From Dusk Till Dawn
From-Dusk-Till-Dawn

From Dusk Till Dawn

1996
Crime, Action
George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino star as the Gecko brothers -- two dangerous outlaws on a wild crime spree. After kidnapping a father (Keitel) and his two kids (Lewis), the Geckos head south to a seedy Mexican bar to hide out in safety. But when they face the bar's truly notorious clientele, they're forced to team up with their hostages in order to make it out alive. (Dimension)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreCBS
Max Amazon Channel
Max

Starts off as a tense hostage drama, then goes in the crapper. 10 points just for Salma Hayek, who's as hot as a very hot thing.
Not sure why I've never felt compelled to watch this until now. Totally bonkers, if not goofy, but always within the realm of sheer awesomeness, and you can tell they had a great time making it. Looks like McLovin was inspired by QT's rapey look in this film.
Watching this with someone who never heard of it is the sweetest plum.
Gee, I don't know. It was often entertaining, but at the end I wasn't left feeling particularly satisfied. In fact, I didn't feel much of anything -- just empty. Pastiche-filled action, gore, cool quips and such aren't really enough to excite me unless there's something that makes me feel like there's something, anything, some sort of point to it all. It doesn't have to be something profound at all. This just feels hollow.
The gangster movie is too cool for school, but the vampire movie just burns the school down.

Last modified by:mjoc0723mjoc0723 on 27 Oct 2021