering if I might have been better off with a couple of extra hours of sleep.
Rated 25 Apr 2011
Not just unfunny, but absurdly so. Did they look at the script and see a comedy of any sort? It even fails as a roadtrip movie, where the leads are literally dimensionless non characters obnoxious and overwhelmed. The adventures of this dull duo include losing credit cards, sleeping in cars and trying to obtain wire transfers. Even as a travelogue there is nothing; nearly the entire film takes place in a dull rental car.
Rated 27 Apr 2011
A roller coaster of good and bad moments. Among the good, the performances of Downey Jr. and Galifianakis in hilarious and memorable scenes (the coffee "daddy"; asleep at the wheel; ride in Mexico, and others) and the awesome soundtrack. Among the bad, the predictability of the story and old jokes about pot. masturbation and ugly dogs.
Rated 06 Nov 2015
funnier than the hangover even if it's basically just the hangover
Rated 16 Sep 2012
Wow, people hated this movie. I deliberately didn't see it because of the awful trailers in 2010, but I saw it on television recently and I thought it was funny. It's Todd Phillips, and as far as Todd Phillips goes it's good. It doesn't necessarily break any new ground, but Robert Downey and Zach Galifanakis are each strong performers to carry the movie. It's funny, what do you want?
Rated 31 Dec 2011
All 30 points stemming from the fact that Robert Downey Jr. spat in that dog's face.
Rated 09 May 2011
while it hardly created a ripple upon release it is nonetheless a respectable comedy. consistent with laughs through out and generally entertaining. if you missed this one keep it in mind, but don't expect a side splitter.
Rated 20 May 2011
Wow, Robert Downey Jr. is perfectly cast. I usually hate watching his movies, because he just oozes arrogance; he seems to think he's really great. This film embraces that aspect of his personality, to good effect. It's a much more violent film than others of the genre... but not as funny as it should have been.
Rated 23 May 2011
Downey sells it--dude's one of my favorite actors--but Galifianakis's character is such a creepy, skeevy, unpleasant little worm, and he never once does anything to redeem himself. He's pretty much just gross throughout, and we're apparently supposed to find him lovable. Also, this thing has at least two high-impact car crashes too many. Come on, guys...
Rated 25 May 2011
Hardly any laugh in this movie, not funny. Expected more from Zach Galifianakis after watching "The Hangover". Robert Downey should act in comedies. Watch something else rather than this
Rated 05 Jun 2015
I like Galifianikis's creepy non-sequitur comedy, though it's not employed here very well, instead relying on ridiculous pratfalls and the cliché of the overzealous bureaucracy for laughs (everything that happens on the plane inspires one long eyeroll). Strangely enough, the moments of drama actually elevated it for me, and I really liked that it subverted all the possibilities for edgy cynicism that it set up (his dad's not really dead, they don't make it in time, the baby is black, etc.)
Rated 17 Aug 2012
"Trains, Planes and Automobiles" with dumber jokes and lacking an emotional core (though not for lack of trying). If they wanted us to sympathise with Ethan, they should have given him at least one redeeming quality.
Rated 15 Dec 2011
Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis make a good offbeat comedy team in this movie. There are also a few good comedy cameos. The script is straight forward with some good laughs.
Rated 25 Jul 2011
müsthecen, komik, yol hikayesi
Rated 01 Aug 2011
Galifianakis and Phillips try to re-capture lightning in a bottle by giving Zach basically the same character and making him do socially awkward and weird things all over again! It's more fun than that sounds, but not by much. While the film is staggeringly unoriginal in its unabashed ripping-off of Planes, Trains & Automobiles, there are a few brilliant sequences keeping it afloat. Phillips again tries to build a movie around unlikeable characters, but this isn't as contemptible as Hangover 2.
Rated 25 Aug 2011
Only funny part of the movie was when they were at Jamie Foxx's house.