2005
Flying at 40,000 feet in a cavernous, state-of-art 474 aircraft, Kyle Pratt (Foster) faces every mothers' worst nightmare when her six year-old daughter vanishes without a trace mid-flight from Berlin to New York. (Touchstone Pictures)

2005

Rated 01 Dec 2013
Sean Bean survives?! What nonsense is this!?!
Rated 13 Jan 2007
Someone get Jodie Foster a child leash.
Rated 09 Feb 2012
The first hour and ten minutes are really excellent filmmaking. Gorgeous cinematography and excellent intensity. But toward the end the writing just falls apart. Why the hell is the FBI involved in a crime that took place on a flight to Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada? And then there are everyone else's reactions to the situation which are at the end totally unbelievable. So it's a mixed bag. Worth watching but nowhere near as good as Panic Room.
Rated 01 Aug 2007
On the surface Flightplan appears to be a decently constructed clostrophobic thriller in the line of Hitchcock, but it soon shows itself to have little enjoyment past the interest attained from the ridiculous plotline. For a while it is interesting while you're trying to work out what is going on behind all the smooth characters, one is obviously deeply involved underneath his false facade put on for passengers and crew. However there are multiple plotholes and the revelation comes too early.
Rated 10 Mar 2014
I like this patently-ridiculous thriller more than I should, even second time around. (Though to be fair, it had been seven years, and I'd forgotten every last twist and turn in the intervening period, somehow.) The thrills are solid and I was consistently enthralled; Sarsgaard makes for a great counterpart to Foster.
Rated 13 Feb 2015
Bunny Lake is Flying.
Well directed. Unfortunately, during the second half, plot degenerates into absolute mess.
Rated 07 Aug 2007
Damn this was lame. Like everyone said, the plot is just way of and far fetched. Too many holes and at the end just totaly unbelievable. ... And the way that child is portrayed sucks, no one is that cute and that innocent. Bad direction on that point. ... But yeah just in general a bad thriller. The only thing that makes it worthy of these points, is the fact that it's able (atleast the first 40min) to make you wonder what the hell is going on.
Rated 11 Mar 2013
Hey, another attempt at pulling a modern day Hitchcock, very The Lady Vanishes-esque of them. Except it's a little kid and everyone fears that sort of thing happening, especially Jodie Foster's jaw, as it now has to remain clenched for 80min. And we're just rollicking along, MacGuffin's ahoy at 40,000ft and OH NO what's this? Urghhhh, sludge, slimy slimy black sludge, big fat bubbling plot holes, they're like sinking sand, OH HELP I'm sinking, big sinky plot holes, HELP ARGHHHBLLLRRR-*blop*
Rated 19 Nov 2007
scary how no-one believes you suddenly.
Rated 08 Apr 2008
Did she check the overhead luggage compartment? I would have checked the overhead luggage compartment.
Rated 26 Jul 2008
Entertaining and well shot, but very, very silly.
Rated 26 Feb 2009
Do you remember that "Simpsons Did It" episode of South Park? OK. Hitchcock did it.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
An okay watch I guess, but the plot is hugely flawed, and the terrible last 20 minutes destoy an chance of repectability this movie had.
Rated 01 Dec 2006
One of the most stupid plots ever.
At times it shows promise as a decent thriller and you keep hoping that the payoff will explain the parts that don't make sense. It doesn't, though, and that undermines the whole movie. But it is a kind of fun, if ultimately disappointing, ride.
Rated 28 Dec 2006
not the worst thing i've ever seen. though if i ever hear jodie foster say the name "julia" again ice picks will go through my eyes. seriously.
Rated 13 Jan 2007
It's a good movie if you feel like turning your brain off for a while. But I was just bugged by the fact that the "twists" in the story were nothing more than an overuse of red herrings, some weird psychological trauma that didn't go anywhere, and a completely unnecessary explosion at the end.
Rated 22 Feb 2007
Not bad.
Rated 17 May 2014
I won't give away the is-she-or-isn't-she-losing-it conceit. And I'll resist the temptation to expose a rather gaping hole in the plot's foundation. (The screenwriters labored to cover their tracks, but there's a huge head-scratcher in hindsight.) The fact is, Flightplan is a wild, escapist ride that challenges all sorts of assumptions and gives us the most tenaciously maternal character since Lt. Ripley protected Newt from slithery, slimy Aliens. (pluggedin.com)
Rated 22 Nov 2010
"How unfortunate that this thriller at 40,000 feet comes so soon after the release of Red Eye, which had the decency of wrapping itself up with relative expediency." - Jeremiah Kipp
Rated 17 Apr 2007
Cool idea, but somewhat flawed execution. I had pretty much lost interest by the end.
