2003
Romance
Benjamin Barry is an advertising executive competing with two female co-workers for a major campaign for a diamond merchant. He cuts a deal with his competitors that the account is his if he can make a woman of their choice fall in love with him in 10 days. In comes Andie Anderson who, in turn, is writing a story on how to lose a guy in 10 days as a bet with her boss to be allowed to write more substantial stories. With a hidden agenda in each camp, will either party be able to complete their mission? (imdb)

2003
Romance

Rated 19 Dec 2006
Two lying, awful cynical bastards fall in love and live happily ever after. For some reason, we're supposed to be thrilled for them.
Rated 18 Apr 2008
I wish Kate Hudson would kill herself
Rated 10 Jan 2009
Should be retitled 'How to lose an audience in 10 minutes."
By trying to do everything wrong she actually makes him fall in love. HOW CUTE. Avoid this like the plague unless you love sappy romance flicks.
One of the worst Romantic Comedies of all time.
Rated 28 Aug 2010
A perfect, well-created, romantic comedy! Kate Hudson and Matthew Mcconaughey act great together. I laughed for days after I saw this film! Although it is all meant to be funny, makes some great points about what men really hate in women! Hilarious because it's so true. Great movie for a date night!
Rated 20 Mar 2007
Average formula chick flick.
Vile comedy featuring cruel and unlikeable characters.
If stupid were a sin this one would be going straight to Hell. For whatever reason (besides the obvious good looking exterior) women have decided they LOVE Matthew McConaughey. Well I really don't get it. He's not compelling or truly charismatic. Kate Hudson does her bubbly best to try and keep this one funny, and she does succeed some of the time, but ultimately the movie is so standard rom-com that it betrays all her best efforts. Watch for the ridiculous reveal scene at the party toward
Plastic and fake
A dumb movie about two idiotic and totally unlikeable characters who we are supposed to feel for. Hated it.
Props to Kate Hudson, she managed to lose my attention in about 10 minutes!
Rated 20 Feb 2008
It didn't take me ten days to lose me in this movie. I changed the channel within ten seconds.
Rated 27 Mar 2008
Although this has a few funny parts, overall it was disappointing as the premise is not really that, uh, nice.
Rated 08 Apr 2008
I hate Matthew McConaughey.
Rated 30 Dec 2008
Decent concept, terrible execution. The movie is quite often painful to watch, brimming with contrivances and pure unadulterated stupidity. Hudson doesn't have it in her to carry a movie like this, and what charms McConaughey does have are wasted on this awful script. There was a time where he made this movie over and over and over again. Hopefully he's finally out of that phase, but women love him in this crap, so who knows.
Rated 17 Jan 2009
How to lose my attention in 10 seconds...
Rated 15 Feb 2010
How to make your brain explode in 1 hour and a half
Rated 26 Jul 2010
It's pleasant and there's definately a sparkle between McConaughey and Hudson, but the plot is tired and cliched and the dialogues are ridiculously empty and pointless. On the plus side, you 'll never see the ending coming. (Spoiler: They fall in love)
Rated 29 Mar 2011
A stupid bitch and an unlikable jackass fall in love, far to realist for my taste.
Rated 16 Jan 2007
average
Rated 23 Feb 2007
A cynical spin on a chick flick made for a very fresh angle. By casting two great actors for the roles and allowing their chemistry to flow to the viewer this movie created the perfect formula and accomplished exactly what it set out to do: Make a movie people will have fun watching.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
One of those movies where you can just tell by the title if you'll like it.
Rated 17 Apr 2007
A cliched romantic "comedy" that should be renamed "How to Lose A Guy's $10 At The Movies."
Rated 28 Apr 2016
Need to rewatch; good chick flick.
Rated 09 Oct 2012
Very stereotypical romantic comedy.
Meh, it was kinda funny. Matthew McConaughey is the man, but this movie is so quintessentially rom-com that it actually feels like a parody.
Fun to watch, one of my favorite romantic comedies.
