Netflix Netflix basic with Ads

2024
It follows Gary Johnson, a staff investigator who plays the role of a hit man to catch individuals ordering a hit.

2024

Rated 03 Jun 2024
Really don't care for Linklaters glib philosophical warbling and that's an unfortunate part of the narrative here. All characters other than the two leads have canceled-after-one-season level dialogue and delivery. Powell is charismatic and funny enough to carry this movie barely above the line of mediocrity
Rated 11 Jun 2024
An unassertive man learns to fake it until you make it (with a hot girl), but encounters complications along the way. First half suffers from overplaying the protagonist’s initial nerdiness, straining but failing to be amusing. Midway, adopts more seductive aims, but the sex scenes are tame, curtailed and clothed. Picks up a little as consequences unfold, with one entertaining long scene, but the soufflé still never quite rises and the final leap forward in time tries for irony but lacks punch.
Rated 11 Oct 2023
Absolutely hilarious throughout with two amazing gorgeous leads who have insane chemistry. The wildest crowd I’ve seen at LFF this year so far, and deservedly so. Linklater’s best since Everybody Wants Some, no doubt.
Rated 17 Jun 2024
Miss, man.
Rated 25 Oct 2023
She crazy.
Rated 08 Jun 2024
The original premise, an on point script and a fresh cast on top form (Powell and Arjona are great together and Amelio is terrific too) deliver somewhat trivial but still first-rate popcorn entertainment.
Rated 03 Jul 2024
Fun exploration of self-redevelopment. Missed by some, the initial "nerd" version was clearly "acted" out and presented in a less convincing fashion than the final more charismatic version of the main character. A little bit like Blade Runner 2049, Hit Man doesn't seem as focused on 'real' or 'authentic' or 'fake' etc. Instead it wonders if that paradigm means anything anyway. Novel plot, interesting onscreen chemistry, and well-paced.
Rated 09 Jun 2024
Every costume change Powell does to take on a different hitman persona had me cackling. Great performances, great chemistry, and in a Linklater film that goes down so smooth that you almost forget that the themes and the characters have a dark undercurrent that adds some complexity to the fun and breezy proceedings.
Rated 15 Jun 2024
While it doesn't quite reach the level of great, this is a very likable film that is far more interesting than your average Netflix original fare. The plot is fairly unusual with some genuinely surprising twists and Powell and Arjona are both revelations, especially Powell. Their chemistry is also great. Well worth the time, though it would have perhaps been more interesting if it was darker.
Rated 17 Jun 2024
Glen Powell is fine, but miscast: as evidenced by his terrible wig, even his hair can't pull off average man. A fun B-movie, pretty unremarkable overall.
Rated 13 Jun 2024
It's A Hit, Man!
Rated 16 Jun 2024
This time, Linklater ventured into a more conventional genre with a crime comedy, but it still has his signature original elements. Enjoyed every minute.
Rated 15 Jun 2024
An actor's dream role, and Powell does it justice. Entirely rejects the notion of subtlety and there's no actual point here (despite some elements that might suggest there should be), but it is a lot of fun. Powell and Arjona have a real chemistry and the movie doesn't take itself any more seriously than it should.
Rated 15 Jun 2024
"The Hit Man" is an engaging film with Glen Powell shining as a versatile decoy hit man. The plot is enjoyable, though the subplot with Madison takes time to engage. Powell's performance and detailed murder plot explanations are highlights. The pacing drags slightly in the middle, and while the film is fun, it lacks emotional depth. Rewatchable for Powell but not frequently.
Fun, lightweight entertainment.
Rated 14 Jun 2024
I quite enjoyed this film - its quite clever with the multiple layers of story. Its perhaps a little predictable but its funny and quirky and I enjoyed it. The idea of being a sort of undercover fake hit man amused me. A good film, I'd recommend it.
Rated 16 Jul 2024
Bro is trying to be the next Brad Pitt, and doing pretty well with it. A literally me character, about how you gotta fake it til you make it and become more confident. Little bit of philosophy sprinkled in, some humour, and a romance built not only on hotness but also chemistry and personality make for a film that is pretty damn good, but not something truly special.
Rated 20 Jun 2024
This film reminds me a bit of when a gymnast goes through her routine, building interesting move upon interesting move, then completely muffs the ending. This movie's fun for most of its runtime, but I am mystified by the conclusion, which is either a morally confused mess or a tonal misstep that brings abject tragedy to a film that carried no hint of such. Given these facts, that the film plays as well as it does is an achievement, but not one I am looking to revisit.
Rated 21 Jun 2024
Karakterin bu kadar hızlı suç makinesine dönüşmesi ve bununla ilgili bir kere bile kendini sorgulamaması, "aman ben ne yapıyorum?" dememesi bende filmin inandırıcılığını bitirdi. Tamam Adria Arjona'ya ben de eriyorum da, bu kadar mı be abi? Ayrıca filmin psikolojik yönünü çok yapay buldum. Aralara serpiştirilmiş psikoloji dersi sahnelerinin senaristler adına çok tembelce olduğunu düşünüyorum. Yine de puanını düşük vermedim çünkü temelinde eğlenceli bir film.
Rated 21 Jun 2024
Are we really so desperate for Rom Coms that were overhyping this? Yeah Glenn Powell gives a great performance, but he's still miscast based on the character's description. Adria Arjona (who is giving off serious Salma Hayek vibes) is super sexy, and has wonderful chemistry with Powell, but there needs to be something more substantial to this movie. Despite being a true story parts of it are super generic. IDK, there are some good elements here, but at the end of the day it's not that special.
Rated 23 Jun 2024
Manic pixie entrapment target
Rated 23 Jun 2024
I’m just a sucker for Glenn Powell and a mediocre rom com.
