1996
Romance
A Hockey player wannabe finds out that he has the most powerful golf drive in history. He joins the P.G.A. tour to make some money to save grandma's house. The downside is that his hocky player mentality doesn't really go on the P.G.A. tour. Especially with the favorite to win the championship.

1996
Romance

Rated 03 Apr 2017
Happy Gilmore is to Caddyshack what The Legend of Bagger Vance is to The Greatest Game Ever Played. True story: I haven't seen either of the latter two films and have no plans to, but I couldn't/wouldn't come up with a clever Tin Cup reference. Of all the sports movies Kevin Costner did, that's one of them.
Rated 18 Nov 2018
Your enjoyment of this movie is directly proportional to how much of a teenage boy you are.
Rated 26 Sep 2010
The best Adam Sandler comedy, but then again that's like being the best...thing in a bad thing. I don't like Adam Sandler.
One of the best Adam Sandler comedies out there, to be fair that's not saying much but this is actually pretty decent. It's got some good low-comedy laughs throughout and worth watching if you don't mind turning your brain off for an hour and a half to just laugh.
Probably the best Sandler movie there is, as he improved on the good things from Billy Madison while dropping the bad, it's just that he's ended up recycling this material for every movie from here on out.
You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
Rated 08 Feb 2008
Bob Barker's 5-minute cameo got a laugh out of me when I was 17 and forced to watch this as my film class's "reward" for having to "endure" movies like "The Great Santini", "Chinatown" and "Citizen Kane". Teenagers are idiots and Sandler is not funny. These are enternal truths and should not be forgotten.
Rated 20 Apr 2017
I remember you Adam Sandler movies with heart and no Rob Schneider or the other bags of crap.
Rated 21 Jul 2007
I liked this movie when I was young, because children are tasteless chodes.
Oh man, Adam Sandler is fucking horrible. I don't know why I kept watching his movies in the 90's. I hated every single one of them.
Rated 20 Sep 2018
This is the highest that Adam Sandler would ever ascend to: mediocrity with a few bright spots. Enjoy it, because it is all downhill from here and the lows are even lower than you might think.
Rated 07 Jan 2007
One of Sandler's best! 40.
You're gonna die Clown!
Rated 12 Nov 2011
I laughed a lot I this one. Sandler gets annoying as the years go by but this was one of his comedies that really worked for ge most part. Fun cast and funny writing. Worth a watch even if you don't like Sandler.
The best Sandler comedy. Ben Stiller is hilarious in this and Carl Weathers always brings some good times. Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit?
Rated 04 Apr 2012
An interesting film. In my teens I could barely tolerate it, despite being subjected to many repeating viewings alongside my more Sandler-apathetic friends. I guess through enduring this persistent torture I reached my own 'happy place' where the film suddenly made a remarkable amount of sense, and was completely hilarious. I don't know if this is a recommendation but if you can look beyond, y'know, everything, this film is pretty good fun. Comedy waterboarding.
Rated 19 Feb 2010
I thought it was hilarious when I was a kid and it still manages to get a lot laughs out of me to this day. I realize how dumb of a movie it is and how predictable the plot is, but it manages to keep me laughing throughout so I don't think about it's setbacks while I'm watching it. At the very least you have to respect the Bob Barker cameo.
You're smart, I'm dumb. You were right, I was wrong. You're attractive, I'm not very good looking.
I never liked Adam Sandler. Nope, couldn't stand him. Then I saw 50 First Dates - good film. Then I saw The Longest Yard, and I started to give him some respect. So I broke down and saw Happy Gilmore and was pleasantly suprised. This is a good movie and, yes, Adam does his schtick, but it's good. Definatgely worth seeing.
Dumb as can be but it's funny.
Rated 10 Jan 2010
Bob Barker will fuck you up.
The best Adam Sandler-style Adam Sandler comedy by miles and miles and miles. Some of his "rage" stuff hasn't aged well, but Shooter McGavin is a classic comedy villain and by and large it's likable and has a many solid laughs. Good solid sick/rainy day movie. I loved it when I was a kid.
Rated 10 Dec 2017
Subverting the perception of golf as the 'gentlemen's game' is nothing new in comedy, but H.G does an amusing job of thumbing its nose at a sport that is traditionally associated with manners and etiquette, and it's a damn sight better than Caddyshack 2. Most importantly (using that word rather loosely), it cemented Sandler's future star persona as a lovable screw up prone to aggressive outbursts. Sandler has fresh faced appeal, and McDonald is a riot as his cocky rival, Shooter McGavin.
