2004
Documentary
History
Michael Moore's view on what happened to the United States after September 11; and how the Bush Administration allegedly used the tragic event to push forward its agenda for unjust wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. (imdb)

2004
Documentary
History

I am a liberal but this movie just pisses me off.
Rated 09 Apr 2009
No surprise for me : politics = corruption, everywhere in the world.
Fighting the lies of the Bush administration with lies of his own and thus making him no better than Bush himself. Definitely not a source for factual information which makes this "documentary" completely worthless for anyone who really wants to get anything out of it.
Is it propaganda or is it a stunning expose of the first four years of W's time as President? The fact that we have this debate over the film proves that it IS that compelling. Call him whatever you want, but Michael Moore can throw together a documentary like no one's business.
the left will love it, the right will hate it, the middle will just roll their eyes.
Enjoyable, but it can be manipulative. Don't watch if you cannot digest Moore's politics. It's pretty poor as an attack film on Bush, he could've done a lot more and a fair amount of what's included isn't really interesting. Moore's skills here are quite clear, but the film is flawed.
Manipulative, one-sided, blah blah blah, but in 2004 we were deep in the thick of goose-stepping, Dixie Chicking, with-us-or-against-us, beating-the-drums-of-war, rah rah, god bless George Bush and the Republican Party bullshit, and it was a pretty scary time, so although it would have been easy to dismiss four or even two years later, I admire anyone who stood up against Bush back in '04.
Rated 13 Sep 2007
It's ok, I know it's a documentary and it should just be about facts and information, but bowling for columbine was more entertaining.
Rated 22 Feb 2009
Bullshit about bullshit.
Rated 19 Feb 2010
Moore uses the same logical fallacies and employs the same ignorance that plagues conspiracy theorist propaganda like Loose Change or Zeitgeist. You'd be better off just watching the infinitely more grounded and insightful documentaries by Adam Curtis, like The Power of Nightmares.
Shameless propaganda and manipulation, but really well done.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
if you rated this movie 1 or higher: celsius 411
He sure doesn't play fair at some moments, but it's hard to disagree with what the guy is saying.
Rated 22 Feb 2007
fucking liberal anti-american bastard...filled with too many lies and to much rederict
Rated 26 Jun 2010
Moore is a dick, but a dick that can put together a pretty decent documentary. His ramblings and attacks on the Bush administration get old fast, though.
Rated 12 Feb 2009
I forced myself to watch this since it has such varied press. The lies and half truths told by Moore in this pathetic bush bash made me vomit. do not attempt to watch this without a bath bag
It only gets this good a rating because I at least applaud Michael Moore for trying to get people to think. Aside from that, he's a hack of a film-maker and his agenda is so obvious that any documentarian credibility is shit on.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
This is not a documentary.
Rated 17 May 2008
Michael Moore is a hypocritical fat dunce that should go back to directing music videos for rage against the machine. There is no reason this movie should have ever been released for the big screen, this barely passes for PBS.
Rated 19 Mar 2007
Well done documentary but far too single sided for my liking. Incredibly biased and often hard to take seriously because of that.
Michael Moore is what's wrong with the world.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
While Michael Moore may be the most successful idiot in the film world, the way he presents his documentaries (even without all the facts) can easily sway you to his point of view (that is, until you know all the facts that he failed to make apparent).
Rated 12 Sep 2007
One of a very few movies that I have paid to see in a theatre more than once. The audiences ranged from teenagers to elderly. It prompted spontaneous outbursts from time to time during the movie (Brittney Spears was roundly booed) and both times I saw it in the theatre, there was a standing ovation at the end. I believe history will show this movie to be a lot closer to the truth than the BS put forth by George Bush and his buddies. We'll see.
Rated 22 Feb 2007
Liberal douche director trying to sway the presidential vote. More like Far From Right 9-11.
Rated 28 Jul 2008
I'm kinda sad to say that I stood up and applauded at the end of this in theatres. However, I think Moore made some cogent points amongst his ramblings.
