Criticker.com - Film & TV Recommendations and Community
profile
0 rankings

Friday the 13th (2009)

Your Rating

Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)

Genre: Horror

Country: USA

Directed By: Marcus Nispel

Written By: Damian Shannon, Mark Swift

Starring: Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker, Richard Burgi, Derek Mears, Arlen Escarpeta, Aaron Yoo, Amanda Righetti, Willa Ford, Travis Van Winkle, Julianna Guill, Ryan Hansen, Nick Mennell

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

StatsStats
CollectionsCollections
FindFind
RatingsRatings
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Friday the 13th belongs to 49 collections
1. boobs (public: moderated by Pickpocket - 39 stars)
2. Remake (public: moderated by td888 - 6 stars)
3. Slasher (public: moderated by Moribunny - 6 stars)
4. Friday The 13th (public: moderated by td888 - 3 stars)
5. Orange & Teal (public: moderated by shalev - 3 stars)
6. Filmsite.org - Sex in the Movies, An Illustrated History (public: moderated by afx237vi - 2 stars)
7. Horror Franchises (public: moderated by mattburgess - 2 stars)
8. Slashergirls Friday The 13th or Friday related films (public: moderated by moody girl - 1 star)
9. Horror remake (your public collection - 1 star) | remove from collection
10. Naked Female Swimming (your public collection - 1 star) | remove from collection
11. Eligible for Academy Award Best Picture 2009 (public: moderated by Ross - 1 star)
12. The Flop House Podcast (public: moderated by mucow - 1 star)
13. Reboot (public: moderated by djross)
14. Remembered Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
15. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
16. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
17. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
18. 2009: Year in Review (private: polanski28)
19. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
20. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
21. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
petersmith
65T7
letskillrobots letskillrobots
1T1
Score one for Jason. No literally I gave this movie a one.
Trooth Trooth
18T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
exolstice exolstice
6T1
alidemirci alidemirci
Pickpocket Pickpocket
4T4
So forgettable that I literally just remembered I saw it after one of my kumples gave it a score. This movie a couple hilarious deaths but it was pretty bad. The asian guy, who for some reason continues to get movies, is one of the worst characters ever conceived.
Farzan Farzan
30T2
Typical slasher, and when I say typical, I mean typical.
HobbesZ HobbesZ
wccarroll wccarroll
73T6
VengefulKBM VengefulKBM
15T1
I mean... it was fun to go to the theater to watch this with friends and openly laugh at it.
ermanen ermanen
50T1
classic same movie, always doing the same thing, get rid of it
ynihilist y.nihilist
23T1
Anderss
doctor7 doctor7
8T1
I was never impressed by the original and this one was about as enthralling, well written and interesting. Bunch of kids, who talk to themselves excessively beyond all reason, do things their parents wouldn't want them to and get systematically murdered by a super human psycho. This is a terrible movie in every sense of the word.
vicent1988
jjrocketman
Jstern2009 Jstern2009
ribcage ribcage
15T1
i hated all the characters and i hated all the acting and i hated the story and fuck you friday the 13th remake
stpmtnfury
50T3
mythos mythos
BrutalBrian BrutalBrian
70T3
Well certainly not as bad as one would expect, this is a much better experience than what I thought it was going to be. Lots of nudity, and the girls who get naked are fucking gorgeous, VIOLENT kills, and Camp Crystal Lake are all here, even a bit in the beginning with Jason's mom, which the writer's said was going to be scrapped and thankfully was not. Derek Mears's version of Jason holds up, though he's not Kane Hodder. Marcus Nispel did a better job with this than Texas Chainsaw thankfully.
yesistasty yesistasty
49T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
Paulywauly
moeru
80T7
slidercc slidercc
90T10
A great way to reboot the series, while staying true to the original in many aspects, it also changed things up a bit. I didn't mind a faster moving jason, or a smarter jason. All in all a great film, only negatives would be the movie is too dark and its hard to tell what is happening at some moments. Also, not good enough usage of the epic jason music.
Horror1983
40T4
LordBeefJerk
moody_girl moody girl
100T10
