2013
Musical
Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna's sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. (imdb)

2013
Musical

Rated 10 Dec 2015
I don't know what kind of dark magic Disney had to conjure to turn this "just OK" movie into the moneymaking pop culture juggernaut it became, but I'm sure it involved more than one human sacrifice.
Rated 20 Dec 2013
Standard disney fare. There's a talking bucktoothed magic snowman comedy sidekick. A princess who appears to be a member of the X-men. A princess "heroine" who is kind of worthless. An anthropomorphic reindeer. A dopey good ole' boy who turns out to be the love interest in a predictable twist. A handsome prince who turns out to be an asshole. Some forgettable song and dance. Some magic. Some jokes. Nothing really sticks but it's good for kids I guess and it's like printing money.
Rated 22 Apr 2014
I guess it was ok? It's hard for me to rate this since I hate everything related to wintery wonderlands and singing, plus I was under the influence of dubious chemicals at the time and I can barely remember the contents anymore. I do know that it has a pile of matter consisting of 99% water and 1% twigs and carrot come to life, which is actually a horrifying concept with serious ramifications for how we perceive our place in the universe. But forget about that, kids! More singing!
Rated 06 Jan 2014
Disappointing. The story was nothing exceptional & the characters had rushed/incomplete development. Everything seemed so very out of control and stitched together; the trolls were especially awkward and the music was catchy, but uninspired. The positives include beautiful and imaginative graphics, a handful of amusing moments with the snowman & reindeer and a couple decent twists on fairy tail expectations. Kids will love it, but those raised on classic Disney will notice something missing.
Rated 02 Dec 2013
Mostly painless, even amusing and touching at times, but it feels like a corporate film, not an organic one. Themes are half-hearted, the look is videogame dull, characters are here and there. It's not a myth or a fairy tale, it's a theme park.
Rated 09 Dec 2013
I was very surprised. Frozen was a very well-written Disney movie that's sure to entertain the whole family. Got more than I was expecting from it. There haven't been a ton of animated movies in 2013 but this one stands above probably all of them. Talented voice acting. funny characters, and some not-so-bad music make this cute, funny kids film worth aiming for.
Rated 14 May 2014
Pretty solid, nicely animated fare, with some decent and catchy songs. There are some small signs that Disney may be willing to move out of its comfort zone in terms of its characters, motivations and themes, which can't be a bad thing. A warning, if you haven't realised already: this film is like crack cocaine to little girls - if I was to suggest that my daughter give it a rest for a week or so, she'd probably go into withdrawl that would require medical assistance.
Rated 12 Dec 2015
So if 'The Hunger Games' is the watered down girls version of 'Battle Royale' I suppose this is - what with the teen angst, the powers out of control and the 'close friend' trying to save the day - Disney corp trying on 'Akira'. Instead of a futuristic dystopia, you get endless Broadway canons, and instead of the cool motorcycle our female protagonist rides a donkey with horns, leaving equality absolutely nowhere. Or I could be wrong. It could all be a metaphor for cocaine.
Rated 31 Jul 2019
From Disney Wiki: "According to the book The Art of Frozen, the trolls' magical crystals channel the aurora borealis." I have no response to that.
Rated 12 Dec 2013
Funny and Feminism aren't usually words that go together, but Frozen pulls it off. Disney is BACK with a vengeance. This time it's personal. I really liked it, but kinda felt it was written in a board room. "Men, we need a funny sidekick to appeal to the kids. How about a snowman? Does he need an arc or a purpose? Nope, we just need a funny snowman. But sir, boys won't like a movie with two strong female leads. Right, we need something! Maybe a dumb guy with a reindeer? Yeah. That'll work!"
Rated 11 Jul 2015
An uneven mix of immensely enjoyable, average and tedious. Stupid snowman character & animations subtracts from it greatly. A few musical numbers were exceptionally good. The basic story is sweet and entertaining and the majority of the animations were good and quite cute. There are a few comical moments. Some of the plot turns were not so much a surprise as they were simply odd. Great for kids. There is a lot to like, but it also has many shortcomings, mostly related to the writing & snowman.
Rated 13 Jan 2014
Way better than I was expecting! Very happy to see feminism at work in more films like this!
Rated 08 Jan 2014
A nice story but cannot recall a single song from Frozen but I CAN SHOW YOU A WORLD UNDER THE SEA UNDER THE SEA AND I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KIIIIIING
Rated 28 Nov 2013
Good story and animation, but nothing overly exceptional. The music was Broadway boilerplate which has become extremely formulaic in the last 20 years. And what was with the African music theme at the beginning and end--trying to draft it onto the coattails of the "Lion King"...in the Arctic?
