2009
As he is released from prison, Brian O'Conner teams up with Dominic Toretto work with the feds to bring down a heroin importer by infiltrating his operation.

2009

Rated 30 May 2010
Somewhere between the first F&F and this sequel Vin Diesel gained superhuman powers. He is able to hold 600 lb engine blocks aloft with one arm and can toss men around like ragdolls. He also seems to be relatively impervious to bullets. Superman (Diesel) and pal Jimmy Olsen (Paul Walker) team up to fight an evil hispanic cartel led by a bald mexican lex luthor. Of course the only way for them to achieve this task is with street racing vehicles that can bend space, time, and physics.
Rated 04 Apr 2009
It's fast & furious and I suppose it was cool to see Vin Diesel again, but it's profoundly shallow and predictable even by dumb action standards. Despite sharing a director it lacked the self-aware kitsch and gorgeous nighttime city photography of Tokyo Drift, the series' best installment. I should note though that at the end of my screening the audience fucking BURST INTO APPLAUSE, so let it not be said there isn't a place for braindead action.
Rated 30 Apr 2009
What a miserable film. I'm convinced that Paul Walker is the worst actor ever officially - he has no range, no comedic chops, no timing, nothing. The dialogue was seriously some of the worst ever, I'm "furious" and pretty embarrassed for whoever wrote this. Also, that CGI in the tunnel was ridiculously bad. It's 2009 idiots, learn how to render a scene. And this review wouldn't be complete without the mention of product placement: corona, energy drinks, etc. Sad.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
So laughably bad. I felt stupider with every minute that went by.
Rated 21 Aug 2019
This was the one I somehow missed years ago. I've been watching them chronologically and I can see how some would like this and how some could hate it. I thought it was nice to have the original leads back together again. This film is slightly ridiculous, but that's fully embraced in F5 thankfully. The story itself is just okay, but the actual action and driving is all top notch. This is where the series started to gain more momentum. Overall, I found it to be decent.
Rated 04 Apr 2009
Sorry. I don't see the whole reason why there needed to be another installement. They frustrated and drove me to exasperation enough with the third and second. Sure the cars are cool: We get it already! If they make the fifth I'm going to me at the moment where I would pleasure shooting everybody associated and part of this entire series, especially Diesel himself. He can't even pull off any fancy and snappy one-liners!
Rated 11 Apr 2009
Man i havent seen a man get a bullet to the back and not show any feeling about it scense the terminator. Vindiesel is a real bad ass and frankly thats pretty sweet. Now the other 3 were nothing to give an oscar to but atleast they were pretty sweet. This was just complete garbage, the cars are pretty sweet and i like the public race but just a tad too cheesy one liners and too mushy.
Rated 16 Apr 2009
Very entertaining. First is still the best , but this is definately better then the 3th one. The action and races with zoom ins on the speed meters and gas pedals get the adrenaline pumping. Everything you can expect from a Fast & Furious instalment , so don't watch it for the plotline. But found it entertaining enough , so no wasted money in my opnion.
Rated 17 Dec 2020
Unfortunately, this is caught in-between its car race roots and the action series it would become. The cars have started to look better, as they no longer have the ugly decals of the originals. The film also drops "the" from the title, because it is too fast and too furious to spend its time on useless words.
Rated 27 Apr 2015
Original cast is back in what seems much more of a reboot than another sequel. Takes the melodrama and mild stupidity of the original and adds a bigger budget.
Rated 12 Jun 2009
Well it's certainly better than the two previous sequences and the car racing sequences are intense, though completely over-the-top. Still it can't escape the fact it's a dumb, mindless movie. There are a few good scenes though, so that manages to drag it up from being "terrible" to just being bad. Give this one a miss unless you love the "The Fast & the Furious" franchise (God knows why you would though).
Rated 21 Jul 2009
I saw this against my will--it was awful, but the audience kind of made up for that. I was apparently in a theater full of the Fast and the Furious fan club, as nearly every single line or action ended up causing howls and cheers. So comical it managed to offset the terribleness of this crap.
Rated 15 May 2011
The opening action scene was pretty cool. Other than that, this is completely forgettable. In fact, upon a rewatch, it took me incredibly long to realize that I had, actually, seen it before!
