Forrest Gump
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVParamount+ Amazon ChannelParamount PlusShowtime Apple TV Channel
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
Forrest-Gump

Forrest Gump

1994
Romance, Comedy
Forrest, Forrest Gump is a simple man with little brain activity but good intentions. He struggles through childhood with his best and only friend Jenny. His 'mama' teaches him the ways of life and leaves him to choose his destiny. Forrest joins the army for service in Vietnam, finding new friends called Dan and Bubba, he wins medals, starts a table tennis craze, creates a famous shrimp fishing fleet, inspires people to jog, and more. (imdb)
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
Google Play Movies
Vudu
Microsoft Store
FlixFling

A sweeping cinematic tour of the latter half of the 20th century, told through the eyes of one of film's most iconic characters. I'm one of those weirdos who wasn't outraged when it beat Pulp Fiction at the Oscars (back when I thought the Oscars meant a damn thing). I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love the hell out of it.
The superb acting, the absolutely incredible music, and the (while not necessarily logical or in any way likely) story will touch anyone who has their heart in the right place. An incredible movie, and anyone who says otherwise needs to check their cynicism at the door.
The first time I saw this movie, I cried. Hard. Because I was NINE. I saw this movie again on TV last year, when I was 21... holy shit, what a maudlin mess. The only way that this film could've possibly been more Oscar-hungry would be if Forrest Gump were also deaf, homeless, and struggling to care for his young son who is growing up on the dangerous inner-city streets. Also, the kid would've had to be a genius who grows up to save the Middle East and endangered California condors and stuff.
The message of this film seems to be that even an unwitting retard can excel in all areas of life as long as he does it in a wholesome American fashion and steers clear of those woman-beating liberal bastards in the counterculture.
Conservative claptrap in which a retard does what he is told by his superiors and bootstraps his way to immense wealth and success, while liberal peaceniks get AIDS and die. Fuck you, Robert Zemeckis.

Last modified by:trefwoordpTrefwoordP on 12 Nov 2019