Rated 06 Mar 2014
Very bland and calculated. Most of the songs are just awkward and unnecessary. The occasional anachronistic marketing slang hints at the true nature of the film - an ode to consumerism. You don't need to have love/sympathy for strangers, loving/protecting your family is enough. Similarly, the main song is about finally not caring what the political correctness brigade might have to say and daring to be the Czar you were born to be. Don't worry, I'll buy you a new sled - the latest model!
Rated 19 Jun 2014
I could have done without the trolls and the extended X Factor-ish musical number... but I generally liked both the other songs and the characters quite a bit.
Rated 19 Aug 2014
As is to be expected from Disney, the character animation is pitch perfect, and although Brave went there first, It's a sweet reversed take on the princess fairy tale (even if has little to do with Hans Christian Andersen's story it's inspired by). But the constant use of "off-off-Broadway in the 90s" style music didn't do anything good for me. EDIT 2016: I got a kid now, who has binged this for the past six month - it's a living nightmare, my life, now.
Rated 13 Apr 2014
At surface level, Frozen boasts some facile female empowerment themes which may lead some to herald it as progressively feminist, but the truth is this tolerable animated film remains deeply conventional at its core. Some of the songs are decent if somewhat forgettable and Menzel channels some spunk with "Let it go" but whatever early promise it had is quickly buried by rote characterizations, a lack of emotional resonance, and convenient storytelling.
Rated 06 Jan 2014
Beautifully animated, smartly written, and stocked with singalong songs, Frozen adds another worthy entry to the Disney canon.
Rated 08 Feb 2015
Although I resent the way this movie has saturated current pop culture, I have to admit that the acquired immunity through repeated exposure is the only thing that got me through it. I do think the story is decent, but the human character design and especially the songs are such a shameless, calculated, pandering betrayal of art in the name of craft that I felt I was seconds away from a seizure the whole time. Okay, Olaf's summer fantasy sequence was good.
Rated 04 Dec 2013
Not bad, but I had a couple of issues. This movie tries to be innovative by revising some fairy tail cliches. While this is good and presents a few unexpected twists, it also makes other elements either unnecessary or impotent. But then again, this is coming from a guy who went into the theater thinking he was seeing a movie about people trapped on a ski lift.
Rated 25 Feb 2014
Female characters' got a strong manga influence with big eyes and small mouth. The singing parts were awkward and easy to forget. The magic side of the story was awfully explained. The hyper active Anna was funny during the castle scenes. The snow man character succeed only partly.
Rated 22 Mar 2014
Morale of the story is do not fall in love with a stranger or else he will steal your sister's kingdom and/or make you watch this movie.
Rated 23 Jan 2014
Doesn't insult and challenges some tropes. Not groundbreaking, just fine.
Rated 21 Jan 2014
Nothing particularly innovative or original. Overblown claims of it being a feminist triumph when in reality it's just the bare minimum we should be striving for in regards to female representation. The songs are cute but the plot is horrifically contrived, featuring THE most cliche plot twist in the history of the genre. Also, if the best thing you can say about the snowman is "He isn't as annoying as you think he'd be," then you've got a problem. And what the fuck was up with the rock people?
Rated 22 Dec 2013
It was cute and simple, but also super predictable and plays heavily on the same tropes and plot twists Disney princess films almost always use. Thus, I was pretty underwhelmed. Whereas most Disney films at least have very memorable songs that integrate well into the story, this film's music felt tacked on and forgettable for the most part. I literally just watched it 5 minutes ago and maybe remember a single melody line, when other Disney films have had music that has stuck with me forever. Meh
Rated 15 Dec 2013
Harmless entertainment but its reliance on overused themes allows you to outguess the film at every turn and every song the film would segue into made wanna slit my fucking wrists. Ok, maybe not THAT extreme, but you get the idea.
Rated 06 Mar 2014
Pros: Heartwarming sibling relationship. Surprisingly charming comedic sidekick. Outstanding character animation. Solid set of songs. Cons: A little too in love with its own subversion of Disney tropes. So-so character design. Unnecessary villain.
Rated 25 Mar 2014
Wow. The structure of this movie is strong, barreling through the predictable parts of the plot and lingering on the surprises and the emotion. Disney's been good, lately, at focusing on relationships other than romantic ones, and this is one of the best - and their willingness to show how fucked-up someone can be even when the people involved were trying their hardest gives me strength.