Rated 15 Jun 2007
What the fuck!? That is all I can say about this movie.
Rated 23 Jun 2007
Tries to be Hitchcock, and sometimes it even suceeds, but only barely.
Rated 28 Jun 2007
Jodie Foster is good. The movie was fine for what it was.
Rated 18 Jul 2007
Pretty predictable. About as good as Panic Room. What's up with genius Jodie Foster and her idiotic movie choices?
Rated 02 May 2014
Entertainment: 4/4. Spirituality: 0.5/3. Sustainability: 0.5/3.
Good story, bad plot, Ugly execution
Good movie, a bit cheesy in the ending though. If you have a choice between airplane thrillers, pick Red Eye or Air Force One instead.
Despite the best efforts of Jodie Foster, this film sinks, especially compared to Hitchcock's 'The Lady Vanishes'. Believability goes out the window in this one.
Reasonably decent action/suspense thriller.
Interesting premise but it really cheats the viewer and the glaring implausibilities in the plot are entirely noticeable.
Foster's performance is rivitting. She takes no prisoners here.
Rated 07 Nov 2010
Flightplan was entertaining and actually fairly tense at the start. A couple of twists later and it had taken that good feeling I had and replaced it with one of boredom. The acting ends up being the best part, with Jodie Foster and Sean Bean both giving great performances. The film just ends up overstaying its welcome, and likely would have been better if it didn't have to go on for over 80 minutes. It's not a terrible film, and it does have some good parts, but it just doesn't work entirely.
Predictable from beginning to end...Jodie Foster sucks.
Good thriller, but left me wanting a little more. I thought Jodie Foster was a little too intense; I would have enjoyed the film more if we'd seen a softer side to her.
A suspenseful and gripping thriller.
The first 3/4s of this film was spent doing nothing, then the ending was poorly cramped into the last 20 minutes. OK SPOILER ALERT!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HTF did a plane designer know that that bomb wouldn't blow the whole plane? That was Really annoying
Semi-good, but doesn't really grasp the audience
good thriller. not one you need to own because once you know who did it.
Rated 01 Dec 2010
I liked the beginning sooo much! Too bad they ruined that later on in the movie when the 'plot unravels'.. :(
Wildly improbable airborne thriller with Foster as a widow whose daughter mysteriously disappears during a trans-Atlantic flight; performances are one-note, direction is hackneyed, script is obvious and ridiculous. Great set, however.
panic room in the air
Insultingly insipid thriller, featuring career worst turns from all involved and a phony association with 9/11 that's shortsighted and sharply blanketed in racism.
Kyle is a bad mother. This is a bad movie.
Started off okay but the big "twist" just ruins it. Oh dear Jodie, how I yearn for your Silence of the Lambs days.
How stupid.
Mostly frustrating when it should just be suspenseful, but managing some very exciting moments. Jodie Foster acts determined well enough, but her character lacks any depth. A good popcorn flick.
Pretty silly.
Interesting
Jodi Foster rocks! Great psychological thriller. James Horner wrote a great score for this flick too.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
Same reaction as i had to Panic Room - good short story, but is there a whole movie here? Not that interesting.
Rated 16 Jan 2013
Slick thriller that builds some good tension then falters.
Rated 06 Aug 2010
Ok then.
Rated 24 Sep 2007
Just too darned disjointed and confused to be believed. This woman loses track of her daughter, who no one seems to have seen, and goes frantic on the plane. Not in this world, I don't think it would have taken long for someone to have duct taped her to her chair.
Rated 03 Oct 2007
[end scene] WTF do you think she's holding, dumbass ?!
Rated 08 Oct 2007
It is a good action movie, very well done and really claustrophobic, which focuses entirely on Jodie Foster.
Rated 22 Oct 2007
Foster s great at pushing the psychological edge, but the story-line and other actors let this one down.
Rated 03 Feb 2021
Rated 24 Jun 2012
started good ended very bad.
Rated 10 May 2010
Rated 17 Dec 2007
What a ridiculous movie. Ridiculous. Jodie Foster, please. Stop doing that.