Rated 11 Apr 2017
The fourth movie in the "The Fast and the Furious" series is the dark recon/reboot sequel. The producers sped back to Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's "star" power so fast the film blew the "The"s off its title. The two stars return again to opposite sides of the law, but now forced to team up with each other. One out for vengeance and the other out for justice, but can our heroes use their video game CGI street racing powers to save the day? Of course they can. A musky 2 cans of Axe Body SprayTM"
Rated 15 Nov 2011
I was wondering why the sequel to The Fast And The Furious 3 wasn't The Fast And The Furious 4 but just Fast And Furious. Turns out, the producers can't really count to more than 3. As proven by the fact that the four lead actors get whittled down to three within about 30 seconds.
Rated 28 Nov 2012
Fast & Furious is the third film chronologically, and the fourth installment released in The Fast and the Furious franchise. Is it particularly good? Not any more than the first film, but it feels like a return to form -- if you can call it that. It's like the first film in terms of pretty much everything but fine elements of the plot, and that it uses guns far more frequently. It tries for a bit of character depth, the chases are as thrilling as they've ever been, and I mostly enjoying myself.
Rated 05 Apr 2009
Very pleasantly surprised. Despite the absence of some key characters, this film felt like the first true sequel to the original. The plot actually had some depth, and made for a fun and intriguing watch.
Rated 12 Apr 2009
Racist, Sexist and Just Plain Boring.
Rated 14 Apr 2009
CGI-enhanced car racing, some pointless faux-lesbian kissing and a plot with holes so big the truck from the intro - four trailers full of gasoline and all - could slide through sideways.
Rated 14 Apr 2009
Cheesy, childish but still kinda fun. Nice wheels as usual.
Rated 15 Apr 2009
Nice car chases, stunts Nice eye candy - Special effects were fake looking - Dialogue terrible, same w/ acting
Rated 18 Apr 2009
When I first heard there would be another film I thought: Did we really need another one? (remember the 3th) But now I've seen him.. This really is a good movie. It really is. The opening scene is a bit too much, and the scene where he takes a bullet in the shoulder is terminatorish, but everything else is very well done, and it actually has a real, decent story in it with some good twists. Really nice one.
Rated 09 Mar 2016
Bringing back the characters from the first movie (well, somewhat) was a good move - it's not a good movie but at least it's a fair bit more entertaining than the first two sequels.
Rated 19 Apr 2009
An adequate action movie with the right amount of ridiculosity. The opening sequence is the high point.
Rated 19 Apr 2009
This movie makes me hate myself.
Rated 31 Dec 2014
I loved this movie. I really thought that the casting choices were spot on. This movie is awesome. It's pretty sad that Paul Walker is dead though.
Rated 25 May 2009
Charming Vin Diesel beside the cars makes all the difference.
Rated 03 Jun 2009
Cool cars and hot chicks, but that's not why it gets a good rating from me. The plot, the action, and a great ending.
Rated 10 Jun 2009
A lot of fun but not a great movie.
Rated 06 May 2020
Largely dull series entry feels like the "chrysalis" chapter as the films move on from rev-head fantasies to more generic action - oscillates between car action and a neutered LETHAL WEAPON, not helped by forced and unconvincing bro-chemistry from Diesel and Walker (with Diesel's brooding especially becoming very monotonous at times). Has enough thrills and excitement to be at least watchable.
Rated 24 Jul 2009
F&F always entertaining to watch.
Rated 26 Jul 2009
Just for the fans.
Rated 17 Aug 2009
delivered what I expected
Rated 28 Aug 2009
way better than expected, specially the soundtrack was nice and some of the cars ... :O vin diesel is as badass as can be, the story and paul walker suck though
Rated 30 Aug 2009
Guilty - and wildly inexplicable - pleasure. It is cinematic nothingness, with absolutely nothing memorable about it. Which is impressive in its own right.
Rated 06 Sep 2009
More of the same in this film. Not as bad as others in the series, but still not great. Enjoyable if you're into cars and chase/race scenes.
Rated 06 Sep 2009
Even for an action flick it was unbelievably horrible. The story is ridiculous, the dialogs make you want to hurt yourself, and most of the action sequences are so obviously CG that even they become boring. At least they have a few more really nice cars in there, and I don't mean the souped-up Japanese compacts...
Rated 13 Sep 2009
not that solid
Rated 17 Oct 2009
Not very fast and certainly not furious. CGI carchases through dark tunnels? Really? Add 50 points if you're watching it with the Rifftrax.