Rated 01 Apr 2014
For all the hullabaloo I was expecting a lot more than "okay." Eminently watchable and fairly forgettable compared to the best Disney/Pixar efforts. The characters and the plot are both razor-thin, more responses to tropes and fairy-tale clichés than anything resembling three-dimensional (heh), lived-in creations. It's well-animated, but hardly ranks with the best-looking CGI animation I've seen. And I didn't care for a single song (no, not even "Let it Go"). Eh. Go watch Wreck-It Ralph.
Rated 27 Jan 2014
I've let it go already.
Rated 21 Mar 2014
So incredibly well made it's hard to not at the very least admire "Frozen". The animation is outstanding, the musical score is supurb, and it also has to be noted that "Frozen" is actually very dramatic. It certainly had more scope for development in terms of the characters and the storyline, but y'know this was pretty good all-in-all. Enjoyed this massively on a second viewing too.
Rated 11 Jan 2014
"Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle / But put me in summer and I'll be a... [pauses in front of a puddle] ...happy snowman!"
Rated 28 Apr 2014
It's pretty okay. It's got a fair bit going for it - the songwriting is generally better than in a lot of these animated musicals, the animation is gorgeous, the writing isn't bad, it's got some laughs, and it's got a decent (if somewhat overly simplified), more or less reasonably feminist message. But it's also, narratively, bog standard Disney 101 stuff, and that feminist message comes off to the (maybe too cynical) viewer as an overly self-aware brush-off response to legitimate criticisms.
Rated 04 Aug 2021
My biggest obsession in 7th grade, wow I was so annoying
Rated 22 Mar 2014
I went into this film convinced I was going to loathe that goddamn snowman but turns out they actually made the comic sidekick character funny and endearing. What is this witchcraft and how come more children's movies don't use it? (3/5)
Rated 12 Sep 2022
Let it gooo, Let it gooo... allez y ! Insultez moi.
Rated 20 Dec 2014
Frozen has mostly flat characters, it's inert for long passages, its attempts to reconcile its traditional hetero romance & girl-power elements are awkward, and the songs are mostly bleh. But there are surprising grace notes -- a token comic relief character turns out to be a memento of years of estrangement; the show-stopping musical number in the middle turns out to center on a girl exploring and embracing a long-secret talent; a snowman, blithely ignorant of its dangers, longs for summer.
Rated 26 Jan 2015
Disney is taking policy of feminism indoctrination very seriously. No fun for adults, very childish. I didn't know it was a musical before watching it, the songs caught me unprepared (in a bad way).
Rated 23 Sep 2014
The story isn't exactly what one might call original, but it makes up for it, at least for the most part, with beautiful imagery and nicely choreographed scenes. While "Let It Go" easily ranks among the better songs to come out of animated musicals, the rest of the music was rather uninspired. All in all, Frozen may not the best to come out of Disney, but it's still an enjoyable, charming piece of film-making. And I know kids love it.
Rated 18 Feb 2015
Excellent animation except for Olaf, the snowman. The songs were fine, nothing too special. The plot was decent with a number of funny/cute moments and some nice twists on Disney stereotypes.
Rated 09 Feb 2015
An absolute home run, with the best non-Menken set of songs Disney has ever had. A great fairy tale for a modern audience.
Rated 04 May 2014
Some great songs, beautiful CG art, Elsa as a "villain" (isolated character that causes the main problem) that is not a wicked witch... Cut two songs (the one sung by the snowman and the one by the trolls), divide by two the times they say "love" in the last 30-45 minutes, and it would feel much greater. Yeah, I know, it's Disney+Princesses and they're improving it, but not everything in this world can be solved by love. Any kind of love. Really.
Rated 11 Jan 2014
Enjoyable music, charming characters, and pretty solid animation. It's not really outstanding, but it makes some efforts to depart from cliches and largely succeeds.
Rated 12 Feb 2014
Frozen is a Disney princess movie to placate some of the critics of Disney princess movies, developing from the first scene a relationship between sisters that saves them both by film's end. Yes, there is still some my-prince-will-come sentiment, and there are the usual silly sidekicks (this time a non-anthropomorphic but very smart moose and a magically animated snowman), but there is also a nice level of darkness to satisfy even the likes of me.
Rated 14 Jan 2014
Another very impressive addition to Disney's catalogue with a film full of likeable characters, infectious songs and a very creative concept.
Rated 05 Feb 2014
A traditional Disney Animation... In a good way. But still far from those 90's classic.
