2000
Jack Carter, a mob enforcer living in Las Vegas, travels back to his hometown of Seattle for his brother's funeral. During this visit, Carter realizes that the death of his brother was not accidental, but a murder. With this knowledge, Carter sets out to kill all those responsible. (imdb)

2000

Rated 23 Oct 2016
In honor of the Cubs making it to the World Series last night I thought I'd review a film that encapsulates my feelings. So here's the Get Carter remake, a film I don't care about and hope I don't hear about again for another seventy years.
Rated 12 Nov 2009
"Get Carter" of 2000 isn't just an unnecessary remake, it's an unnecessary film altogether. While the film has a handful of decent performances, the whole thing is an unbelievable bore. Stallone, the star of the show, has zero interesting qualities. The plot hinges on the murder of someone that never gets introduced. The action and violence are so underwhelming and poorly constructed. Much of filming and editing is so odd, and the overall pacing is excruciatingly slow.
Rated 04 May 2014
My ex told me that she just saw a great movie called Get Carter. So I raced out to the theater despite my reservations about Stallone movies. Afterwards, I asked her "WTF were you thinking???" She replied, "I meant the one with Michael Caine. I didn't even know there was a remake." Did I tell you we broke up because of communication problems?
Rated 27 May 2007
An absolutely fucking atrocious travesty of an insult to the wonderful original. Decapitate yourself rather than see it.
Rated 14 Mar 2009
A profoundly pointless remake, and very annoyingly edited to boot. It is kind of funny to see Michael Caine playing a minor supporting role in a remake of his own film, though.
Rated 26 Sep 2014
Get Carter is one of the worst, strangest and most unnecessary remakes I can recall. I love the original British version starring Michael Caine. I'm just glad that this awful remake is unrecognisable of the original. Sylvester Stallone doesn't take his opportunity of a comeback after a miserable decade. And ushering in Michael Caine for a cameo was cringeworthy. This is just a completely pointless and forgettable remake.
Rated 14 Sep 2011
Poor remake of a genuine classic. Skip it, and watch the Michael Caine version instead.
Rated 29 Mar 2012
Not that I liked the original very much, but this one makes it look like a masterpiece.
Rated 04 Jul 2012
Rated 13 Aug 2012
I like this monologue very much: you take care of the business, business will take care of you
Rated 07 Sep 2012
Either I saw a butchered version or there were serious production and cutting-room problems. Score based on partial viewing.
Rated 03 Aug 2014
lacks any interesting performances from the cast, its poorly directed, poorly paced, hell even the soundtrack ranged from mindnumbing to obnoxious. i had no idea what kay was trying to accomplish..some kind of hackjob neonoir shenanigans. i had no idea who kay was or what else he has directed...LOLed to see he wrote the appallingly boring and lowrent "mod squad" which i put myself through not too long ago. stephen kay is a name that i forget at my own risk now.
Rated 04 Nov 2010
ger; [Get Carter - Die Wahrheit tut weh]; das mafiamitglied jack sucht nach hintergründen für den tod seines bruders und findet einen sumpf des verbrechens.;
Rated 26 Aug 2015
Sylvester Stallone stars as a vengeful mobster who scours the underworld to avenge the murder of his brother.
Rated 15 May 2016
worth a watch
Rated 19 Oct 2016
Rated 06 Feb 2018
Sly's macho movie star shtick had grown tired by 2000, and his career began unravelling with this pointless remake of G.C, a tired and formulaic genre exercise that even he regrets making. Director Kay presumably knew this was lousy material because he works overtime trying to inject some style into it, but his gloomy noir like visuals are pure affectation, and his stylistic flourishes are mostly a complete bust. It's also a strangely edited and paced film that never finds its feet.
Rated 19 Jan 2019
This is in the top ten for pointless remakes. Gone is any suaveness or tact or coolness. Caine's presence is just a reminder in how much this pales in comparison.
Rated 06 Mar 2019
Stallone quality.
Rated 24 Jun 2023
Still trying to work out why a superb actor like Stallone end up doing a movie like this.
Rated 11 Nov 2010
Carter's gone soft and the whole movie follows suit. A perfect example of a needless remake that made only bad changes to the original.
Rated 26 Apr 2007
Couldn't take it seriously.
Rated 29 Dec 2009
Ok. In the original Michael Caine travels from Cosmopolitan London to the working class streets of Newcastle. In the remake Stallone leaves Las Vegas for... Seattle. How does this work? If I made a modern American Get Carter Stallone would travel from New York to Cleveland, Pittsburg, or Detroit. Not the most forward thinking progressive city in America. This film lacks the raw grittiness that made the original so unique and is thus boring, bland, and just doesn't stand up as a remake. Avoid it
Rated 27 Sep 2009
Another Caine remake that never should have been.
Rated 29 May 2008
any kind of bad ass killing movie like this is an instant classic in my book, i just wish there were more of them.
Rated 08 Mar 2008
More of a drama than an action picture. This picture sports some great lines, most of which end up in the preview, & when the big scary guy turns it on, it's pretty violent. The excitement is little & far between & the plot/story somewhat dull. Filmed in lots of odd tracking & pans with flashy editing giving it an interesting dark feel. Decent opening credits.
Rated 23 Jan 2008
A Stallone blood fest with a flimsy plot and explosions. At the time I watched this I loved Stallone so that's why it receives the ranking it does at all.
Rated 17 Dec 2007
Ok, but not a patch on the original. Toe knee :-)
Rated 17 Sep 2007
decent acting, boring remake
Rated 24 Aug 2007
Wow, this could have been the great comeback for Sly, but instead it kind of sucked. Especially the fight with Mickey Roarke.
Rated 24 Aug 2007
Very Good
Rated 15 Aug 2007
Some cooked up excuse to have Stallone go Rambo on people's asses.
not memorable
I was genuinely surprised by Stallone's acting in this one. A must-see for anyone looking for a good story, great action, and kick-ass fun.
The good (Stallone and RLC's interactions, Mickey Rourke's speaking parts, John C. McGinley) isn't nearly enough to outweigh the bad here. It's kinda boring, badly characterized, poorly choreographed, the soundtracks blows (and is overbearing), and the direction just isn't very good. Oh, and there's no real resolution at the end of the flick. Cool.
Rated 21 May 2007
A so so action flcik designed to show the brawn of Stalone, just about like every other movie he has ever been in.