Rated 29 Oct 2009
After so much hype I thought it would be better.... Ok this is alot better than the other sequels but it is still weak compared to the first. Reuniting some original cast (Michelle Rodriguez is in it of about 10 mins). This sees Dom & Brian having to team up against a heroin importer. The plot is rather lame but these films have never been about the story or characters but about the cars. Unfortunally the director seemed to forget that but this does have some great car chases and action scenes
Rated 13 Apr 2010
Lots of tits, arse and fast cars. They didn't have any room left for anything else, though?
Rated 28 May 2010
JUSTIN LIN WILL NEVER TRUMP TOKYO DRIFT
Rated 05 Jun 2010
car go fast hurrr *drools a little*
Rated 14 Jul 2010
Far too serious -- Vin and Paul are back, but we really miss Tyrese and Ludacris -- with such an over-the-top plot -- basically Dom and Brian trying to take down a Mexican drug lord that might have been involved in Letty's death -- and arguably not the most inspired regarding action set-pieces -- climax in that tunnel on the Mexican border really sucks. Franchise would get immensely more fun in the next few chapters.
Rated 24 Dec 2010
Director Justin Lin doesn't have the love of design that made the 2001 The Fast and the Furious a deliriously beautiful noir.
Rated 06 Oct 2015
In the same mood as the previous ones, maybe the last movie with tuned cars... still ok..
Rated 22 Aug 2014
Did I watch parts 1 to 3 before? No. Did I miss those? No. Is this due to the genius of the director or because this movie is shallow, outrageously stupid and boring? Dunno - I fell asleep somwhere during what should've been the climax of the story. Or at least I guess it was, but it was quite hard to tell judging from the actors' masterful facial expressions or the witty and enticing dialogues. But what can be expected from a sequel that's called exactly like the first part minus 2 x "the"...?
Rated 28 Apr 2011
The plot isn't terrible, but it's also not as good as the original (although it's much better than the second.) Gotta admit, the driving scenes in the tunnel were pretty sweet.
Rated 14 May 2011
A few good action scenes and preciously little else.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
It's not without its pleasures, however guilty they may be. But it's empty. The race sequences are so poorly animated (especially the "tunnel" bits), I want to liken it them to watching someone play video games. Sadly, most video games look better than this. The action is completely ridiculous, but unlike the hilariously funny follow-up, this installment lacks the 80's-style knowingly cheese elements of Fast Five. It's entirely too serious and never deserves to be taken seriously. Oh well.
Rated 28 Jun 2014
This series, and this instalment, possess one very unusual characteristic: in almost all mainstream generic Hollywood movies, to be a cop or a criminal is to have one's identity defined, even if the character is a "bad" cop or a "good" criminal, but here, these designations really are treated as utterly inessential, and the law is portrayed as neither good nor bad but as a mostly stupid and merely annoying contrivance. Women appear almost exclusively for decorative purposes.
Rated 25 Sep 2011
I'm down for this, especially a chase through the desert that tips its hat to Mad Max. The chase through the tunnels has the explosive charge and choreography of an 80s movie, and when Diesel breaks off his door to jump into and hijack another dude's car, smashing the guy's head into the window I knew I couldn't deny there's fun to be had with this movie
Rated 20 Nov 2011
The one that brought the franchise back on its feet after the terrible Tokyo Drift. Entertaining and forgettable.
Rated 03 Jan 2012
These movies are so stupid and I love them.
Rated 14 Aug 2018
This is where the franchise started to catch fire a bit. This one seems to get left out among Furious fans, as it always kinda has the bridge feeling to Fast Five where the franchise really took off. However Walker and Diesel are back again, and they're just as great. The plot actually is pretty cool, and I think the antagonist was pretty decent. The cars and action are what you expect, and overall is pretty damn good, especially as a return to the roots for the franchise.
Rated 10 Feb 2012
Exactly what I expected. The action, aside from the opening sequence, was not very good. The opening sequence was pretty cool though. It was also 100% serious, which was kind of annoying. Not a single attempt at a joke to lighten the mood. It wasn't terrible for an action movie, but I'm not really a fan of the genre. The plot is so generic, I doubt I will remember it in a few days. Get revenge, stop the drug trafficking, destroy a bunch of shit, and do it all with your car.
Rated 13 Jan 2019
Same as the previous. Pretty awesome action, stunts and chases make up for another semi-lame story. And I still like the characters. *Recommendable
Rated 21 Aug 2012
Fun film, but nothing to freak out about either way.
