Fear
Fear-1996

Fear

1996
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
A 16 year old girl takes up with a charming young man who quickly shows his colors when he beats a friend simply for walking with her and then goes totally ballistic after she tries to break up with him. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVStarz Apple TV ChannelGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store
Tubi TV

Moment of silence for all the theme park employees hosing down rollercoaster seats in the summer of ‘96
I stole someone else's invite to the Melbourne launch of FEAR at the Hard Rock Cafe and got very drunk on free booze while using a different name and job to introduce myself to everyone I met, including a young Reese Witherspoon. I asked her what she thought of the truly awful, properly patriarchal gender politics of the movie. She said at this point in her career she felt she had to take any role this big, but yes the way the family is violently reunified against the threatening boy was bad.
Shocking how little people talk about this movie given the cast involved. So good! Walhberg, Witherspoon and Milano all looking hot. amy brenneman playing a step mom all Milf’d up. Full of these just insane dolly zooms and close ups while the sound gets blown out. The ending sequences even if you know how these movies play out is still very stressful. Lots of weird psychosexual stuff between a father and daughter and her virginity. Long live the wooden coaster at the PNE
Sure Witherspoon is attracted to Marky Mark, but who thought there was nothing wrong with Alyssa Milano going for a 40 year old fat guy who always looks sweaty.
I mean it's not the worst movie ever made. I truthfully miss this type of 90s, straight forward thriller where a psycho enters the lives of a normal person (see: Single White Female, Fatal Attraction, The Temp). Mark Wahlberg still has his Boston accent in this movie, and I love that. Reese is always easy to watch, and Alyssa Milano is actually impressive, especially when she screams to Reese, "You're my only friend!"

Submitted byenginengin on 03 Apr 2006