Fat Man and Little Boy
Fat-Man-and-Little-Boy

Fat Man and Little Boy

1989
Drama, War
This film reenacts the Manhattan Project, the secret wartime project in New Mexico where the first atomic bombs were designed and built. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreKanopy

I did not know what to expect before I watched this film. It has a nice ensemble cast with several fine performances. This is a nice subtle drama with only a few slow spots. I recommend this drama
Alonso Duralde, one of my favorite film critics, often asks about a movie, "Was it great or were you eight?" This one falls into the latter camp for me. As a tween, I liked the historical recreations and simple debate on the usage of the bomb. But as an adult, I see it's a soap opera--set on a military base instead of a cosmetic company. It's bogged down with a silly love story, a lack of action, and a Paul Newman role that doesn't work. Avoid. Even for high school history teachers.
the acting is great, but it should have focused more on several aspects like other key scientists, but most importantly it shows a lie about how much oppenheimer supported this nstead of the truth. my biggest criticism is, i did not hear the final phrase"i am become death"

Submitted bywinbranwinbran on 01 Apr 2006