Rated 18 Mar 2013
Kind of like a puddle. Shallow and maybe you feel dirty afterwards, but it can be really fun while it lasts.
Rated 29 Mar 2013
It's not incredibly deep, but it is pretty damn fun, though nothing really matches the opening truck heist. And Paul Walker finally does some acting! Our little dudebro is all grown up.
Rated 27 May 2013
Fast & Furious is the fourth film in the series and it marked the return of the original cast. Vin Diesel adds the star quality the previous two films lacked and both he and Paul Walker carry the film well. Initially I thought this was a desperate and pointless attempt to salvage a washed up franchise. And although this film could have been much better, Justin Lin has surprisingly resurrected the series and it has spawned superior sequels since. And now the F&F films are better than ever.
Rated 02 Jun 2013
This is where the series starts (somewhat awkwardly) tying together the disparate threads created from the original 3 movies. And it is very awkward at times - we have the familiar interplay of Diesel and Walker, and a more personal plotline, more Sung Kang (always good) and a bit more in the way of intense and unrealistic action - the opening heist being a particular highlight. But it's a bit too serious, a bit too dark, and feels very transitional - as if more was saved for a later film.
Rated 17 Aug 2015
It's the fourth lap of the Hollywood action franchise and the car chases have all blurred into one. We have chases over the mountains and across the desert; through the streets of LA and into a Mexican tunnel on the verge of collapse. Justin Lin's blockbuster is Fast in that it moves at a terrific clip. But it is Furious only in the sense that it seems confused and irritable. Those handbrake turns send it round and round in circles.
Rated 15 May 2022
Whether it's the higher budget or simply the decision to use a more serious tone, a score, likable leads... Fast & Furious works well as both a soft reboot & a sequel to the (somewhat respectable) 1st film without retconning everything Terminator-style. Lin's direction is an step-up on Tokyo Drift, with this entry feeling like a modern blockbuster. There are still plenty of flaws & contrivances, but the 1st street race is the best in the franchise, in a film that is entertaining throughout.
Rated 12 Aug 2013
So the fourth movie brings back everyone from the first, and hopefullly it pays off (also whoever decided that removing 'the' from the title was enough to distinguish itself, was an idiot). So with this sequel....I just didn't care. The plot is thin, the acting is pretty horrible and the car scenes are OK but they've been better. "Give me a name" 'I'm not telling you anything.' "Tell ME!" 'OK this is who you want'........really? That might have been the most excruciating interrogation ever.
Rated 09 Nov 2013
These movies aren't really for me (I don't know why I keep watching them), but I found this enjoyable enough in terms of action. It has a few nice set pieces and the typical dooktastic dialogue. I don't know...it's fine. You already know if you will like these movies by now anyway.
Rated 23 Jan 2019
Paul Walker still sucks but who cares when Diesel is there to fuel every scene :)
Rated 04 Apr 2009
There's not a lot of reason for this reboot/sequel to exist, but the movie delivers some explosive entertainment regardless. Forget the plot - it's a giant jar of nonsensical plot threads stringing together some gloriously implausible action sequences along with Vin Diesel's attitude. Lots of kinetic violence, fast cars, guns, revenge, brawn and an icing of stupidity have this installment soaring in beyond-brainless spectacle. Every line of dialogue is pure cheese, enjoy.
Rated 16 Apr 2009
Why did they need to make another one?
Rated 17 Apr 2009
is the same crap of the other two films, and therefore is reggeaton on the movie, the only thing i like of the film was the girls.....
Rated 25 Apr 2009
The story line is a quite typical cop and bad guy revenge story. But the camera work maybe the best I've ever seen in my life. There's no real cons, and this one major pro is enough to make it stand out so far I say go watch the film!
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Worst of the franchise, i dont expect plot or character development but i DEMAND hot cars and chicks - Fails to deliver on all accounts plus the Cave scene from Mexico / USA, one of the lamest CGI scenes I have seen.
Rated 16 Mar 2022
The poorly titled Fast & Furious is an overly serious entry in a franchise that lives off camp and excess. This fourth entry's greatest benefits are brining Vin and Paul back, and setting up the story for what would be a stunning continuation.