Rated 05 May 2015
Sandler is a riot here as the ironically-named title character, whose anger management issues and general vulgarity hilariously contrasts with the pristine and classy world of professional golf that he enters into. The plot is fairly basic, but the memorable protagonist, along with an excellent antagonist and a healthy smattering of quirky secondary characters and outrageous humour (see the Bob Barker brawl) transforms the cliche sports underdog story into an instantly classic sports comedy.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
As stupid as some people find Adam Sandler's movies to be, I can't get enough of this one. My favorite comedy.
Rated 10 Apr 2011
Far and away Sandler's best film. There is some silly, some good word play, some physical comedy, some random and bizarre stuff. It has everything and basically every joke lands. Is there a cliche love story? Sure and it takes up about 5 minutes of screen time that doesn't also have other things going on. It's also a believable subplot. That is something that stands out in comedies. Most either take it for granted and assume you buy into it or waste a bunch of time with it. Great comedy.
Rated 01 Sep 2010
Incredibly stupid, deliciously stupid, who's with stupid? I'm with stupid. I can't not help to like this stupid, stupid movie. It made me somewhat... happy. Bonus Movie Fact: this movie makes up a third of Ben Stiller's funniest moments.
Rated 04 Mar 2014
Mediocre even by Adam Sandler standards. Meaninglessness with mean spirited slapstick sprinkles.
Rated 27 Nov 2006
one of the most classic comedies of our time...your gonna get it bobby
Rated 11 Dec 2006
AdAm SaNdLeR
Best golf movie ever.
Rated 19 Oct 2017
Adam Sandler's best dumb movie.
Rated 18 Jul 2020
Dumb fun. Lots of it.
Rated 19 Jul 2009
Probably THE best Adam Sandler movie ever and most certainly my favourite. Watching him trying to get into golf is just hilarious. "You gonna die Clown!"
Rated 07 Jan 2009
Sandler's second funniest movie. A very quotable and memorable flick.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
I loved to quote this movie endlessly... when I was a wee lad with shitty taste in movies.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Happy Gilmore is standard fare as far as comedies are concerned but if you couple the funny jokes with Adam Sandler's great way of delivering comedy early in his career you're left with a really funny movie.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
Hate Adam Sandler, especially the young Adam Sandler? I don't care. As comedies go, this was an early classic for me. Okay, not classic, but true fans of this movie understand how easy it is to love this one.
Rated 08 Jan 2012
5- worth experiencing, alright
Rated 04 Jun 2010
One of the few films in which Adam Sandler is actually funny. While it still has some of Sandler's obnoxious staples such as childish yelling and the formulaic "get the girl" plot, this works better than Sandler's other films because the film boasts a good variety of wacky but entertaining characters that play off of Sandler's slapstick very well. The Bob Barker fight is probably the most memorable and funniest scene in the movie.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
f'n dumb
Rated 11 Jan 2009
Dead funny.
Rated 21 May 2007
Dumb movie but I must admit I laughed occasionally
Rated 26 May 2007
The price is wrong bitch!
Rated 28 May 2007
Stupid, sophomoric, and really, really, funny.
Rated 07 Jan 2012
Sandler was good before he got old and not funny.
Rated 15 Jun 2012
Overrated
Rated 02 Jul 2013
One of the few Sandler films I like a lot.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
One of Sandler's best comedies, very quotable.
Rated 03 Mar 2010
watchable with the kids.
Rated 19 Oct 2018
rvw. i never remember liking it this much :P
The price is wrong, bitch!
Perhaps one of my guiltiest pleasures.
Rated 28 Oct 2017
One of the few good AS comedies - a guilty pleasure. Too bad he couldn't maintain this quality of stupid humor in his future dumb-ass productions.
Rated 21 Sep 2010
While Sandler's 90's bit grew tiresome quickly, this film had enough situational humor not tied directly to him that it works. A guilty pleasure. Also look for the young Julie Bowen from Modern Family.
Fairly funny.
Adam Sandler's a hack.