Another gag-able piece of crap.
Very good for a girly-type of movie. It was funny watching these too play games. Unfortunately many people do play games when it comes to relationships in real life.
good romantic comedy
I'm not a huge fan of Romance (chick flicks), but this one was particularly good. The characters really allow the viewer to make personal connections with them, and anyone who has been/is in a relationship will love this movie. Watch it with your better half.
It was alright, now that I think about it. McConaughey is McConaughey, but Kate Hudson is fantastic! She looks and acts very much like her mother, I think.
Chick flick. Not bad but gives woman new ideas.
weak plot, unbearable chemistry
Rated 16 Nov 2019
great storytelling
Not bad, but it lasts way too long.
Everything about this movie is mediocre.
HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS isn't a bad film, just a funny idea placed in a tired and predictable plot. I would recommend this strictly for the crowd who watch all romantic comedies, or for fans of the two appealing stars. Everyone else might be left wondering if the screenwriters also read a book called, How to Write a Script in 10 Days.
Rated 22 Aug 2007
ok
Rated 08 Oct 2007
Decent romantic comedy. I've seen both better and worse.
Rated 08 Nov 2015
Not sure why in the fuck I've seen this, but I have.
Rated 15 Apr 2012
I like this movie more than I care to admit. It has Tom Lennon in it though, so I don't feel that guilty.
Rated 21 Oct 2007
Didn't expect this to be good, but it was very enjoyable. Kind of a rough start, but by the end you are hoping that they will come together.
Rated 22 Oct 2007
For a romance, this movie was not horrible, but chick flicks do not ever entertain me for long. I wish Adam Goldberg had been given a little more opportunity to make this movie funny, because it could have used a little more humor and a little less pathetic attempts at humor from the stars.
Rated 04 Nov 2007
An okay chick-flick. Wouldn't watch it again.
Rated 07 Dec 2007
fun fun fun
Rated 26 Dec 2007
Two of my favorite actors (Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson) make this cutesy rom-com a funny and heartwarming tale. Great on the chick-flick/rom-com scale.
Rated 20 Jan 2008
The characters here are so dumb and the plot so contrived that you can't believe much of anything going on. If it weren't so over-the-top, an interesting film could be developed on similar subject matter.
Rated 13 Sep 2015
The delicious dramatic irony at the core of the plot here gives this rom-com a fresh and fun feel, even if it's still fairly insubstantial and ends with the predictable "fall out then make up" formula. Hudson's Andie and her mischievous antics are hysterical (4th quarter at the Knicks' game and guys' poker night are particular highlights), and McConaughey does well at playing the straight guy losing his patience. A solidly funny supporting cast of their respective best friends joins them.
Rated 23 Feb 2008
Such a cute movie. Perfect for those gloomy days where you just want to cuddle up and watch a film.
Rated 24 Feb 2008
My girlfriend liked it, but nothing for me.. I really didn't like it. Think it's more a film for women. A few minutes in the film, there I laughed, but for the rest of the film.. Don't watch it.
Rated 25 Feb 2008
A sub-par love story. Tiresomely run of the mill. However, Matthew M looks so divine, and even removes his shirt at one point, so I bumped my score.
Rated 26 Feb 2008
Great chemistry between the two makes this film actually really work.
Rated 27 Feb 2008
A decent chick flick.
Rated 03 Mar 2008
Decent film.
Rated 04 Sep 2015
How to Be Terrible to your Love Interest for 10 Days. This is only slightly enjoyable because the leads are really likable, in direct contrast to their characters.
Rated 11 Feb 2012
started out dull and very boringly directed and sexist. but got better round the middle.
Rated 17 Mar 2008
cute.
Rated 25 Mar 2008
Alright for a boring evening.
Rated 18 May 2008
Kate Hudson was enjoyably entertaining
Rated 04 Jul 2008
no need for explaination
Rated 14 Jul 2008
The definition of romantic comedy. And Kate Hudson is a babe.
