1994
Romance
The film follows the fortunes of Charles and his friends as they wonder if they will every find true love and marry. Charles thinks he's found "Miss Right" in Carrie, an American. This British subtle comedy revolves around Charlie, his friends and the four weddings and one funeral which they attend. (imdb)

1994
Romance

Rated 23 Jan 2010
Funny movie and some scenes are really hilarious. I like this one with H.Grant and the story of a bachelor who can not find the right lady for marriage. The first wedding was the best for me and very funny. R.Atkinson as a priest was funny too : ...."the holy goat" , hihi
Rated 18 Jan 2015
Charming but forgettable, which sums up Hugh Grant's entire career.
Rated 05 May 2021
I think I might rather go to four funerals and a wedding in real life. I've liked Hugh Grant well enough in other projects but he kind of got on my nerves in this one, as did the schmaltzy soundtrack that insisted everything happening was "so dramatic and romantic". Takes itself too seriously and isn't that funny, not a winning combo.
Rated 19 Oct 2017
Oh, I, yes... well, I, uh, oh dear, I seem to have, ummm, forgotten everything I was about... to... say...
Rated 05 Aug 2011
Fresh, original rom-com
Rated 02 Jul 2009
One of the best romantic-comedies I ever saw.
Rated 15 Jul 2009
I am suprised to see majority granted high ratings to this. I like the genre. I have no grudge on Grant or McDowell. Groundhog Day or Notting Hill are among my favorite films. But this one was bad. Even I tried I couldn't get myself to appreciate much in this movie. Foolish acting, plot is below par, many stupid disturbing lines disallow to get involved in the story. Funny at times but nothing more.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
smart and funny
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Battle your way through the cliches and predictability and there is quite a sweet movie here. It's never anything more than okay however, and Andie MacDowell is just fucking hilariously bad in this film.
Rated 27 Apr 2008
It's a cute story that runs out of steam at the end. It fell into a lot of cliches that had me rolling my eyes. Also, Andie MacDowell was awful in this.
Rated 30 Mar 2011
Part of the British movie boom of the 90s and one of the few movies of that era that people still can name. With good reason, as it is one of the few romantic comedies that reach across the aisle and are watchable together.
Rated 29 Dec 2013
I cannot understand how this totally unexceptionnal romcom could have been such a smashing hit both critically and commercially when it came out. There's nothing which makes it more interesting than any other film in this genre.
Rated 10 Nov 2013
Charming and funny at times, but often felt disjointed and jumpy. The performances are fine and the writing is decent, but nothing about Four Weddings and a Funeral screams "must-watch."
Rated 16 Feb 2007
Pretty good.
Rated 23 Apr 2010
Its an ok movie. Has some funny bits, but that's about it. Andy McDowell was horrible. Bugger bugger bugger!
Rated 14 Jan 2007
A great story, wonderful characters, great ensemble cast, and an endlessly quotable script makes up one of the best comedies ever made.
Rated 04 Jan 2008
Although this was the hit of the 90's it strikes me as over rated. Forumlaic and uninspired. Reasonable acting but nothing to write home about.
Rated 04 Apr 2011
A decent romantic comedy that is very similiar to "Notting Hill" but inferior. It's too stupidly dramatic sometimes, but overall quite fun and not awkwardly serious like romantic comedies tend to be.
Rated 04 Apr 2011
This film never establishes that it follows the lives of people only at the funerals and the weddings they attend it, but you don't realize this until the third funeral or so because you finally realize that time had elapsed.
Rated 18 Mar 2011
hilarious! great dialogues! great lines! great acting! british humor at its prime!
Rated 08 Jan 2012
6+ recommended
Rated 24 Jan 2012
A solid romantic comedy, especially if you like Hugh Grant.
Rated 02 Apr 2011
I'm a huge Hugh Grant film, but I just didn't find this all that likable. The film just hops between weddings and funerals with no story-line. And makes the viewer guess everything that's happened between weddings! I just couldn't really get into it.
Rated 02 Apr 2010
I don't enjoy romantic and this one did not surprise me. Was compelled to watch it as wanted more of John Hannah who was quite good in Spartacus.
Rated 06 Feb 2011
Read criticker's movie summary again: it says this is a "subtle" comedy. Are you kidding.
Rated 20 Jan 2011
"Three Weddings, a Funeral and a Wedding Again" is a funny, very British and charming romantic comedy, because Richard Curtis knows how to write, Hugh Grant knows how to play awkward, and Rowan Atkinson knows how to mispronounce. This is certainly above average and occasionally hilarious, but also flawed: it's too romantic for its own good, MacDowell is horrendous and one wonders why anyone would fall in love with her and I hate that ending. Hate hate hate that ending.