Rated 26 May 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is such an amazing movie.Disney stepped up it's game with this one. Olaf is so funny. The first Disney movie to have realistic characters. The music is some of the best to show for from Disney.
Rated 13 Nov 2017
Overrated. There is no real moral lesson. The villain is stupid and contrived. The marketing for the movie was misleading. And now we have to tolerate a new obsession from 8 year old girls and that fucking annoying song. It was mildly entertaining in parts, but not enough so to overcome the flaws in the film.
Rated 11 Jan 2014
Fun and heartfelt and like Tangled. The art is beautiful and the music memorable.
Rated 22 Apr 2014
I really have a problem with modern songs on animation. The over-polished lame excuse for children's songs which come out with no purpose. In another negative, I really had hoped for someone more evil then a gold digging prince. Thankfully more action and sweet stuff took over in the later stages making this a good fun Disney animation. Beautiful Norwegian ice landscapes. A emotionally challenged ice princess. And the best part of all.... the ignorant snowman dreaming of hot summers!
Rated 01 Mar 2014
To be honest, my problem with Frozen was that it just wasn't a very strong entry into the Disney forte. From a writing/story standpoint it was very lacking, and it was very predictable. The music I thought seemed almost sloppily placed at times, songs like "Do You Want To Build a Snowman" and "For The First Time in Forever" were super weirdly matched with "Let It Go" or "Love Is an Open Door". What kept the movie alive was the animation, which was gorgeous and the comedic moments.
Rated 06 Mar 2014
When the only things that stick with you are the very realistic looking snow and one decent song, you know it's not a great movie. The rest of the musical numbers aren't exactly the most original. True love, something, something, fixer-upper. Give me a break. The story is shallow and predictable, but I do appreciate the fact that they acknowledge that love isn't necessarily about a romantic interest.
Rated 19 Mar 2014
Slightly disappointing considering the hype, but definitely entertaining. Some decent music and well done animation.
Rated 29 May 2014
This is very enjoyable if you are in the mood for something made for a much younger audience.
Rated 16 Feb 2015
I miss the days when the fantasy film of choice for kids and adults alike was The Neverending Story.
Rated 10 Jan 2014
The direction is approximately 352% better than the songwriting. Olaf makes a decent Danny Kaye, but the film's songs, and Olaf's ultimate relevance, magically disappeared in the final 40 minutes, which only underscore how disjointed the affair actually is. And Disney really needs to start feeding these royalties back to Ghibli for lifting key elements from Howl's Moving Castle.
Rated 14 Jan 2014
It's a fun Disney movie, and it may be one that younger people will remember like I do with the Lion King. It looks beautiful, there are some fun moments and it's got a pretty good story.
Rated 02 Feb 2014
Carried by the strength of a catchy as all get out soundtrack and a pair of fascinating and endearing leads Frozen continues Disney's ongoing return to glory. From the stunning music to the heartfelt story to the gorgeous effects, there's not much to dislike here, and while the story occasionally loses steam and focus, the film as a whole succeeds in making you fall in love with its characters, and leaves you wanting more. Welcome to the new Disney renaissance.
Rated 17 Feb 2014
There is so much hype for this film. Everyone is singing the songs, everyone is quoting dialogue - and that isn't always the kids! So I had to get around to watching it at some point. The music is pretty top-notch and I'm not usually a fan of musicals. There is quite a lot of it though and some transitions into and out of them are a bit scruffy. It does also seem rather rushed overall with its rather odd pacing, but its charm should melt many a frozen heart.
Rated 04 May 2014
The whole plot didn't need to happen if the parents weren't stupid in the beginning, but the rest was fine.
Rated 05 Jul 2015
While Frozen inevitably fell victim to its market saturation, revisiting the film after the craze wore off benefits it greatly. The voice casting, art direction, and composition are all top-notch, and the fact that it reads almost like a subversion of the entire Disney animated formula makes it far more interesting. While some scenes aren't stitched together perfectly and feel oddly placed, overall this film's fame and acclaim is well-deserved.
Rated 12 Jan 2014
This movie is delightful. :) The music is fun and the animation (especially of the snow) is gorgeous. I can't stop belting along to "Let It Go".
Rated 01 Mar 2014
I don't know how the movie managed to be good with all that awful, constant singing. However, it was really funny at parts; we see great personal growth of the characters and FINALLY the definition of "true love" is changed in the Disney movies. At least it's a good step forward. Yes, I like Disney's animation and the stories in general, but they are absolutely cliche, not believable and with weird moral story. "Frozen", thankfully, differ, and is, hopefully, a step in a new, better direction.
