0 rankings

Get Out ()

Your Rating

Summary: A young African-American man visits his Caucasian girlfriend's mysterious family estate.

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Get Out belongs to 6 collections
1. Directorial debut (public: moderated by djross - 11 stars)
2. Best of criticker: Mystery (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 5 stars)
3. Best of criticker: Horror (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 1 star)
4. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
5. Movies I've Seen In Theaters (private: SirStuckey)
6. jeff_h's films to remember (private: jeff_h)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Mar 28 josefk999
82T9
Mar 28 hughesj11
93T10
An exceptional directional debut from the talented Jordan Peele which showcases not only masterful film making but excellent performances all round from a talented cast and an incredible story written by Peele which will you leave you both laughing, crying and thinking for days to come.
Mar 28 Rufam Rufam
Mar 27 KMcNeil KMcNeil
7T8
Mar 27 Luna6ix Luna6ix
79T7
Despite nearly universal glowing reviews, don't expect something completely original or utterly terrifying. What you will get is a fairly fun movie that has a couple great comedic touches while still maintaining it's horror nature. It's a competent movie with a slightly derivative plot that will remind you of several other horror movies, but just enough differences to keep you guessing along the way, and it certainly doesn't divulge too much plot too quickly, one catastrophic mistake for many.
Mar 27 TheSaberfool TheSaberfool
Mar 27 braddad68
94T8
Mar 27 spyce
82T9
Mar 27 HPButtcraft HP_Buttcraft
Mar 27 snogs snogs
75T9
Being That Guy From Black Mirror (whisper) sinking lisa... stinky lisa...
Mar 26 Roz Roz
Mar 26 TheAutomaton
Mar 26 Skrabbles Skrabbles
Mar 26 Monisit Monisit
90T9
Starts off a bit slow, but once stuff starts getting really weird, the entire movie starts to shift and reveal itself to be a horror masterpiece that is sparse with comedic elements, but a horror film up and foremost. And it definitely works as something that is both unsettling, getting under the skin, and absurd.
Mar 26 mjbreuer
4T8
Mar 23 estragon
Mar 22 mandy mandy
7T8
An interesting blend of social drama and thriller, A compelling and entertaining watch.
Mar 22 JaiGuy JaiGuy
75T4
I would never imagine that a comedy person could direct a tense movie like this. What a bizarre horror/thriller, or whatever you wanna call it. High marks for originality.
Mar 21 eleanor eleanor
Mar 21 Josh_Forrest Josh Forrest
65T8
Mar 21 Nichololas
80T7
This was .. not what I expected going in. A lot funnier in places than I expected. Ratcheted up the tension nicely, although perhaps a little clunkily in some places. Superb acting throughout from Daniel Kaluuya. Brilliantly creepy moments from the other black cast members (I want to know if that single tear shed by Betty Gabriel was real). Satisfying ending. If horror movies are a snapshot reflection of society's current issues then this doesn't paint us in a particularly good light.
Mar 20 fuzzleshnops fuzzleshnops
88T9
"I would have voted for Obama a third time"
Mar 20 ns_ian
Mar 19 Shewrats
89T8
Mar 19 Bown Bown
87T9
Sometimes Peele's inexperience with directing is clear, and the TSA agent subplot was a little too overtly comedic and unnecessary sometimes, but otherwise holy HELL what a sharp, disturbing movie. The racial themes are portrayed intelligently, and with slightly more subtlety than you would expect, while the dialogue rings true. Cast are perfect for their roles, and there are some remarkable visuals. The amount of little details you only catch in hindsight makes it even better.
Mar 19 Communicants Communicants
Mar 19 Evan_D Evan D
30T2
Mar 18 prepwrestler
10T1
A liberal film, portraying white people and police officers as racists and bullies
Mar 18 Nickburger Nickburger
Mar 17 4TIPaR
Mar 17 MrOcean Mr.Ocean
Mar 17 Filligan Filligan
81T5
This is an example of how almost any film can be a good film if there's talent and general competence behind the camera. Turns out Peele is a great director with an exact attention to detail and atmosphere. He also somehow manages to, for the most part, create a horror-comedy where the comedy doesn't zap energy from the thrills. At times it clashes, almost feels like it's a different movie when it goes on too long, but overall this was a solid time in the theatre.
