2024
Fantasy
-1h 59m
When the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second ice age. (imdb)

2024
Fantasy
-1h 59m

Rated 23 Mar 2024
This movie has a supporting cast the size of Lord of the Rings. Lose 5 characters and cut 20-30 minutes of the movie out and it goes from just barely funny enough to be decent, to probably a pretty good movie.
Rated 25 Mar 2024
I'm not going to say I HATE it but I don't recommend it. There's some decent nostalgia here for those who need it, for sure, and it's put together competently. It just feels lifeless. I didn't see Afterlife and I'm not a massive Ghostbusters fan in general, but at least the original was FUN. And if you're going to be serious, make characters/situations worth investing in.
Rated 24 Mar 2024
Didn't impress me as much as the previous movie, although I preferred the setting in this movie as well as the original Ghostbusters appearing in more of the movie. Mckenna Grace is once again the standout star of the movie, although Emily Alyn Lind did a good job too and was an interesting character. I thought the climax felt a little rushed to me so I'm not sure what some people are talking about there. Overall a decent movie, but nothing that stands out much.
Rated 23 Mar 2024
I didn't think it was so bad. Finn Wolfhard didn't have much to do. Final battle took a bit too long. I don't mind the nostalgia bait, but we didn't need half the characters. Did they cut out a love plot between the girls? Took awhile for Kumail to be funny. Fav scenes: grandma's sex dungeon; payoff with the matches.
Rated 03 Apr 2024
My favorite since the original Ghostbusters. Brings back those character and blends perfectly with new character. My ONLY criticism would be that there are so many characters, each don't really get enough screen time. Oh, and more bustin' needed!
Rated 19 Apr 2024
Rated 25 Mar 2024
Once again I guess I'm in somewhat of a minority here as these movies are giving me exactly what I want them to. I'm invested, I'm having a ton of fun, I'm not at all fatigued by the nostalgia-baiting, and I am here for Mckenna Grace's continuing trajectory as not only this franchise's MVP, but a thorough breakout star. I'm not in love with it, but on a "just entertain me" level, I have no notes. Keep making these movies just like this, and you're probably gonna get me every single time.
Rated 22 Mar 2024
Better than Afterlife, despite the flaws.
Rated 25 Mar 2024
My first impression is that I probably didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, but I still enjoyed it. There's arguably too many characters now, so some of the original cast like Finn and Logan Kim get more glossed over (though Kumail might've been my favorite addition, he's hilarious in his role), the sub-plot between Phoebe and the ghost felt kind of forced, and there's maybe not enough actual ghost busting. But, it manages to stay light-hearted, funny, and entertaining.
Rated 25 Mar 2024
Every young character is sarcastic, smug and unphased. Like nerdy Kardashians. It's unclear whether the goal was to be funny or impress tweens. Either way, their busting doesn't make anyone feel good. Highlights are the returning originals, Patton Oswalt giving much needed energy, and the special effects do deliver. After a dull pain of a first hour, the second half wraps things up more competently. It shouldn't be 2 hours anyway. 30 teenage minutes trimmed off the first half would do wonders.
Rated 30 Mar 2024
"Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire" is yet another installment in the Ghostbuster series. Fans of the previous films are likely to enjoy this one as well. However, it doesn't bring anything new to the table, with its most notable aspect being the homage it pays to its predecessors.
Rated 19 Apr 2024
Rated 30 Mar 2024
2024'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 79. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024) Can dostum @mehmetemineli1 ile izledik, beklentilerim oldukça düşüktü ama güzel eğlenceli vakit geçirdik. Tüm tuşlara basılmış, eski ekibi perdede görmek için bile izlenir. 6/10
Rated 26 Mar 2024
This film takes awhile to get to some real action. There are perhaps too many characters, introducing all the characters takes up a lot of time. There are some fun and funny moments in this film. Overall I would recommend this to fans of Ghostbusters.
Rated 18 Apr 2024
Too many characters and too much going on to care about any of it-the original ghostbusters was original and fun. This feels a bit soulless. Nadeem had the best lines and delivered them well.
Rated 02 Apr 2024
An entirely empty film with very few redeeming factors outside of the sets, props, etc, and a small handful of narrative elements, this is type of franchise entry that I despise. Can't stand when movies like this have countless bits that are entirely designed to have people recognize them and say "oh, like from the good Ghostbusters movie!" I wish they'd developed the human-ghost relationship a bit more. A bleak and cynical effort.
Rated 01 Apr 2024
I understand the lukewarm reviews on the whole. Personally, I didn't expect too much and was satisfied w the bulk of what was on offer here. I wanted a little fan service and some new blood elements. It's not perfect, but that's what I got. Some bad CGI in spots took me out of it a little, but overall it was decent enough. This is really Grace's movie and she performed well. 6.2.
Rated 25 Mar 2024
Ehhhhh. There is a difference between bad and absence of good. It's a shame because I quite liked Afterlive, despite its flaws. This film just trundles along.
Rated 16 Apr 2024
It's an extended version of the 80s cartoon. Fans of the series will have fun, but it felt like there was 20 minutes cut out of some of the plot lines.