Rated 12 Mar 2014
A decent movie. I thought it lacked proper character development, favoring a bevy of montages instead. Let It Go is a really great song. The subversion of classic Disney princess cliches was appreciated but a little heavy-handed.
Rated 11 Oct 2014
Predictable plot and songs below par for Disney, but very entertaining and well made
Rated 24 Mar 2014
I knew what was happening the whole time, it didnt change the fact that this is a very well done movie. It was light, and entertaining and has a good message to boot.
Rated 12 Oct 2014
Disney knocks it out of the park again with another stunning animation underpinned by emotional themes. The estranged sisters are the powerful dual core processor of the film and they are ably helped by likeable comic relief characters and catchy musical numbers. Having said that, the action sequences, male characters, and kingdom of Arendelle all feel a little lacklustre and bare-bones. But these flaws can be forgiven thanks to the wintry Nordic beauty and classic tearjerking moments.
Rated 20 Jan 2014
Lacking a real antagonist, Frozen misses out on the bigger thrills, or laughs for that matter, but dares to be of a different Disney breed. If only they would've had the courage to go darker...
Rated 29 Dec 2014
I wasn't prepared for this one. Likeable characters, incredible soundtrack, and a decent storyline. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going soft...
Rated 19 Feb 2014
On the face of it, those uninterested in peering a little deeper into Frozen may find the film standard Disney fare. The studio itself may have thought the same thing since they didn't market the film very heavily and now it's smashing records. There are themes just beneath the snow in Frozen that are very new for the studio; the film is smart to deliver what you'd expect and bold to subvert the next predictable steps.
Rated 01 Jan 2019
(Rewatched for the nth time. This time I noted how many facial expressions are shown, especially by Elsa.) The music made this movie. Holds up well to multiple rewatches. Pacing is off and the plot doesn't hold up, but whatever, it's a children's movie. Didn't care for trolls. Disney's biggest hit in years. Decent message. Fav scene: Let It Go
Rated 28 Nov 2013
A highly entertaining animated film from Disney that has stunning animation and beautiful music. Probably the best 3D animation I've seen from Disney to date, at times it looks like a painting come to life. But then there is the story that is extremely predictable and filled with tropes. I still respect it greatly for its craft on the animation and music front, but the writing holds it back from being in the company of Disney classics such as The Lion King and Pinocchio.
Rated 24 Oct 2023
nice film. recently i have turned into a sucker for romances and its gotten real bad to the point ive been watching disney for romance. it has decent music with the musical vocals, it has nice morals and themes and its just pleasent to watch.
Rated 30 Dec 2013
That damn snowman stole the show
Rated 29 Nov 2013
Frozen is then, perhaps, family entertainment for a new generation. A confection sprinkled with a few suggestive asides that remains a sweet bucketful of ice cream, you might say, a smooth-textured story with quality messages mixed in. (pluggedin.com)
Rated 03 Apr 2015
Supplanted some stereotypes cleverly and happily and acceded to others with equal relish. It's a family film, however, and doesn't deserve heavy-handed criticism: it's a fun romp through the snow with some worthy things to say.
Rated 10 Jan 2014
I've gotten to old to watch stuff where they break out in song every five minutes. But it's solid Disney work as usual...
Rated 27 Nov 2013
One of this year's best animated films. . With a strong female lead who is actually funny and likable (instead of Pixar's attempt which was just a strong female with no other qualities) and a great message for Children, teens and adults. If only Disney kept up with the fantastic songs through the 3rd act instead of ditching singing completely after the horrendous Troll song. Also Olaf is the best support character since Mushu.
Rated 21 Dec 2013
A lesson to the drifting dudes at Pixar who did the awful brave, how it's done. Good writing, great songs, good twist on old story, animation so so.
Rated 08 Jan 2014
*farts*
Rated 07 Mar 2014
Cute, short, gets to the point. The first 10 min was a bit rushed if I was going to criticize anything but a good date movie for kids.
Rated 31 Jan 2014
This animation feature from disney feels like we are back in the days of Lion King. It shows sisterly love like never before in disney animation. And it leaves the norms of fairytales behind to get it's perfect storytelling around.
Rated 09 Dec 2013
I'm not gonna pull the whole "Best Disney film since x", since, well, I like a whole bunch of Disney movies. But I will say that Frozen is a heck of a movie, almost certainly the year's finest animated effort. It's packed with utterly stunning animation, the songs are instant classics, the direction is spot on, shot-for-shot, & the humour is well-judged, sitting neatly alongside the drama. The characters are strong and their dialogue is well-written, never descending into caricature. Beautiful.