Mar 17 apokalyptic
Mar 15 madirosina
15T10
Mar 15 CinemaAsia Cinema_Asia
85T10
This doesn't provide new national introspection when it comes to America's troubled race relations. What makes it quite unique is how it cleverly weaves multiple race topics as a very well executed genre film. There are creepy character interactions throughout which analyze issues like white entitlement over the minority mind and body, interracial dating, stereotypes, and paranoid assumptions. It never gets preachy and goes all out in its overarching theme about racial trust and betrayal.
Mar 15 Darren Darren
91T9
I'm unsure why this isn't the film that conservatives are heaping praise on? It paints the picture of race in America exactly of they say in that it's actually rich Liberals who are the most racist. Anyway, great film making. Glad we got people still pissin off yt's with movies like this. I dunno hit that and quit that if need be.
Mar 15 mclb1218
95T10
Almost everything about this movie is perfect. I can't wait to see what Jordan Peele will do next.
Mar 15 spoiledff7
55T3
Mar 15 Kingjohnbbq Kingjohnbbq
97T10
Saw the main actor of this movie on the tv show Black Mirror, I knew he was going to be something big from that episode alone. This movie solidifies that thought. he definitely has great range and charisma, can't wait to see more from him. Jordan Peele made such a great mixture of comedy, suspense and horror with this film, for a first time director, this is an amazing start. I already loved Key and Peele, now it seems they're just giving me more reasons to continue doing the same.
Mar 15 manilc
Mar 15 filmaffinity filmaffinity
69T8
Mar 15 GeneShalit GeneShalit
95T6
and GET IN to the nearest multiplex showing Get Out!
Mar 15 Ziltoid Ziltoid
Mar 14 TheMarkle
70T7
Mar 14 ericambler
92T10
A bold, assured directorial debut for Jordan Peele, GET OUT is one of the most impeccably designed and executed horror films in years. Using the vernacular of suspense thrillers, it posits a timely and timeless statement on the terrifying razor's edge that people of color are forced to walk in regards to identity, agency, and freedom. It is the rare film that can be appreciated on its surface level--a stinging potboiler with great performances--while inviting and rewarding deeper contemplation.
Mar 13 MRobitussin M.Robitussin
80T6
Mar 12 Timmer
Mar 12 xacviant
81T6
Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) goes with his girlfriend Rose (Allison Williams) to visit her parents at their rural home. But he's black and they're white, and his unease about the situation is soon validated. Tips its hand a bit too early, and suffers from an uncertain tone in the first half, but settles down in the second half to become a superbly nerve-wracking - and quite funny - allegory for modern race relations. Jordan Peele makes a very promising directorial debut; the cast is overall solid.
Mar 12 eats_almonds eats-almonds
6T10
Obvious and literal, but also subtle and intelligent. The sunken place is properly spooky. I seriously hope I don't sound as white as that dad.
Mar 12 blucthulhu
88T6
Mar 10 Temptershell Temptershell
Mar 10 Criminal5 Alex Watkins
8T7
Tends more towards the "comedy" side of horror-comedy than I might have preferred, but it's a unique concept handled with panache and style, with a less obvious, and more nuanced, take on racism than you might assume at first glance. Who knew Peele was such a strong director?
Mar 10 rolotony rolotony
18T10
Mar 10 FoxyRussian FoxyRussian ()
94T9
Amazingly intricate horror thriller. I felt uneasy the entire time watching. Jordan Peele is able to tell a famialr story that hits on a lot of horror beats and cliches, but tell them with a focus on racial issues, which makes these beats and cliches feel fresh. Peele uses his humor timing to great affect by using the same timing with scares. Everything comes backs to be important to the story, which is amazing. Only problem is the grilfriend's acting was sometimes hit or miss
Mar 10 jbissell jbissell
75T5
Mar 10 dswearin
32T8
Mar 10 britneeee britneeee
Mar 10 Corbad Corbad
85T9
Executed with precision and talent. Terrifying, affecting, and, at its end, so satisfying as to warrant a round of applause from the cinema audience.
