1999
Sci-fi
Nearly twenty years after their hit TV series was canceled, the five stars of "Galaxy Quest" are still in costume, making appearances at science fiction conventions for their legions of die-hard fans. They unexpectedly find themselves back in action when a group of aliens arrive at a convention and whisk Commander Taggart (Allen) and his crew into space to help them in their all-too-real war against a deadly adversary. (Dreamworks)

1999
Sci-fi

Rated 02 Mar 2008
This is the essence of parody: The totally faithful send-up of the whole Star-Trek phenom. But so well acted and polished it stands out as a gem in it's own right.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
This film is simple, but great in its simplicity. Everyone is perfectly cast, and this is probably Tim Allen's last GOOD role.
Rated 20 Sep 2007
This is what should have happened to Shatner.
Rated 27 Aug 2008
Really, actually funny, even if you're not a sci-fi person. And the characters have actual arcs! Wow.
Rated 06 Mar 2008
When I went into theaters, I thought this was going to be the stupidest movie ever. The previews made it look so cheesy. But BOY OH BOY WAS I WRONG.
Rated 31 May 2018
One of the best comedies I've seen. Continuously entertaining.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Absolutely excellent Star Trek parody - very funny!
A movie with Tim Allen that actually doesn't suffer due to his involvment. Maybe that's because he has Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, Alan Rickman, and Sam Rockwell to pick up any slack - not to mention the wickedly funny script.
Rated 24 Jun 2012
excellent
Rated 17 Oct 2007
Hilarious, if youre a trekkie.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
Funny good job.
Rated 02 Sep 2023
Much better than it has any right to be, mainly due to the cast. This is my kind of comedy sci-fi film (I can't stand shows like 'Red Dwarf').
Rated 28 Dec 2007
A pretty clever sci-fi spoof. I liked Alan Rickman's character the most. His droll delivery really makes the lines quite amusing.
If it weren't for Tim Allen, this would be a perfect satire of Star Trek and its fans. The perfectly-cast Alan Rickman pushes this from groaner to grinner.
Rated 07 Dec 2009
The true tenth Star Trek film.
Rated 15 Oct 2009
Hilarious!
Rated 14 Oct 2008
Silly fun.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
A nice jab at STAR TREK, with more jokes that only Trekkies will, or care, to get.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
A nice surprise. Go in with low expectations, and you will enjoy yourself. Alan Rickman is always worth watching.
Rated 15 Dec 2014
Their show has been canceled but their roles have not. A group of down-on-their-luck actors find their services being requested by a group of aliens who do not understand they are not really space heroes. Galaxy Quest has fun as a send-up of Star Trek in a movie filled with comedy, action, and even taking a moment for poignant moments for the characters in self-discovery and gives the viewer reason to cheer on our heroes. Funny and action-filled from start to finish.
Rated 15 Mar 2022
Is it good? I don't know; it is competently made and thoroughly enjoyable. The simplistic plot can be forgiven because it is parodying a simplistic show, and therefore, it doesn't really hit my radar as dumbed down, more like following the necessary arc of such a story being told.
Rated 10 Mar 2009
never give up, never surrender
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Good parody movie that actually stands on its own
Rated 18 Aug 2007
Very funny, intelligent satire about sci-fi movies and the movie business in general
Rated 23 Aug 2008
Wonderful comedy, and Alan Rickman is great.
Rated 27 Mar 2023
Comedy is not my favorite genre and that's because not every movie is Galaxy Quest.
Rated 12 Sep 2007
Very funny sci-fi
Rated 03 Aug 2007
As a friend said, "This is the best Star Trek movie."
Rated 18 Jul 2023
Decently funny. Too much action and overwrought drama toward the end however.
Rated 24 Aug 2008
Take that, trek-nazis!
Rated 26 Jun 2007
Funnier than you'd expect.
Rated 21 Jun 2008
A comedy more than a sci-fi film, Galaxy Quest mocks Trekkies to the extreme, and anything that degrades Trekkies is golden in my book. :)
Rated 19 Jul 2009
What a terrific spoof on Star Trek and Geeks and Fans. Fantastic.
Rated 09 Mar 2023
I wasn't sure how much I'd get out of this, having not seen a ton of Star Trek, but I think it's funny enough and entertaining enough on its own that most people would enjoy it and the general sci-fi / fandom satire it's portraying. It has some pretty hilarious and quotable lines, and the great cast all seem like they're having fun.
Rated 04 Aug 2007
Hey, Trekkies who migh want to see this movie, know what? YOU SUCK!
Rated 28 Apr 2015
While I wouldn't call Galaxy Quest a deep or thought provoking movie, it was a lot of fun. It's basically a satire/spoof of Star Trek and the culture it has developed around it. Being knowledgeable regarding Star Trek will help you enjoy the movie, but it's not completely necessary. It winds up both being a funny comedy and a competent sci-fi adventure of its own.