Rated 28 Jan 2014
8- highly recommended, great :: Liked the way they twisted so many of the conventions of the genre, but really not a fan of that snowman.
Rated 24 Aug 2019
I love elsa!!!!!! I don't love Olaf!!!!!!!!!
Rated 01 Dec 2013
(2014-15 Disneython #47:) Not quite as good as last year's Wreck-It Ralph but hands-down better than Tangled. The characters are well-developed and the music is generally catchy, though probably not among Disney's all-time best. The snowman can be both funny and little annoying. However, there's a plot twist in the movie's final act that genuinely took me totally by surprise - something very few movies period did this year, not just kids movies - and that's a good feeling at the movies.
Rated 15 Oct 2021
I am not the target audience for this. It came out before my nieces were born, and they still want to be Elsa for Halloween. So, why listen to me? Ask the 6-year old in your life how they feel about Frozen.
Rated 23 Apr 2014
I wasn't as tuned into the movie as I was into my 6yo niece's live commentary. I wish I'd paid more attention to the animation. That said, I'm all for princesses who have bed hair, drool, kick ass and save themselves. Also, true love being sisterly love was really sweet.
Rated 10 Dec 2013
A great entry into the Disney canon with a lot to recommend. It has some fantastic music, memorable characters (the sibling relationship between our female leads is very well realized), lots of humour and some damn impressive animation. Only real complaint is that I was so impressed by the beginning of the film that the middle and end didn't quite match up, but overall it's great stuff.
Rated 21 Dec 2013
Snow looked great, and Olaf was surprisingly entertaining. Lots of the environments are bland and empty, characters are fake and weak, story is flawed and possibly one of the worst to come from Disney. Lazy on so many levels. In the end it was mildly entertaining but it wasn't nearly enough to hide an awful story.
Rated 08 Dec 2013
Much better than recent Disney film, but didn't quite hit as good as films like Lion King or Beauty and the Beast. Great animation and even some twists on the Disney cliches. Must watch for fans of Disney or families. Also with voice from Broadway singer Idena Menzel the music is awesome.
Rated 02 Dec 2013
Between Bolt, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph and now this, Disney is four for four with their computer-animated offerings. The story takes quite a few unexpected turns and ends up being a refreshing twist on conventional fairy tale tropes.
Rated 12 Mar 2014
It's okay, guys. Young girls like sparkly dresses, so that girl puts on a magical sparkly dress during that one song. It's female wish fulfillment, not some kind of sudden sexualization. Everybody just needs to relax.
Rated 21 Mar 2015
When it comes to a movie like Frozen opinions are often divided. Personally, I thought that Frozen reminded me of some of my favorite Disney movies from the late 80s, early 90s. Frozen is a Disney movie, if you're expecting something else from it I don't know what to say. There were a few weaknesses in the story and in the music as a whole, but overall I found it to be one of the better Disney movies I've seen recently. I can certainly understand the love that Frozen gets.
Rated 09 Jan 2014
Its biggest detractors are the singing numbers and snowman character, both of which are unnecessary and annoying. I liked Tangled, but this repeats too much to be anything new or worthwhile.
Rated 06 Feb 2017
As a parent, it is impossible to avoid this film, luckily it is not bad at all. The animation is really high quality, the dialogue hits a high note here and there...it is palatable. The opening song was great, but the rest of the musical part was underwhelming considering generally that part is the forte of this kind of Disney movies. The next step is to interact with these characters in Disneyland with a kid dressed like Elsa or Anna; it is hard to be a parent :)
Rated 27 Nov 2013
This may be a better Disney animated musical than Beauty And The Beast. 2 sisters are kept apart & isolated because of their parents' fear of the older sister Elsa's power to freeze things. Little sister Anna doesn't understand & her sister's magical powers are regarded as a dark secret. Don't look for much of the original Snow Queen plot. About all that's left is the ride on the reindeer. But just go with the flow & enjoy the songs. Kids were singing along!
Rated 29 Dec 2013
Beautiful and funny though it fizzles out towards the end.
Rated 14 Apr 2014
I see why this is catching on, it's practically fan service to people that have watched the other princess movies again and again. But I grew really tired of the frequency of the songs and the plot was so predictable that it couldn't make up for it despite enjoyable characters, great animation and a few chuckles. If you find yourself singing Disneys songs a lot, though, I can't blame you for being all over this.