Mar 10 4ITkX7
96T10
Mar 09 Dardy
Mar 09 Seethruskin Seethruskin
6T10
Those white chicks always get you.
Mar 09 MadMan MadMan
Mar 07 drewTO
93T9
Mar 07 goldbluming Goldbluming
82T8
Too literal for my liking at the end, but the rest of the movie was brilliant.
Mar 07 flubbin flubbin
Mar 06 filmfreak88 filmfreak88
65T5
Mar 06 SirStuckey SirStuckey
85T9
A wonderful horror/thriller involving modern issues that movies rarely seem to talk about. The acting was superb, especially by Kaluuya and Whitford. The humor was mostly welcome but did feel out of place a time or two. Would probably be a very rewarding rewatch as you can point out extra tells by dialogue and action that is foreshadowing that you missed the first time through. I am very happy Jordan Peele's directorial debut was a success and look forward to his upcoming works.
Mar 06 cdub12
Mar 06 AICHEG AICHE
72T5
Mar 06 JacoIII JacoIII
44T8
Just a very good horror film, with some comedy elements, about race in America. I've always been a sucker for scary movies about social issues (eg Rosemary's Baby) especially when they're this well written.
Mar 06 mcaustic
61T8
Much better than the 2004 remake of The Stepford Wives.
Mar 06 torbern
85T8
A frightening exploration of modern racism dressed up as a fun, slowly-unraveling Hitchcockian thriller; and highly effective on both levels.
Mar 05 yesistasty yesistasty
Mar 04 Winston4th
83T8
Mar 04 Weyland Weyland
89T10
Explores the kind of racism Hollywood HATES actually talking about. Perfect in almost every way, and even more impressive because it's the director and actors' both first big movies.
Mar 04 sellis
Mar 03 badjuice bad_juice
65T9
Mar 03 Noblet Noblet
75T6
A very nice theater experience. The film's not a completely successful blend of horror and comedy but it's still a very fun time.
Mar 03 breetz breetz
96T9
Mar 03 v2MDnH
Mar 03 okayfrog okayfrog
55T3
I feel like Jordan Peele succeeded at what he was getting at here, but what do I know, I'm a suburban white man. Got a few laughs here or there.
Mar 02 chiphall72
45T5
Mar 02 jpims12
Mar 01 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
80T7
I feel like I'm the only person who thought this was going to be awful. Jordan Peele does not usually impress me and I thought this would devolve into generic wannabe horror with lazy, self-important "This is how black people view white people" messaging. What I got was... intense. Interesting. Mostly smart. And really, quite good. When you're dealing with this sub-genre of horror, your antagonists will usually be a little kabuki-ish, and that's true here too, but damn. Peele proved me wrong.
Mar 01 Hofschneider Hofschneider
Mar 01 CDoz
Mar 01 caprimode
Mar 01 CinematicESP CinematicESP
Mar 01 tliu9
Mar 01 twincinema twincinema
90T10
A great horror film. One of the real horrors is the racism hiding behind a liberal facade. I like that the film doesn't become bleak nihilism; instead, it's a fun thrill ride until the end.
Mar 01 MetaCritic2 MetaCritic2
83T10
Mar 01 avgcrtckr avgcrtckr
75T10
Mar 01 natebarrios natebarrios
80T8
'i'm gonna keep my expectations grounded...' *'Redbone' plays* 'fuck, this is gonna be good.'
Mar 01 scottmcc scott.mcc
Mar 01 PerroNoche!
Mar 01 pck00
85T5
Feb 28 MontyCircus MontyCircus
60T7
It started out alright, but it won me over in the final third or so and ended up being a good time at the movies.