Rated 27 Mar 2008
Not a documentary.
Rated 07 Sep 2007
Michael Moore is an idiot.
Rated 08 Oct 2009
Watching this film requires processing more shit than Mr Moore's toilet.
Rated 27 Jun 2007
Garbage.
Rated 20 Jul 2021
Many saw the footage of Dubya sitting still for 7 minutes in front of schoolchildren after learning of the 9/11 attacks as a great act of journalism. Instead, it illustrates the too often ignored filmmaking skills of Michael Moore as he provides insight into the ineptitude, callousness, and incompetence of a villain. From there, the war's mismanagement comes into focus--wonderfully documented via some heartfelt interviews with young people in Flint, Michigan. A classic time capsule of an era.
The thing is -- I agree with Michael Moore. His politics are my politics. But, overall I hated this movie. It's so freakin' manipulative, it just made me want to walk out. And, I. Agree. With. Him!!!! Arghhh! Frustrating as all hell.
Rated 26 Mar 2007
this movie contains the ravings of a delusional man
Rated 27 Nov 2011
Michael Moore hates George W. Bush. Hates him so much that he hurt what could have been a great movie by going too far in using catty voice-over insults while he could have just let the images speak for themselves. I find most of Michael Moore's movies interesting, and while I often agree with a lot of his political ideas I don't necessarily love how he puts them out there. They seem like they are trying to incite vitriol more than intelligent conversation. It's a shame really.
Rated 13 Jan 2020
Moore has that kind of manipulative style that you can appreciate only if you agree with him.
It's not original like Bowling for Columbine and it's just barking... nothing else. I wish Moore would attack Bush with his mind not with his mouth.
Rated 09 Mar 2008
Manipulative and opprobriously misleading film is nothing except an indulgent conspiracy theory
Rated 23 Apr 2008
Whatever he's saying against the Bushites is alright with me and he does it quite entertainingly, but this AgitProp piece just contains too many half-truths and downright lies to make me consider this a serious, well-made documentary.
Rated 06 Feb 2010
communist fatass
Rated 27 Jul 2009
Michael Moore makes me ashamed to be a liberal.
Why? Truth or fiction have absolutely no bearing on the lack of quality here. An epic story of 'political marketing' which has absolutely no place in the entertainment industry.
Rated 10 Apr 2007
Almost as many lies as the administrtaion! Impressive!
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Urghh.... God fucking damn I hate Michael Moore. Even as someone who would be considered liberal (in the US at least) and left-wing ('liberal' & 'left' - are not the same thing!), this is just pure fucking nonsense. Listening to an idiot like Moore is the most dangerous thing any lefty can do. Base your opinions on this rubbish at your own peril!
Excellent, but not quite as excellent as Bowling for Columbine. Moore wisely keeps himself out of the movie for the most part, though it could have used a little bit more of his humor. It gets bogged down occasionally on tangents. For instance, the bit about the military recruiters is enlightening, but goes on far too long. And a lot of the information could have been summarized much more efficiently. There's plenty of good stuff, though.
Rated 23 Jun 2008
A REAL A$$wipe
Even if I agree with its intent, brainwashing is still brainwashing.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
Politics = snooze
Rated 27 Nov 2006
Moore certainly raises some good points, but his technique is still far too dishonest and manipulative. And unlike Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11 is often boring.
Rated 14 Dec 2011
This is an entertaining thought provoking attack on George W Bush among other things.If you are a fan of Michael Moore then you should check this one out. It is hard to believe that Bush actually got reelected.
I'm very anti-bush, but this "movie" couldn't even keep my eyes open.
This movie is manipulative, and presents things that arn't quite true as if they were through supposition (et cetera). At the same time there is also a lot of factual information, just a little out of context and squewed to fit Moore's adjenda (which is not a value judgment, but an observable fact and independant of your agreement on it). This film is a docudrama, not a documentary (which are impartial). If you don't like GW Bush though, it's good.