Rated 19 Jul 2008
This is just another Hudson-McConaughey romantic comedy. Not missing much here, pretty traditional.
Rated 22 Jul 2008
lol whyd i see this
Rated 28 Jul 2008
Not horrible but nothing special. Matthew McCaunnahey is pretty cute though.
Rated 19 Aug 2008
If the climax of your film involves romantically declaring your love by swearing you've got a problem.
Rated 18 Sep 2018
This movie is hilarious and underrated.
Rated 17 Sep 2011
Hurls have been chunked.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
ZOMG AND THEY FALL IN LOVE!
Rated 20 Oct 2008
Perfectly mediocre and predictable.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
Love this movie!
Rated 18 Nov 2008
Same characters, same actors, same plot as every other.
Rated 27 Feb 2023
Enjoyable enough
Rated 31 Jan 2009
Pure chick-flick fluff. I watched it under duress, and have tried to block out every part of it from my memory.
Rated 04 Feb 2009
Utter Rom Com trash. People acting in ways real people don't act. Matthew McConaughey's breathy voice makes me want to scream at him to just clear his damn throat!
Rated 12 Feb 2009
worth DVD rental
Rated 14 Feb 2009
i like mcconaghy (?). this movie is fine. kind of a 40 days 40 nights mixed with the sweetest thing. entertaining, but will piss you off if you are in the wrong mood.
Rated 21 Apr 2009
Cute movie, very very cute.
Rated 10 Jun 2021
Bothbetintoeachotherlol+purse/knicksticketsbaitworkedlool+makesmissendgettingdrinklool+talkatmovielolcausesfight+princesssophia-crawl?thewarriorkinglol+youdontwannaseeourchildren!?lol-whyismymomcallinyou?lmao+celineconcert:P+youletourloveferndie!?:'(-breakup-couplestherapy-herfriendlol+hisfam-beatsatbullshit-firstheeverbroughthome+shefallin-bang+bothfindout-makeshimsing-duet-fightlol+articlewinshimoversostopsher-bullshitcallbackcuzsheonlywhobeathim:P
Rated 27 Mar 2014
Super funny!
Rated 17 Aug 2011
Taught me the game of Bullshit. So there's that.
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Ok chick-flick
Rated 26 Aug 2009
Totally contrived.
Rated 20 Nov 2009
Essas comédias romanticas...
Rated 14 Dec 2009
Totally unrealistic premise, but lots of fun.
Rated 09 Feb 2010
2 words. Matthew McConaughey
Rated 03 Jan 2014
Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson are charming together, but they can't overcome How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' silly premise and predictable script.
Rated 20 Oct 2012
they break up then she tries to go away , the guy goes after her then they fall in love again.very predictable & typical .
Rated 18 Jul 2010
I enjoyed this film, just like i enjoy a brain hemorrhage.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
I don't like Romantic comedies very much...
Rated 26 Aug 2010
"Women of New York go Frost yourselfs" Frost you
Rated 01 Nov 2020
Kind of chick-flick from Miss Congeniality director D Petrie. If he continues to make similar movies, he will face the problem - how i lost audience in 10 days. Not sure if two leads really clicked but they serve well the idea of turning each other down. There is still some charm to make is movie watchable.
Rated 29 Jul 2013
Waste of time. Figured. Of course Matthew got his shirtless shot as always. I can't stand him. Felt Kate was the better of the two. Predictable as ever. Not much more to say.
Rated 09 Jun 2020
These two have the best on screen chemistry of any rom-com duo ever. Matthew McConaughey is so honest in everything he does and him and Kate Hudson take the silly plot and make something with real emotional depth. And yes, there are harmful gendered stereotypes here, but for a 2003 rom-com it's not bad. Love this movie
Rated 15 Nov 2010
Look at the synopsis. Fun, no? Well, no. (Despite the maniacal energy brought to it by Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson.) It is both completely nonsensical and, if you have seen enough bad movies, completely predictable.
Rated 22 Dec 2010