Rated 16 Feb 2009
Very funny and if you were a Star Trek fan it played with your sense of humor and your heart. Very satisfying and Allen and Weaver and especially Shalhoub were great
Rated 17 Oct 2007
Great genre satire. Why is it listed as scifi? IT'S COMEDY!
Pretty horrible, if it wasn't for the cleavage towards the end I would have burned the copy I watched.
Rated 27 May 2007
One of my guilty pleasures. A funny action comedy where you just know there will be a happy ending. Extra funny if you're a Star Trek fan.
Rated 22 Jun 2023
An ode to geekdom, a celebration of a masterpiece, a precise parody and a damn good movie all in one. Featuring an exceptional ensemble cast with particular show-stealing prowess from Rickman, Weaver & Rockwell, meta nods both overt & 5 layers deep, and a near flawless representation of the complex relationship between Shatner & Nimoy, Galaxy Quest simultaneously matches tone with both the best & worst of Star Trek films and manages to exceed beyond all of them.
Rated 01 Oct 2012
This was a fun movie and Tim Allen was great. Seeing Sigourney show cleavage at a tough moment was funny, it reminded me some of those cheesy 1970s sci-fi movies. What happens to a bunch of TV show actors when their show is thought to be a broadcast of real life and those watching want their help? One to watch again and again.
Rated 06 Jul 2009
Sigourney weaver looks oddly feminine in this
Rated 23 Jun 2008
It's been 8 years since I've seen this but I remember liking it.
Rated 09 Oct 2010
I didn't have particularly high hopes when I saw the DVD cover but this film turned out pretty alright. I mean, I laughed at least once and smiled a handful of times so it was an enjoyable experience. Good enough to watch, basically.
Rated 05 Nov 2009
cheesy, but solid
Rated 24 Oct 2008
Bleh...
Rated 01 Apr 2020
If you haven't seen it it's a fun watch with plenty of laughs.
Rated 17 Aug 2011
This is a great comedy. If you think otherwise, well, that's your opinion but I weep for you.
Rated 20 Jan 2019
This movie is a total guilty pleasure. Its not a movie I just go seek out but EVERY FRICKIN' TIME its on tv I watch it. I can't help it.
Rated 20 Nov 2013
the octopus aliens who haven't quite got humanity down are the only highlight of this movie. but it's hard rating parodies
Rated 12 Apr 2016
Galaxy Quest was much better than I could have ever imagined. It's a nice little satire of the Star Trek community. Tim Allen isn't a great leading man, but I couldn't think of a better type of movie for him to head up, especially with the great supporting cast around him.
Rated 25 May 2013
This one's just fun to watch, but certainly not a mystery of film or anything spectacular like that. I often let the music influence my rating too much, and that definitely lowered the rating here. It felt like a canned reenactment of the Best of John Williams... On Ice or something. Decently funny, still, and a cast that seems to work together pretty well.
If I hadn't seen it 465 times allready, I'm certain I would still really like it. Great parody/homage to Star Trek fans and suchlike.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
I found this very entertaining, actually
Rated 20 Nov 2008
I really, truly, thoroughly love this movie, not only from the perspective of a film fan who's into sarcastic sci-fi but from the perspective of a reasonably experienced sci-fi convention attendee. WOW did they get Justin Long's fanboy character dead right! Sigourney Weaver appears to have a great deal of fun with her Anti-Ripley character, and Alan Rickman rocks just like he has since Hans Gruber brought him to our attention.
Rated 23 Oct 2007
A charming Star Trek spoof with some genuinely great moment, but sadly not as funny as it thinks it is and the oddly appealing black heart of script was lost in editing room, making this film watchable and enjoyable, but far from a classic.
Rated 15 Jan 2013
Hahaha. Galaxy Quest. Jesus.
Rated 02 Aug 2013
Overacting abounds in this absurd spoof of all spaceship dramas, which I guess makes sense, being as the main characters are all second rate TV actors. The premise is ridiculous and the movie does best when it fully embraces that absurdity.
Rated 20 May 2015
Damn, is this movie ever clever! While I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, this movie is a great satire of that franchise and its fans. Even for today's standards the cast is all star caliber. One of my favorite highlights is Alan Rickman who plays the actor who resents his character and catchphrase. I went into this movie with low expectations but came out pleasantly surprised. There are plenty of laughs to be had. Galaxy Quest gets a big recommendation from me. 4 STARS
Rated 20 Mar 2010
A clever spoof on a popular show type that jumps to a fun twist. The choice of actors really does make it worth the watch.
Rated 15 Jun 2008
Good, even if it ruined sci fi conventions for me.
Rated 20 Aug 2007
Good laugh-out-loud comedy, with several fun references for nerds.
Rated 01 Apr 2009