Rated 10 Sep 2008
okay movie
Rated 25 Aug 2009
Michael Moore's name is synonymous with demagogy, self-aggrandizement and cheap manipulation at best, conspiracy theorizing at worst. Think a leftist version of FOX News, only worse.
I liked Moore until I saw this ill-informed piece of propaganda. Moore chooses his "facts" and leaves out the truth.
Rated 31 Mar 2009
Michael Moore....He is a terrible man
Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story (I'm not cynical ;-). Michael Moore show a different story than the network news in the states. It's disturbing that common americans can become so isolated in their worldview. I'am very curious how our children will look back at the Bush-era...
Rated 02 Nov 2008
It challenges those who put blind faith into their governments and for that it gets my 80 points. But Michael Moore is a incredibly huge asshole, that aside it works.
Rated 16 Aug 2010
ridiculous polemic
Rated 07 Jan 2017
Tell me all about how bad our country is fat man.
Rated 18 Aug 2008
Michael Moore, on form as usual
Rated 07 Apr 2008
Propaganda at its finest, "Reverend" Moore preached to the choir once again...and we all said "amen". Moore never claimed to be anybody's journalist, and, (therefore), presented things as he saw them. There was certainly a high dosage of bias in the finished product. But what's funny is that most of the footage used for this movie has been proven to have not been taken out of context. Think about it. Don't be dumb this November, as many of you were four years ago!
Mike, your heart's in the right place. Now if you'd only evolve some lungs and get the hell out of that barrel.
Rated 28 Feb 2008
random connections that didn't make sence
Rated 04 Feb 2024
Mean spirited
Rated 24 Feb 2010
Entertaining, educational, and slanted far to the left. Obviously it is very political.
Rated 09 Nov 2010
"Fahrenheit 9/11" drags horribly in its first hour -it reminded me more of a news report than a film. It focuses on Moore's main weakness as a filmmaker, his questionable research (like we need proof that Bush is a moron). However, the second hour is a vast improvement, emphasizing on Moore's trademark irony, humor, cleverness and the occasional (obvious, but effective) emotional manipulation. There is some fascinating footage that makes this terribly biased film compelling and worth-watching.
A 'must see' for anyone who hasn't. And before this adminitration ends in 2009!
Rated 01 Mar 2017
Utter filth. I only gave it a 1 because this movie once held the task of keeping piano level.
Rated 12 Oct 2010
Well, points for the Palme d'Or, points for being brave enough to speak the simple truth in the face of a media propaganda onslaught. However, does not say much that was not widely known or available. More of a limited hang out than a real investigation. Still, good on him.
Rated 26 Jul 2007
Enough to make a halfway decent and a halfway intelligent person vomit in rage.
Rated 13 Jul 2008
Eye-opening and disturbing with some hilarious moments.
Rated 27 Aug 2007
Outstanding evisceration of the Bush family's ties to terrorism and the ineffectiveness of the US government's war on terror. Loses points for some looseness factually and some unneeded bombast.
Rated 21 Feb 2014
One point for each minute I made it into the "documentary". Also, this: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2004/06/unfairenheit_911.html
Thought provoking
Rated 09 Jun 2010
Tempers have cooled and the facts are almost as dubious as the Bush Doctrine itself (ALMOST), but as a piece of propaganda cinema it's astoundingly well-made.
While Moore may not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bush is the horrible man he tries to paint him to be, the fact that he manages to dent the armor so proficiently makes this a success on many fronts.
Rated 22 Jan 2014
Extremely one-sided in its indictment of the Bush administration, but worth watching for the humor and the debates it'll stir.
No one can deny Michael Moore is a gifted documentarian that knows how to entertain his audience. F 9/11 sided to be sure. It does make the audience feel smarter than they really are. However, despite being a political attack againts oo Bushn no one can help but recognize the unversaility of this movie.
Love it -- wish it wasn't soooo liberal and sarcastic. There are some critical points made, as far as I'm concerned.
