2004
Sci-fi
In the year 2035, robots are an everyday household item, and everyone trusts them, except one, slightly paranoid detective investigating what he alone believes is a crime perpetrated by a robot. The case leads him to discover a far more frightening threat to the human race.

2004
Sci-fi

I, advertise.
Rated 25 Feb 2007
A decent action movie, nothing more. A shame because it could have been far more intelligent and engrossing. Still, for what it's worth, it's a decent action film. Nothing great, but not bad either.
Rated 29 Sep 2021
This should be a perfect early aughts sci-fi film that combines post-9/11 surveillance fears with an Apple style tech giant. Yet my previous sentence had more thought in it than this movie. Additionally, the special fx are bad, the action uninspired, it doesn't try to pass Canada for Chicago, and Chi McBride plays his same upset police captain from Undercover Brother. The biggest sin is the lady scientist exemplifies Caitlin Reilly's "How Women are Written in Sci-Fi Movies" TikTok video. Avoid.
Rated 24 Feb 2010
I, Leave the Theater
Rated 17 May 2008
You'll be doing yourself a big favor by not watching this if you read anything by Isaac Asimov. If you forget that this is titled i, robot altogether, that'll be best. Now that you have that out of the way, it's a pretty good action movie with dated CGI by today's standards.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
Inspired by Asimov, but a world apart from his writing and style.
Rated 06 Jun 2007
It teeters between mildly interesting science fiction thriller and average action flick, and leaning towards "I'm allergic to bullshit!" instead of exploring the fascinating theories made by Asimov make this decent fun but ultimately incredibly disappointing. There were just too many weaknesses in the plot, too many average action movie scenes, and too many dancing over things that would've been interesting had they been explored.
Rated 08 Apr 2009
Decent story and some ass-kicking scenes aren't enough. And what the hell 'press any key' is doing on a touchscreen?
Rated 30 Jun 2007
Better than I expected, but that doesn't make it good. Taking one of the greatest works of science fiction ever written and turning it into a Will Smith "Aw hell no" action movie grants the filmmakers a special VIP room in Hell. On its own merits, it's amusing enough, I suppose.
I still have no idea what the appeal of Will Smith is. Terrible CGI.
Rated 26 Jul 2020
Did this have politics? I dunno. I wasn't really paying attention
Rated 30 Apr 2010
Yeah there was a lot of product placement and all that, but I really think most people are way too hard on this flick. This flick isn't a super intelligent movie but it does have an idea or two, yeah, the script is a little wonky at times but I actually laughed at some of the jokes in it. Smith does a good job and there were some inspired scenes that really showed the terrors of a robot revolution. I also enjoyed the visuals of it, it s hows an interesting future.
It was a pretty alright movie if you ignore the fact that it's based on a book that it really has nothing to do with.
Rated 05 Feb 2020
was pretty good have to admit made me scared for robots ever since
Rated 24 Oct 2010
Who's a Jesus in this story? Is it Will or the robot? Or is there two of them? Black or mechanical. Hmm. Interesting. But I'm not a robot, Marina. There's a lot eye candy and I like the most of Will's action, and really the story is blunt and silly and boring.
Rated 25 Jul 2008
Will Smith carries this mediocre sci-fi flick with his great acting. The plot is just plain bad, and the action doesn't pack enough punch.
Rated 10 Jan 2016
Harmless fun.
Rated 16 Sep 2018
I will give this movie some amount of credit for trying to be more than a generic Will Smith flick but it never manages just to be more than that.
Rated 10 Oct 2010
I like the part when Will Smith beats Isaac Asimov to death with a pair of Converse All-Stars(tm).
Rated 18 Jan 2007
Well, it's not a "Dark City" obviously but Proyas still did good.
Rated 14 Sep 2009
Asimov is rolling in his grave...
Rated 23 Aug 2015
No thankyou!
Rated 02 Dec 2015
With anybody else in the lead we might have been spared the 'firing two guns on a flying motorcycle' scene, but it's mostly pretty enjoyable.
Rated 22 Feb 2007
Passes the time.
Rated 30 Mar 2021
Meh
Rated 10 Sep 2008
Although this flick is apparently a long shot off the book, it's an entertaining look at a somewhat-dystopian view of the near future. It kept my attention throughout and provided genuine entertainment, I'd definitely recommend it.
Rated 04 Mar 2008
Interesting film, part-action, part-psychology. Nothing to amaze me, but it was entertaining.
Rated 14 Jan 2010
Arguably the turning point in Smith's career after which seemingly every film he's been in since has been dogshit.
Rated 25 Aug 2018
Guilty pleasure
Rated 12 Nov 2013
I-racist
Rated 06 Aug 2021
????? ?????
Rated 08 Aug 2009
A tale of one man and his trusty Converse.