I like toilet humor, and this movie delivers in boatloads.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
don't get the obsession with this at all although there are few sandler movies I've really enjoyed
Rated 16 Oct 2020
Funny when you're 10 years old.
Rated 14 Feb 2010
Rated 09 May 2014
Happy Gilmore is definitely Sandler's best and most funny film that holds up well today.
A fun, albeit mindless little comedy from Adam Sandler. Slightly above average and a good flick to turn your brain off to.
Rated 12 Nov 2016
B
Rated 08 Jun 2009
What would my youth have been like without movies like this one. Belly-aching laugh all round, at least if you're a guy in his late teens.
One of those movies that you can't see enough. Shooter McGavin may very well be my all-time favorite movie villain.
Adam Sandler's best movie. That's not a HUGE compliment but it's gotta count for something.
Could be funnier, could be better paced. Bob Barker has the best scene in the movie. Very light comedy. And predictible.
Rated 06 Jun 2011
One of Sandler's best comedies, and one of the best of the '90s. But as good as Sandler was, Bob Barker's cameo stole the film.
Rated 04 Jun 2010
At school they showed this piece of scrotum every fucking year on the last day. Never watching it again.
Rated 26 May 2009
Gag construction is workmanlike, and Dugan's directorial touch provides an occasional prod. (Highlight: a fistfight with hoary game-show host Barker in the midst of a Pro-Am tournament.) But the cute-boor act is a quick bore.
Rated 19 Dec 2008
Funny gags (particularly Barker fight) are mixed in with little story, but it's all very funny. Apollo and Shooter are great fun in this.
Rated 24 Aug 2007
I hate Adam Sandler.
Rated 29 Aug 2007
Ok, for a kids movie.
Rated 04 Sep 2007
Brilliant when I watched the first time at a younger age. Not so great now.
Rated 16 Apr 2011
A stupid comedy that rises above its subject matter and manages to be pretty hilarious in its own way. It's not an award winner, obviously, but it's got enough choice one-liners and Sandler humor to stand as a comedic treasure. "The price is wrong, bitch!"
Rated 10 Jun 2013
Not a personal favorite, but it has a few funny moments.
Rated 16 May 2009
Adam Sandler is funny, and this movie has many hilarious moments that make it worth watching, but it is not a great movie though.
Rated 14 Dec 2008
The Price is wrong, Bitch!
Rated 22 Jan 2008
Sandler's best?
Rated 05 Feb 2008
definitely one of adam sandler's best movies. that doesn't say too much but he actually puts his good talent to use in this movie. and it's a lot funnier and more dramatic than his other movies.
Rated 06 Oct 2009
Usual blend of anger and sports from Sandler. You just look at him sometimes and think "Damn, he was good in Punch Drunk Love" thats when a single tear forms on your cheek.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
Typical Sandler comedy that is a bit above his usual standard.
Rated 14 Dec 2008
Jackass indeed.
Rated 09 May 2008
Worth a watch.
Rated 04 Apr 2015
I'll give it this much - it made 90 minutes feel like they were skipping by. Granted, I wasn't paying much attention as the film really didn't get me going, but I have been left in more agonising wait-for-the-credits by many means. Ben Stiller was funny, but then again isn't that a poor reasoning to recommend a film? He's generally alright in everything, but he can't save this. Caddyshack, but really really bland, boring, and wilfully, but not charmingly, stupid.
Rated 15 Jun 2012
Maybe it's just due to the fact that it came out before everyone got sick of Adam Sandler, but I still find this movie very watchable.
Rated 03 Oct 2009
Pef
Rated 25 Jan 2009
Sandlers 2nd best comedy. Golf made funny. Happy (as in Happy Gilmore) is also a very cool name for a person/child
Rated 19 Jul 2008
A good comedy once in a while.
Rated 27 Jul 2008
Worth watching if you catch it on TV, but I wouldn't bother renting it.
Rated 27 Jul 2008
Good for a Sandler flick. Pretty funny.
Rated 03 Oct 2009
watched: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2020
Rated 06 Jul 2024
Formulaic slop. Is Adam Sandler contractually obligated to portray the most insufferable characters? Bottom of the barrel writing and structure, shallow characters, it's unfunny all around; not good.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
funny
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Funny.
Rated 16 Oct 2008
Adam Sandler = Fail.
Rated 10 Aug 2014
Adam Sandler at his best.