Rated 03 Jan 2011
hugh grant has an uncanny ability to make any chick flick entertaining and funny
Rated 01 Jan 2011
A better film about love delayed than "Sleepless in Seattle." It's funnier, more credible, more bittersweet and the characters are a whole lot brighter. Naturally, it won't be as big a hit.
Rated 29 Aug 2010
Richard Curtis is the man, and he writes the only rom coms I actually like.
Rated 07 Jun 2010
Good.
Rated 12 Dec 2009
Fine ensemble, headed by the engaging Grant, keep this buoyant under Newell's sure-handed direction. Curtis's screenplay may not bear close scrutiny (that final conversation really seems out of place), but it's certainly fun.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
run of the mill
Rated 26 Nov 2023
artificial and boring, with enough tropes to fill a stadium.
Rated 22 Dec 2022
This is far from a perfect film, but you know what it is? It's an utterly delightful film that I have thoroughly enjoyed every time I have watched it ... and I've watched it several times.
Rated 18 May 2022
Rated 06 Aug 2021
7??2017.1.16/Hugh Grant????/????????????????
Rated 09 May 2021
Random movie pick, otherwise why else would I be watching a British rom-com from the 90s, right? hehe . . . so yeah. This is a witty film with a bit of heart to it. However, Hugh Grant simping over Andie McDowell's character just kills it for me. oof.
Rated 10 Apr 2020
#20#, rw3, liked, rewatch(4) }**{ #94#, reviews, story.
Rated 19 Feb 2019
Overstays its welcome as a concept and some of its humor comes off as cheap, but with hilarity, charm, and a wonderful cast, this movie creates likable characters and a romance worth watching.
Rated 21 Sep 2018
Top badass moment? It’s unrealistic, dated, made for Americans, class-obsessed pap, and frankly quite pointless… but annoyingly it’s also a lot of fun. I guess having my rigid, world-view sensibilities overturned by a (crappy non-anamorphic copy on DVD) film is badass… but still really annoying. Bugger! Anyway, (spoiler alert) as we all know now, in the end Hugh Grant dumps Andie MacDowell for Bridget Jones, whilst Andie goes off with Phil Connors. No cats, chainsaws or decapitations.
Rated 19 Oct 2017
Funny and engaging. Great writing.
Rated 06 May 2017
Rated 19 Aug 2012
It's sweet - diabetic-coma-inducing sweet - but the jokes are intelligent; the performances are, in the main, top-notch; the story is fun. There are also moments of genuine pathos, chief among which occurs, predictably enough, during the funeral of the title. John Hannah's portrayal of a man bereft, is extremely moving, though, it does rather speak volumes that, for the part of the film, which isn't light and frothy, writer, Richard Curtis had to turn to the talents of W. H. Auden for help.
Rated 19 Mar 2016
It has some pretty great humor, especially in the first half, but as soon as the central love story took over this movie went south for me. The girl (no, I don't remember her name) is a blank slate, an object to further Charles' story rather than a subject with actual defining features. But she's a masterpiece of screenwriting compared to her husband, whose role consists solely of being a douche. Charles himself is somewhat more human but not quite enough to make me care about his love life.
Rated 19 Mar 2016
Pap? Surely yes. Delightful pap that gave me the warm and fuzzies despite my hulking slab of masculine glory? Yes surely. Andie MacDowell can buzz right off, what an unlikable harlot.
Rated 23 Aug 2015
Not great but still good
Rated 29 Mar 2015
2.94/5
Rated 17 Jan 2015
Going to 4 weddings is shit enough, why watch 4 in a row?
Rated 23 Dec 2014
Enjoyable at times, cringe-worthy at others. Just OK.
Rated 27 Dec 2013
"Isn't that like five of the same thing?"
Rated 08 Dec 2013
Romantic comedy, English style, which is a little like fine dining, English Style, if you can imagine.
Rated 03 Mar 2013
nikah, cenaze, ingiltere, kilise, bir baskasiyla evlenmek, sevdigini söyleyememek, sagir ve dilsiz kardes (Bir nikahta tanisan ikili ilk tanismada birlikte olurlar. Sonraki nikahta hatun nisanli olarak gelir. yine de birlikte olurlar. sonra ki nikahta hatun evlenir. Ayni nikahta konuklardan biri ölür ve enaze olur. Dördüncü nikah adamin nikahidir. Hatunda gelir fakat bosanmistir. Adam nikah esnasinda hayir der ve gelinden yumruk yer...)
i like hugh grant!