Rated 04 Jan 2008
Interesting film with some great suspence but spoiled by some predictable elements. A strong perfomance by Jodie Foster and some good effects. Worth watching one evening but nothing spectacular.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
good film
Rated 10 Feb 2008
Another Feministic statement attempting to be made by whatsherface.
Rated 26 Feb 2008
Watchable but disappointing thriller with totally unbelievable and ridiculous ending.
Rated 30 May 2018
The boring parts were stretched out, and the interesting parts were quite concise. It's a nice story to tell, but a less patient viewer would probably have abandoned the movie before the payoff.
Rated 03 May 2010
Airplane movies sans GET OFF MY PLANE!!!!!!!!! are awful.
Rated 08 Apr 2008
Very predictable.
Rated 11 Apr 2008
Watchable, even enjoyable, but ultimately mediocre.
Rated 16 Apr 2008
Sorry, folks. In case you hadn't noticed? Planes just aren't that big.
Rated 24 Apr 2008
I love Jodie Foster and this is one of my fave films she is in. Her little girl disappears during their flight but everyone on the plane denies she ever existed. So she must struggle alone to find her.
Rated 01 Jan 2018
Rated 15 Nov 2011
Did Roland Emmerich direct the last scene? :D
Rated 27 Mar 2010
Not so good
Rated 19 Jul 2008
This is so ridiculous. Just skip it.
Rated 07 Sep 2008
Underrated. It isn't as bad as what people say. Jodie's acting is terrific and believable. The film is very suspenseful and well-made despite its cliched, sometimes poor plot.
Rated 16 Sep 2008
Ganske spændende
Rated 06 Oct 2008
very dramatic... and alot of suspense...and thrills
Rated 24 May 2017
Entertaining nonsense.
Rated 10 Nov 2011
I guess they had to use this exotic extra-large plane as an excuse to make the plot more plausible, but it's still an outrageous stretch.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
I expected a horrible script and it was far worse than I expected. Foster is as bad as usual but Sarsgaard and Bean are good. Clueless directing and ugly effects too.
Rated 19 Dec 2008
Formulaic but OK thriller. Ending is a letdown.
Rated 21 Dec 2008
Please help.
Rated 23 Dec 2008
Sorry Jodie. I didn't like this one.
Rated 07 Jan 2009
Mildy entertaining for about a minute.
Rated 11 Feb 2009
The first time David Fincher disappointed me.
Rated 27 Jun 2014
Starts with an intriguing premise; but, by midway through the movies all the steam and energy fizzles out. You may feel disappointed considering the scope the story had. Instead, watch Liam Neeson starrer Non-stop (2014)
Rated 15 Feb 2011
Mediocre rehash of The Lady Vanishes.
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Boring with a stupid fucking plot.
Rated 02 May 2009
The dialog failed to pull me into the movie and the plot never developed enough to let me ignore how unbelieveable the whole situation was (particularly the closing scene). However, there were some surprisingly untypical techniques making it less predictable. Not a complete waste.
Rated 04 May 2009
I was very interested in the movie , and that feeling stayed for the first part of the movie in wich you will be trying to figure out what happened. But after a while , and when you know what is happening , it's a really huge letdown. Characters don't appeal to me.
Rated 31 May 2009
Love Foster. Absolutely stupid movie. Every cheap Hollywood plot twist is here. Done during the period Hollywood seemed to have an obsession with plane interiors. Someone prevent Foster from making stupid movies like this.
Rated 27 Jun 2009
had a few good moments, but comparing this to panic room .... booooring
Rated 02 Sep 2016
You know, I actually enjoyed the suspense and how the plot gradually kept me guessing. Flightplan's shortcoming lies in its finale. It just got to be too ridiculous on top of its stupidity. It's not a terrible film and it's something I recommend watching if you like to shut your brain off and kill 140 minutes. 3 STARS
Rated 27 Jun 2011
mala , nada que agregar
Rated 19 May 2016
So much cringe, and the plot doesn't really make sense. The cinematography is nice though
Rated 25 Sep 2009
The beginning of the movie with all the paranoia and questions worked well for me, but when the plot started to unravel itself, the movie fell flat very quickly.
Rated 03 Dec 2009
You can watch this movie one time only because once you realize that the ending doesn't resolve any of your questions it's like a slap in your face. I actually waited until after the credits for an explanation.
Rated 08 Dec 2009