Feb 28 Chayeh Hipsteresque
84T7
Feb 28 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
92T10
Jordan Peele masterfully blends tension and suspense with genuine laughs. Skin crawling anxiety gets inside your head, and not even the gut busting laughter can fully begin to sooth it. An obvious fan of the genre, Jordan Peele wrote a fantastic horror film. Not only a sharp commentary on race, but simply a smart horror script. The story logic never had audiences yelling at the screen at stupid character decisions, but instead cheering on the main character with applause.
Feb 28 rebeccalex rebeccalex
75T6
The first horror/comedy I enjoyed, I would watch it again!
Feb 28 jfreeman jfreeman
85T10
Feb 28 deaddilly deaddilly
75T8
"Get Out" feels innovative and is genuinely thrilling, which is more than could be said for any other horror/thriller I've seen recently. It wears its influences on its sleeve but never manages to capture the subtle menace of films like "Rosemary's Baby" or "Funny Games". It tends to be heavy handed, but what its missing in nuance it makes up for in message. Peele's energetic debut looks to be a sign for a unique and exciting career ahead.
Feb 28 drylandcroc drylandcroc
60T5
Feb 28 myfavchords
85T9
This is a great directorial debut for Jordan Peele. The script is great, this is a really well made horror film. The cast does an excellent job. I highly recommend this film.
Feb 28 MentalCritic MentalCritic
Feb 27 Shellish Shellish
80T8
PERFECT casting with great visuals, a fun tale that I would likely categorize under "Suspense" before "Horror". You surely spend a lot of time fearing for the main character, though. More than that, however, I chuckled at the many playful jabs and lines.
Feb 27 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
Feb 27 keanseenan keanseenan
76T6
Feb 27 FarCryss Suture Self
5T5
As much as I wanted to love it, I couldn't help but think it was much sillier than it needed to be. Instead of making a truly terrifying and crazy movie with its concept, it settles for b-movie fun. That's all well and good, but for some reason I wanted more. As a thriller it isn't that satisfying because the reveal is painfully obvious to anyone with even the slightest bit of foresight, and the satire, while good, is pretty straightforward.
Feb 27 Stewball Stewball
50T2
It started off as a modern take on "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" but gradually turned stagnant as the typical horror theme emerged. The Father summed up the underlying theme of the movie when he said he'd have voted for Obama a third time. There is some other good humor (not all intentional) included as well.
Feb 27 jdiaz
Feb 26 kmb43xgame
93T9
Feb 26 Mentaculus Mentaculus
91T10
Horror is a surprising vehicle for empathy. Few genres are able to so deftly enter the perspective of a character and pry out internal fears, subjective realities, and inner demons. What works so brutally well here is the way Peele slowly, eerily, gives passive racial/racist assumptions and cliches an uncanny physicality. For the runtime, I was seeing the world through Chris' eyes. And given the plot of the film, as a white person, this fact is absolutely terrifying in more ways than one.
Feb 26 panchovilla
74T5
Feb 26 Warren Warren
77T5
Feb 26 owl89135
8T7
Feb 26 BlakeEngel
9T7
A great mix of suspense, horror and laugh-out-loud comedy, Jordan Peele proves to be a very capable director as well as writer. It's surprising how many laughs are in this movie, despite an overall sense of dread and fear. Just an enjoyable movie.
Feb 26 Eignarom Eignarom
87T10
Feb 26 JJJensen
84T6
Feb 25 Kerc Kerc
19T5
Feb 25 fenixdown fenixdown
84T9
Super disturbing! I always love a fresh idea in the horror genre.
Feb 25 DancingP
77T8
Feb 25 T3hJohnson
28T6
Feb 25 acrolyne acrolyne
86T8
Feb 25 letskillrobots letskillrobots
10T3
Hits a really weird spot of not being serious enough (spoon hypnotism???) but not over the top enough, although the ending really does try. Really intriguing idea we don't see in film a lot, just not great execution on it.
Feb 25 Derek_ii Derek_