Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

2004
Comedy, Family/Kids
Garfield marks the long-awaited motion picture debut of America's favorite feline and the world's laziest cat. (20th Century Fox)
Franchise: Garfield
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

Jim Davis' bland non-offensive humour is just as entertaining on the big screen as it is in the comics (that is to say not at all).
I've gome to the conclusion that I am the only one that likes garfiled anymore. But I grew up with that Lasagna loving cat. This unfortunately is not the movie that it should have been. It did not capture the spirit of the strip. Bad writing, Jon was just wrong, The vet was even worse. Why was Garfield CGI but not Odie or Nermal? This could have been so much better.
Made me want to beat myself with an aluminum bat.
Garfield loves lasagna and hates mondays, almost as much as I hate this movie.
While some elements of it work quite well, like the design of the CGI Garfield himself along with his voice, there are a lot of elements which are simply totally wrong. The mix of CGI with real life animals in the place of characters like Odie feels cheap, the plotline is weak and feels designed for small children, musical moments feel tacked on, this take on Garfield has a nasty character and it generally lacks any developed humour. It looks like Garfield, but it's not the right cat.

12 Collections including 8 Collaborative and 4 Public