Loved this movie,sure I could b!tch about how Jason being a young boy in'80 screws with other established timelines but if writers don't care why should I ???...He's smart sets traps amazingly fast & is prone to fits of rage (just like me) ...my only real gripe with this movie is Jason kidnapping Whitney,I don't care how much she looks like his mom (My Jason wouldn't do that he'd kill her or she'd manage to kill him end of story;(Well accept for the whole cryptic double ending)
Miggs Miggs
34T1
wow they had to make another one im going to explode
Arif.
tancan
24T1
SpikyCactus SpikyCactus
70T5
Top badass moment? Surprisingly few choices, so I’m going for Jason’s top throw with the full-sized, double-headed axe. Getting one to fly through the air would be hard enough, but doing so and hitting someone running fast 20m away is pretty impressive. What a shame he didn’t get the chance to take up the javelin or hammer at school; things might have been different. No cats, 3 decapitations and no chainsaws. Only one decapitation is on-screen, but it’s done to Major Kira Nerys from Star Trek!
revolverjgw
80T5
nutcrackr nutcrackr
69T3
Was kinda enjoying it until one of the leading ladies took a machete through the chest, being one of the likable characters. Ending was pretty stupid although not knowing Jason's previous efforts it's probably traditional to do so. Jared does a decent job but they could have done so much more with the characters.
SnoopyStyle
65T4
NightGoat72 NightGoat72
Jeb Jeb
22T2
For 2009 so far, this impossibly generic slasher remake is the definite source for titties, gore, psychopathic killers wielding machetes and of course, chinese marijuana addicts, and that's saying a lot due to My Bloody Valentine 3-D being out right now. Still nothing new is crapped out from Michael Bay or Marcus Nispel's ass and we're left with a cheap-thrilled, unclever mess of a horror movie. Still reminds me of the swinging 80s though, which is good. Also who can resist the opening?
sweevo sweevo
25T1
queendork56 queendork56
4T3
ledcollector
stacilayne stacilayne
1T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
NathonGunn NathonGunn
42T2
PerroNoche!
TheDenizen TheDenizen
60T5
No real surprises in this reboot that is actually closer to a remake of Parts 2 and 3 smashed into a single flick. Jason is a hulking machine who slices and dices his way through two groups of unlikable douchebags in a variety of gory ways. Some of the kills are definitely novel, but I can't help thinking this was an entirely unnecessary exercise.
calinki calinki
theone347
SickForay SickForay
kevinflinttn
73T2
As a major fan of the Friday The 13th series, this one was a must watch. It has its good and bad points. Good points...Jason was strong, cunning, fast, and a skilled predator; he had tunnels underground (which explained how he got around so fast during the past 20-years); pretty woman (a big part of the series). Bad points...a very, very slow movie. It was about 20-minutes or more before the characters in the movie was introduced. Not bloody enough, no camp councilors, and too bland.
maxim mcdlckmz
31T1
gemtea
38T1
teecee teecee
5T1
Værre end originalen, faktisk ærgeligt...
lordbyron
lostty lostty
65T2
synthono
71T3
Better than I expected does not necessarily mean good, but given what it is - a Platinum Dunes reboot of a generally kind of bad horror series - I expected that little number to be red. I would like to know who is paying Jason's electricity bills, however.
stoner38
Ofterdingen
56T5
empiremag empiremag
2T2
"It's a sad day when a Friday the 13th remake is shown up by a My Bloody Valentine remake."
claymadsen
68T6
joshuadrake
saltandburn saltandburn
90T8
This was a very good movie. Surely, the most well known BEST actor in the movie was Jared Padalecki. He added a special thing to the film which I don't think any other actor could..well except for Jensen Ackles, Christian Kane, Jeffery Dean Morgan, or Timothy Olyphant. Hell, if this movie wanted a 91 or above it would have included all of these actors listed. That would be one manly movie. It could have been even more manly than Predator with Carl and Arnold.
zeating zeating
Vicky M
20T1
Riptide0 Riptide0
61T3
I enjoyed this movie, sure. It has some really serious, glaring flaws though, namely that it brings nothing to the table that the original friday the 13th movies didn't. What is the point of just remaking a movie like this with modern day characters? It falls prey to all the shortcomings of the slasher genre and makes me sad for the "future" of this genre. Where's the originality that spawned monsters like Krueger or Scream?
Displaying 1 to 250 of 979 total rankings: Prev | Next