Fast & Furious 6
Fast-Furious-6

Fast & Furious 6

2013
Suspense/Thriller, Crime
Agent Hobbs enlists the aid of Dom and team to help bring a rival gang, led by Owen Shaw, to justice. In exchange for clear records, they must put an end to their schemes, no matter how personal the cost. (imdb)

You guys are idiots. Fast 6 is a work of absolute genius, and I say that without any sense of irony. Simultaneously taking its previous installments seriously whilst keeping its humorous tone, the picture serves as a vehicle (heh) for some of the most inspired set pieces in all of cinema. To call this "mindless" is a disservice to the brilliant minds who've created some of the most exciting action in years... in a franchise originally about street racing, of all places.
Oh, you thought the last one was ridiculous? The length of that runway doesn't even begin to describe how mindless the action is. If you didn't enjoy F5, this definitely won't appeal to you. The series is now a mindless action franchise with just small hints of street racing in there, and I'm fine with that. A lot of plot points are pretty stupid, but it's got some humor and superb stunts to keep one entertained and invested. It's not great, but I did throughly enjoy myself.
I hope this franchise never ends. Statham in the next one is gonna be fantastic
Left me somewhat looking forward to a follow-up, if only to witness The Rock's pumped up body explode and eradicate all human and plant life within a 5-mile radius. *awkward silence, crickets chirping* Ooh please, as if this one is grounded in reality.
The action scenes were expertly staged, and the film had a lot of little touches that let you know that despite being 6 films into the franchise, they still care. The villain left a bit to be desired but the epilogue almost makes up for it.

Submitted bytoro913toro913 on 16 May 2013