Rated 14 Jul 2018
The film is a bit of a strange beast. I haven't read Asimov so I can't compare it to that, but even without that comparison the movie feels a bit rough around the edges. Strange camera angles, obvious product placement, subplots that don't really add anything, like Shea LaBeouf's character, just felt unnecessary. Beyond that you get an entertaining action/sci-fi movie. It isn't the best sci-fi movie, or even the best Will Smith movie, but it isn't the worst either.
Rated 02 Sep 2015
Set in 2035 I, Robots not-too-distant-in-the-future-world features robots who handle all of lifes most mundane chores. Cooking, cleaning, balancing checkbooks, walking dogs, answering phones, going to the restroom okay, so that ones pushing it. So apart from a few minor short-circuits I, Robot is an enjoyable sci-fi, futuristic.
Isaac Asimov's vision comes to life on the screen!
Rated 18 Jul 2015
Fun sci-fi action film with the lovable Will Smith in the lead. Fans of the original novel may balk at the changes made, but taken by itself it's a fun action film for those that like that sort of thing.
Rated 10 Oct 2017
Surprisingly exciting and awesome effects
Rated 14 Aug 2010
Before I watched this movie I had been told that it was absolutely fantastic, but to be honest I really thought this film lacked in very many ways. One of which being the story. I found many parts of the story to be extremely predictable in nearly every way, and at times just plain cheesy. However, this film was not all bad. I thought Will Smith delivered a very good performance, and I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. But that is not near enough for this movie to be good. It was not.
Rated 29 Aug 2020
Not read the book, but the film is a mostly entertaining and in parts interesting exploration of human-robot relationships. While watching, I empathised with Sonny (the main robot), not sure what that means about me or the film.
If the movie was released as "Hardwired", I'm sure scoring would be a little better for it. But no, they had to attach to Asimov without any basis for doing so.
Rated 04 Jan 2016
cheeeese
Rated 12 Apr 2014
Shockingly bad, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie that so glorifies prejudice. Issues with nearly every aspect of, but the biggest is that Sonny is the only interesting character. Why isn't he the protagonist?
Ridiculous action move, but mildy entertaining throughout.
Rated 05 Apr 2023
"just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you," says the man whose legendary paranoia is what initially caused them to be sent after him
Rated 25 Feb 2021
With the name Alex Proyas, in my mind comes great dark movie "The Crow". "I, Robot" is visually stunning (hence the Oscar nomination), classical men vs robots movie, made for the joy of technophobes. The plot twists were predictable and some stupid advertisements disturbed viewing.
I was more entertained then I thought I would be.
Rated 16 Feb 2010
The only thing I remember about it is that I have seen it. It means there was probably a lot to forget about.
Rated 19 Sep 2017
That is one pumped and bad ass Will Smith and I like it. *Recommendable. And that comes from a girl who's not really in to science fiction.
Rated 17 Feb 2020
I thought this was very good. Story line is very similar to the Terminator movies as the Robots turn against the humans mid way through this movie. You are trying to figure out who are controlling the Robots.
null
Rated 15 Dec 2021
yönetmenin gereksiz yere övülen Dark City'sinden kesinlikle daha iyiydi. kırmızı puanları hele ki 20'leri filan anlamadım. sorun neydi acaba. tamam ben de uçmadım neticede bir aksiyon filmi kafası var ama en azından konu toparlanıktı ve eğlendim.
Rated 22 Dec 2013
Bearing only the slightest resemblance to Isaac Asimov's short stories, I, Robot is a summer blockbuster that manages to make the audience think, if only for a little bit.
Rated 05 May 2008
LOOK AT MY CHUCK TAYLORS AND ASSORTED OTHER PRODUCTS FROM THE YEAR 2004!
Rated 25 Jul 2012
Will Smith is a nice fit in the lead role in this movie. The script has an interesting premise there are a couple of problems with the script. There are some fun action sequences and Sonny the robot is an interesting character. Overall I recommend this movie.
This was an intelligent movie. It's based off of Asamov's stories and shows what the world may become like if we are too dependent on computers and technology. The action and special effects are great.
Rated 16 Jan 2017
Read the book instead.
Rated 15 Aug 2008
Will Smith makes this look good.
Rated 04 Oct 2015
I remember this being good. That was a long time ago. I thought it was all rebellious and shit. And it had swearing.
Decent unmemorable Hollywood fluff. I like the underlying issues though, which I'm betting will become uncomfortably salient in the near future.
Rated 08 Jan 2017
It didn't take too long to realize this isn't based on any Asimov story I ever read. Ironically, it's because it doesn't even try to have a shred if similarity (3 laws of robotics aside) that I was able to set this aside and just enjoy a fun sci-fi movie.
Rated 06 Nov 2012
I, Robot is a fine movie to introduce a couple of interesting ideas and pass the time, but if you want it to expand on what it brings to the table, or if you'd like for it to genuinely excite you, you'll want to look elsewhere. It has some very impressive looking robots, it has some philosophical questions that will make you think and while it's not great, it's a fine science fiction film to play in the background or use to waste time on a slow, rainy day.