Rated 19 Feb 2016
Yes, there are nice cars in this film, but a terrible plot combines with awful acting (particularly from Diesel) to produce a substandard turd
Rated 16 May 2009
Diesel will definitely draw his fans in, but in the end there's not much else but a bunch of sweet cars, flashy driving, fiery crashes, and all other manner of things blowing up real good.
Rated 21 May 2009
How much money did this . . . movie . . . make?! Can't wait for "5Fast 5Furious" next year.
Rated 24 May 2009
I had the best sleep during this movie evah!
Rated 29 Jun 2021
One instance of the awfully rendered tunnels was enough. To hold the climax in their weirdly lit, cartoonish depths was a huge mistake. The rest of the racing, from the opening gas heist, is slick and stylish. The story is forgettable, especially since its impetus, Michelle Rodriguez just . . . dying off screen, I guess?, never really had an impact.
Rated 18 Oct 2017
Dumb as shit, but entertaining.
Rated 16 Jun 2009
Even the title is profoundly unoriginal. Avoid.
Rated 22 Jun 2009
Oh, please!
Rated 17 Jul 2009
Decent MTV action that felt like a remake of the first movie.
Rated 05 Aug 2009
The Fast & Furious movies don't aspire to being more than car chase films and the 09 entry doesn't break the mold. But the tension and suspense that makes for a good car chase isn't to be had here since Vin Diesel simply breaks the laws of physics at convenience while the bland and non threatening antagonists can only look on. But Diesel is at his sociopathic best, even while everyone else seems content to phone it in, knowing that it ultimately doesn't matter.
Rated 05 Aug 2009
50 for Vin Diesel - 10 for the movie :P
Rated 12 Aug 2009
50 para os carros e 5 para as cenas de ação. Já roteiro, direção e atuação ficam com 0 mesmo...
Rated 28 Apr 2020
It's more technically competent than the last couple movies, but the plot is kind of a retreaded mashup of the first couple. Particularly the "unlikely partners forced to work undercover for crime lord" aspect. The big difference over the second movie is that these two characters actually work well together.
Rated 06 Oct 2009
Gal Gadot is a real contender for the most beautiful woman on the planet. This movie, however, is ugly as hell. At least the chicks were hot and the street race scene was moderately fun in a retarded way. All the important stuff was worthless though. The CGI cars were especially horrendous.
Rated 17 Jan 2016
The worst one.
Rated 03 Dec 2014
This sees the return of the original gang, but it also again tries to do what this series doesn't excel at; infusing some dramatic tension and character developments into it. The whole plot of Paul Walker upending his whole career for the apparent charisma of Vin Diesel is as unconvincing as it was in the first film. Still there is enough to enjoy f.e. the very enjoyable opening heist. The inspired musical choice Lin made before are swapped for a standard bombastic blockbuster score.
Rated 19 Nov 2009
Well, at least it's better than Tokyo Drift.
Rated 16 Dec 2009
I can't even tell you why I decided to watch this movie.
Rated 16 Feb 2010
If it hadn't been for Michelle Rodriguez looking so hot in this movie, I would have given it a zero!
Rated 27 Jan 2020
68.5
Rated 26 Sep 2017
4/11
Rated 02 Dec 2010
"Removing the "the" from its predecessors' title not once but twice, Fast & Furious's abbreviated moniker harkens back to the series's 2001 original while simultaneously expressing a tough curtness that marks it as its own model." - Nick Schager
Rated 17 Jul 2024
Almost as bad as the original, but it has a semblance of a plot here and there, so it gets a slightly higher rating. It has just as many plot holes though so this remains a rather bad film with weak writing.
Rated 23 Apr 2017
cooltruckheistneardeathexplode+hangotokyo+Dsneaksawayinnightfromgf+Bcop+Dgfmurdered+bothfuneral-Dhidecops+Dcrashsite+Bwarnsis-suddenlyucare+DhitBtowinrace+DturnsdownGal+Dfindskiller-explodecar+getaway+DfindsgfsecretcopphonetoBbeatsupB+shewastrynaclearyournamesoyoucouldcomehome+meetbraga-fakebutcopscame+realisotherguywholetime+Bbangsis+letbragalive+tunnel+Dkillkillerwithcar-pussy+Dstilljailbutheyheisttruck
Rated 05 May 2011
Rated 09 Sep 2011
Lin's direction continues to serve the series well, but the return of stale characters and one of the weakest last acts in the series weigh the movie down.
Rated 23 Jul 2013