Max Amazon Channel
Max

2010
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
Clint Eastwood directs this supernatural thriller about three very different people and their responses to death, including a hesitant American psychic named George (Matt Damon) who may be able to help the others find answers and peace. Marie (Cécile De France) is a French journalist caught up in the aftereffects of the devastating 2004 tsunami, while in London, young Marcus (Frankie McLaren) seeks to contact his deceased twin brother.
Max Amazon Channel
Max

Morgan's script - which is really hanging by a thread - strips what could've been a really interesting film of any kind of ambiguity. Performances lack conviction as lines, mostly a collection of cheesy, cringe-worthy dialogues, are delivered in stilted expositions (I'm looking at you kid). Unlike a good wine, Eastwood doesn't get better with age.
I think Clint Eastwood is trying to convince himself there's something after death.
Eastwood fails in so many ways with this annoyingly simplistic plot and make-you-wanna-vomit story collision. The first scene was great, but from there on it just spiralled downward and its amazing how someone, somewhere in production didnt go: "What the hell are we doing here, and what are we trying to tell?" With that said, Eastwood is still a skillfull director who knows his handywork and that saves it from hitting rock bottom!
One of Clint Eastwood's worst movies ever. The Oscar nominated effects are bad for 1995, forget 2010. The plot is ridiculous and stupid and involves Matt Damon touching people's hands and then me being bored. It just seemed like an easy film to digest for light minded and boring people to enjoy. Matt Damon and Clint Eastwood should work but 2 cinematic nothings have proved that they don't mix well.
Should be so much better than it is, though it's still solid work by Eastwood who just can't seem to make a bad movie even when he's not on form. The French subplot should have been stripped entirely and rewritten - I fail to see what it adds. Branches off in other subplots as well, either leaving them hanging or piling on too much. Not enough of George (y'know, the most interesting person in the film), and far too many falsely "substantiated" allusions to the real-world reality of the premise.

Submitted bydst7175dst7175 on 18 Sep 2010