Rated 26 Jun 2024
i feel so silly now... i also thought hit men were real
Rated 28 Jun 2024
Original and amusing with strong performances and good pacing.
Rated 01 Jul 2024
mediocre
Rated 02 Jul 2024
It has the aura of harmless fun with a message, but by the end I realised I hadn't had any fun, and that the message might not be harmless (although I'm sure the end was tounge in cheek, it didn't fit with the rest of the film imo)
Rated 05 Jul 2024
Quite funny and enjoyable...what's this doing on Netflix?? Not belly-laughs humor, but something a bit gentler and more cerebral...more Linklater-esque. if you will. Okay, I'm a sucker for anything that uses philosophy as touchstones for comedic points. Glen Powell is marvelous.
Rated 06 Jul 2024
Glen Powell can be in every movie and I will find time to watch each and every single one of them.
Rated 08 Jun 2024
Really sexy and entertaining bit of immoral nonsense - despite all the philosophy of changing the self and tribal responsibility (yeah, they lean out far) the characters just turn on a dime. For a rom-com that's fine, but once a man suffocates in a plastic bag in the background, the fun stops for me.
Rated 20 Oct 2023
61th nyff
Rated 20 Apr 2024
2024'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 91. Hit Man (2023) Glen Powell'e ne büyük haksızlık etmişim. #İstanbulFilmFestivali nin incisi film :) Muhteşem seyirlik. #RichardLinklater en büyük indie film yapımcılarından. Baştan sona kahkahalar içinde izledik. 8/10
Rated 25 Apr 2024
Having a good time in every second of a film and wanting it to never end makes me extremely happy, and Hit Man did exactly that. I laughed, I had fun, and I was really excited while watching it. It's romantic, extremely sexy, and incredibly funny. I seriously couldn't get enough of it and I'm sure I'll watch it many times in the future. The best movie I watched at the Istanbul Film Festival.
Rated 12 Jul 2024
The love story tanked this movie.
Rated 30 May 2024
Started out more as a drama, but as things get crazy in the third act it really gets funny and fun! Kudos to rising star Glen Powell, who actually co-wrote the script with director Richard Linklater.
Rated 30 May 2024
I struggle to jibe with Linklater generally and I couldn't really tell you what this film is doing. It's like, pitched somewhere between the Nutty Professor and Out of Sight? I at least appreciate that I did not predict where it was going, if little else, but I'm a little stunned it's as well received as it is. Surely the actual guy's story is more interesting than this arch, weightless fuckaround.
Rated 02 Jun 2024
Fine, I guess. Forgot it was a Linklater fairly early on.
Rated 05 Jun 2024
All of Linklaters work have a central theme of searching for the truth in something. Not usually as literal as this film, but it’s what makes his movies interesting. From his more bland fare to his masterpieces. Probably going to be one of the funnier movies of the year. Which is kind of sad, but it’s funny enough.
Rated 08 Jun 2024
Perfectly okay mainstream black comedy, really (well, in the theatrical sense of the word comedy, because none of it's funny). You couldn't tell it's Linklater, but that's been true of his last couple of films as well.
Rated 08 Jun 2024
Linklater is able to glide thru every moment with such ease that you can’t help but get swept up in off kilter eroticism between the two leads. Has that Hitchcockian perversion, violence and philosophical intertwining that I can’t help but love and it’s rare that modern actors can actually pull something like this off. You keep waiting for Linklater to slip up and fall into some melodramatic trap or into some Coen’s esque cynicism but it’s just a fun ride the whole time
Rated 12 Jun 2024
Plot 14/20 Fiction 12/20 Casting/Acting 13/20 Worldbuilding 12/20 Entertainment 12/20
#24#, rw4, popcorn, story, ratings, creator Linklater, G.Powell
Rated 09 Jun 2024
Fun! More familiar than expected, but well-executed and agreeably breezy. At its best when we get to see capable, resourceful individuals exercise their competency (which is why *that* third-act scene is so incredibly fun). Let's keep putting Glen Powell in things.
Rated 09 Jun 2024
The scenes between the two leads are electric with chemistry, well worth the price of admission. The rest of the movie feels lifeless, and while I presume there's some intentionality to this tonal dissonance in a movie about a guy trying to reinvent himself, it doesn't serve the movie well at all. It's still one of the better outings from a favorite artist in a while, and it's a good year any time a new one comes out.
Rated 09 Jun 2024
I felt like it was okay but shallow, a few laughs, until the end, where I think it really went off the rails. What was the takeaway message? Embrace the changes of your personality, even if that means becoming a literal murderer? If you're a boring but good person you can become hotter by thinking like a murderer? And meet another attractive murderer, and live happily ever after together? Not sure why they didn't just tell the actual story of the person this was based on.
Rated 09 Jun 2024
Nothing special but breezy entertainment of the highest order.
Rated 10 Jun 2024
It's about made for TV level for the most part.
Rated 10 Jun 2024
As a guy who has read a lot of psych over the last decade, the psychology angle was interesting. The way it connects with the rest of the premise is smart without being pretentious. It's more breezy than you might expect. Arjona and Powell were awesome together and the sexy scenes were actually seductive. This is the first time I've been impressed by Powell. Arjona lookin' HOT here. I'd help her too. Plot's never boring. I wouldn't say this is hilarious but it's always entertaining.
Rated 11 Jun 2024
Starts off slow and then comes into its own. A funny worthwhile watch.
Rated 11 Jun 2024
Extraordinarily entertaining. Superb chemistry by the leads. There are some plot points that could be tighter of course, but it's a fun loving dark comedy of sorts so I'll give them a pass. Strong 8.2.