Halloween Kills
Halloween-Kills

Halloween Kills

2021
Suspense/Thriller, Horror
The saga of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode continues in the next thrilling chapter of the Halloween series. (imdb)
Franchise: Halloween

I just wish someone would tell me whether or not evil dies tonight
You cannot substitute a good story with gore. The script was weak af and the plot basically non-existent. It simply fails as a horror film because it was not scary at all, there's no suspense either and, above all, it's boring.
Remember the end of the last Halloween when Laurie appears and says Happy Halloween Michael, pretty much every other character has their bad trailer clip moment. Everyone in Haddonfield gets that manic Loomis energy. Its 2 am and you're sleepy in bed and from outside you hear some madman hollering Noooooo the evil is here Michael speaks and says he is trans
A pretty enjoyable movie, but I was pretty disappointed overall. I thought the previous movie was a nice homage to the original, but this one did nothing to progress the established story or characters. Some of the kills got a bit too ridiculous for me too. The music is amazing and it’s actually really well directed and acted. I really dug the mob stuff and Tommy, but it just wasn’t executed well enough. This is just filler. It’s well made, but it should have been way better.
The thing about sequels - and even more so threequels or twelvequels or whateverthehell this is - is they need to have some sort of fresh idea to bring to the table beyond "Lotsamoney!", but not TOO fresh. Halloween Kills seems to try for a meta take, what fear does to people (even if those scenes are nicked wholesale from 99-year-old Nosferatu). But selling empathy and reason through a slasher is hard, and it all feels like an unfocused excuse we never needed to watch Michael kill people.

11 Collections including 7 Collaborative and 4 Public