I Know What You Did Last Summer
I-Know-What-You-Did

I Know What You Did Last Summer

1997
Suspense/Thriller, Horror
After an accident on a winding road, four teens make the fatal mistake of dumping their victim's body into the sea. But exactly one year later, the dead man returns from his watery grave, and he's looking for more than an apology. (Sony)

I don't care what you know. You've been a bad movie. Go sit in the corner.
These fishnet stalkings will scare the boobs right out of your crop top!
While many think of this movie as the "Friday the 13th"(1980) to "Scream"(1996)'s "Halloween"(1978), however it's really more like "The Prowler"(1981) to "Scream"'s "Friday the 13th". Where "Scream" toys with slasher/horror movie tropes, "I Know What You Did Last Summer"(1997) embraces them to make a throwback classic 80 slasher, just updated with a 90's horror aesthetic. While that now may mean a lack of nudity/gore, the movie still makes an effort to showcase Jennifer Love Hewitt's cleavage.
To quote the movie ; " I know what you did last summer ooh what a crock of SH!T " !
For all its flaws, (and there are certainly more than a few), I still quite enjoyed this film. For a slasher film to rely almost solely on atmosphere building without turning to excessive gore or nudity, I have to commend it. Not only that, but there was some character development that allowed the audience to care about some of the soon-to-be victims. It's not a perfect movie, but it's a fun slasher film that is restrained in its approach. For that, more than anything, I liked it.

24 Collections including 14 Collaborative and 10 Public