Rated 21 Apr 2007
South Park does this much better without the two faced attitude of trying to do a serious documentary when it's just slander. Watch Hijacking Catastrophe instead.
Rated 17 May 2008
javascript:submitRanking('1027','6','14365') Submit
Rated 19 Jan 2010
The failings of Bush/the WOT doesn't give Moore carte blanche to distort facts and confuse the issue with accusations that lead nowhere. Presenting pre-invasion Iraq as he does discredited him among a lot of people, and is emblematic of the frustration I feel at Moore for fumbling the criticisms that needed so badly to be made at the time.
Rated 09 Jan 2014
decent documentary on the lead up to and early goings of the Iraq War, Fahrenheit 9/11 is not as good as Moore's previous documentary Bowling for Columbine but it's very good just not great.
Rated 29 Dec 2009
Not horrible, but I enjoyed his others a bit more.
Rated 08 Oct 2010
Highly manipulative, lacking in back-up details and finalities, very tenuous in favour of Moore's own leftist, tin-foil-hat politics, not to mention just so cold and distant. Thankfully this gets a little better later on and some of the scenes in the second half are provoking, yet inconsistent.
Just another average documentary. Watching this, you know you have to take a Moore film with a grain of salt, but it does manage to ask a few important questions about the day in question.
Rated 02 Aug 2014
Regardless of how Moore fudges the facts (I have yet to do any research), he is undoubtedly a genius filmmaker, especially when it comes to establishing a point of view and developing an argument that is always compelling, if not always inwardly truthful.
Although its heart is in the right place, this scathing attack on the Republican agenda feels totally impartial and drags a little. But that's just Moore's style.
Rated 25 Sep 2010
I could care less what Moore's politics are. He makes entertaining documentaries, and is very adept at absurdist humor mixed in with his central themes.
Rated 30 Aug 2007
Michael Moore is convincing when taken at face value, but once you dig deeper he becomes sneaky and misrepresents most of the people on camera.
Rated 23 Jun 2008
interesting but stupidly sentimental
Rated 20 Jul 2009
What saddens me most about Moore is the incredible amount of foresight the guy has. He hits the nail on the head so many times with this movie (and his others), but he achieves is by completely distorting facts. While I may agree with his views on a lot of what happened, I can't endorse the method which is really no better than the people he's going after. I don't feel that Moore had any obligation to "present both sides," rather, to present his honestly. He doesn't do that.
This movie only brings down the American moral during a time of turmoil. The facts presented are misleading. Even if you don't believe in what is happening you should not be able to profit from the misinterpretation of the facts or you bias opinion that degrades the President of the United States. I don't have a problem with him being outspoken but profiting off it.
Rated 03 Jan 2008
Moore is always fun (for me) but this does start to feel a tad suffocating. Too many tantrums and tangents that could have been cut and made room for more interesting and revealing information, that could have been just as scathing but without the cries of "bias". Yet, the way he handled the actual 9/11 incident was tasteful yet stirring.
A lot more factual and focused that Columbine, but just isn't as entertaining. A must watch, whether you buy him or not.
Rated 15 Jul 2009
Accuracy issues aside, the stuff that IS true is damning enough.
Okay, here's the thing; I am a progressive/liberal, and I completely support this documentary being viewed, but I do not support Moore's judgement of what information he would use. I applaude the use of facts, but not the process of choosing some and avoiding others just to make a point. When you do that you simply come off as exaggerated, and that's exactly what this documentary is, an exaggeration.
Rated 25 May 2009
Didn't go far enough
Proves two wrong's don't make a right.
Rated 28 Jul 2008
There are good parts, there are bad parts, there are some exaggerated scenes with Moore shows -- pretty blatantly I might add -- his agenda, there are some scenes where he's right on. I don't disagree with Moore on the points he makes a fair amount of the time, but I'm not also in tune with the ways he goes about expressing them. But this is also entertaining, despite the sometimes awful, maddening, cringe-inducing scenes.