Rated 05 May 2008
Trailer and music sounds better than movie. Romance with humor.
Rated 26 Apr 2008
One of the funniest comedies of all time, if not the funniest!
Rated 14 Mar 2008
Oddly funny.
Rated 19 Oct 2007
Really well-written, appealing and poignant.
Rated 13 Oct 2007
kinda funny if you like hugh. i can atke him or leave hin. andie's cute
Rated 11 Sep 2007
I so don't get Andie MacDowell, but other than that, it has to be considered one of the best romantic comedies ever made.
Rated 11 Sep 2007
This should be censored for being the epitome of dull British filmmaking
Rated 26 Aug 2007
The opening words of this film sets the tone for what kind of movie you will be watching. Sinnical British humor mixed with Hugh Grant before he was so charmingly befuddled in EVERY SINGLE PART HE'S PLAYED EVER SINCE! Enjoy the film, then laugh at the fact he and his crooked teeth cheated on Elizabeth Hurley...idiot.
Rated 23 Aug 2007
Excellent
Not too deep but highly entertaining comedy that gains great interest through the strength of the characters and situations.
Rated 15 May 2008
I had a disastrous first and only date at this movie. But I won't hold that against it.
Love comedy not for me...
Cute.
Rated 04 Aug 2007
Andie McDowell's terrible acting almost, but not quite, scuppers the whole venture here. I'm a sucker for a good romcom, and this goes a reasonable way towards fitting the bill.
Rated 08 Jul 2007
This is a really unique story and Hugh Grant is actually sympathetic - and not a total wanker - in this film. Very witty and funny film.
Rated 02 Jun 2007
Hugh Grant portrays the blundering idiot so well. Usual grant hapless lover storyline with welcome performance by Andie Macdowell.
Rated 28 May 2007
Very funny comedy, however unreal it often feels. That reading of W. H. Auden's "Stop the Clocks" is also a real keeper
Rated 25 Mar 2007
Hugh Grant plays himself in this movie that would have been better if Hugh Grant spent the next 15 years not playing himself.
Rated 09 Feb 2007
Is the film still playing? I hadn't noticed. Seriously though, this is decent.
Rated 03 Jan 2007
One of the best comedies around.
Rated 01 Mar 2009
good
Rated 24 Jan 2010
Pretty good for a romantic comedy. Hugh Grant was great in this, but I think Andie MacDowell was kind of a bad match for his character.
Rated 21 Dec 2009
Somewhat amusing piece of fluff.
Rated 01 Dec 2006
One of the early RomComs that should become a Hollywood formula. Funny.
Rated 13 Nov 2009
"Charming" to the point of nausea. What a load of bollocks
Rated 11 Sep 2009
heartfelt and delightful all the way til the climaxing funeral. horribly cheesy after that, though.
Rated 10 Sep 2009
I didn't fell for this mivie as many others did, but it was nice and amusing
Rated 07 Sep 2009
An enjoyable--if corny as hell--dramedy. The major flaw, though, is how unlikable Andie MacDowell's character is. Luckily the rest of the characters make up for it.
Rated 25 Jul 2009
Naaah.
Rated 10 Jun 2009
Goes from a nonsensical comedy to utter sadness, in style.
Rated 10 May 2009
couldn't sit through the first half hour.
Rated 08 Feb 2010
Curtis' peak before he began to parody himself.
Rated 16 Dec 2008
Funny movie. Hugh Grant is funny, and Mr. Bean as the priest in the one scene is hilarious. There are area where the movie drags but I did find it funnier then I thought it would.
Rated 07 Dec 2008
I swore at the outset of this film that if it used the tired old cliche about losing the ring, I would turn it off. It did. I did. Lowest ranking. No second chances.
Rated 30 Oct 2008
Andi McDowell was totally miscast and ruins re-runs
Rated 01 Oct 2008
Preferred "Four funerals and a wedding"
Rated 28 Jul 2008
Oh, that Hugh Grant, isn't he just charming?
Rated 09 Jul 2008
More charming than it has any right to be. Contains the greatest reading of an Auden poem I've ever heard.
Rated 30 Jun 2008
Charming and the perfect perfect date movie of all time.
Rated 20 Jun 2008
Hugh Grant's foppy fumbling act got old but not until much later than this well done Mike Newell film, one of his better efforts. Superior to the Love Actually, Notting Hill cloned things we saw later.
Rated 15 Jun 2008