Rated 02 Sep 2008
Alex Proyas is a gifted director, but I, Robot suffers from Willsmithian disease, whose symptoms include, counter-tone sentimentality, hero money shots, "ah, hell no!"'s, and a small chance of death or stroke. While it makes a great Blu-ray demo disc, the movie itself fails to deliver at the level its material, director and budget should dictate.
Not as bad as everyone made it out to be.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Entertaining sci-fi, but with several flaws. Not least the million plot holes and the way it shits all over its source material. Still it's good fun, and Will Smith is less irritating than usual. A nice way to waste couple of hours on a big dumb action flick, but nowt more than that.
Rated 27 Nov 2006
Only thing that coulda saved this is if Uncle Phil showed up and told him to stop acting like a moron. Possibly Carlton doing his dance. Crap Tom Jones stuck in my head now...
Rated 20 May 2009
Smart and creative. The action set-pieces, including the demolition of a mansion while Spooner is still inside and a robot attack on his speeding car, are strikingly and suspensefully woven throughout the two hour running time, serving the plot in the process without becomes extraneous. Only the finale seems decidedly anticlimactic, coming to a close a little too soon for the payoff to be an unequivocal success.
Rated 02 Jan 2008
Imaginative, original, cerebral and action packed. Betraying the hand of Asimov, this film takes a reliance on technology to one logical conclusion. A strong performance by Will Smith with great effects and a fast moving storyline. Enjoy this for its thought provoking glimpse into a possible future. A success in making you feel for the main robot without tipping into sentimentalism
Rated 18 Aug 2007
Underrated, especially for Tudyk's Sonny. I love Sonny.
Rated 04 Jan 2007
Hey, look, Will Smith made a good movie! No, seriously, look! Why the hell don't more people look?!
just fine considered within its genre. action, cheesy lines and very little concern for coherence. solid piece of bubblegum.
Rated 16 Feb 2007
Just barely watchable. bad bad executed movie in any aspect. only spot of light is the unfocused idea that if you want no errors you have to take mankind out.
Rated 28 Mar 2015
2.53/5
Rated 16 Apr 2007
great action movie
Rated 09 Oct 2023
Alex Proyas has said that the studio repeatedly intervened and made this film a mess, which it kind of is, and I'd be curious to see what his vision for the film was. There are some shreds of good material thematically and some very inspired visual sequences. Will Smith also gives his all to the role and he carries a lot of subpar scenes himself. Still, there's a lot of fluff here that feels out of place, which makes me feel like the movie was overedited by the studio into this slog.
Rated 14 Jun 2008
good movie
Rated 04 May 2014
Took WAY too many liberties with the original story.
Rated 20 Sep 2010
Plot had too many plot holes. The script itself wasn't worthy of anything more than a fun action flick. You know there is an issue with the script when a robot is the character you feel most for. Will Smith and a large budget of explosions save this film and make it enjoyable. Not the next Citizen Kane, but it didn't try to be.
Rated 31 Jul 2007
This film, directed by The Crow's Alex Proyas, rises above its status as a big-studio Will Smith vehicle, to faithfully adapt Issac Assimnov's concept into a modern-day sci-fi/action thriller. The visual effects are astonishing, the action setpieces are a visual treat, and the usual Will Smith-isms can be easily overlooked in this exciting film.
Rated 28 Jun 2009
Overall Enjoyment: 20/40, Plot/Themes: 5/20, Cinematography/Direction: 10/20, Acting/Writing: 10/20
Rated 25 Sep 2009
Pretty much utter dreck.
Rated 02 Nov 2007
One of the movies made after The Matrix. Except this one has twist of it's own and Will Smith with his one-liners. Fun to watch, nothing too philosophical after all.
awesome
Rated 21 Jul 2010
Very good movie, nice character development, Will Smith and Audis. Awesome.
Rated 21 Jan 2009
They will never do you proper justice, will they Asimov?
Rated 01 Nov 2009
the ending was awesome
One big advertisement. READ THE BOOK
Rated 20 Feb 2013
Eh. It has it's moments where it can be pretty decent. Overall, not a great piece, but easily able to be sat through and probably enjoyed.
Rated 15 May 2008
Hollywood flick du jour.
Rated 21 Sep 2008
Will Smith and Scifi-Setting just works! Cool ideas and im a fan of Isak Asimov.
Good, but do not use the entire history of a book. To sci-fi movies fans.
NOthing of Asimov, pure hype.
Rated 22 Apr 2017
A-
Rated 09 Dec 2009
Proyas visual flair cannot help an average sci-fi story, seen so many times before. It's Asimov explained to the audience as if they were six year olds.
Better than I thought it'd be, but the special F/Xs left much to be desired, and there are better futuristic movies to see, like Minority Report and especially A.I.
Rated 16 Apr 2010
Though slightly cryptic at times, I Robot is quite entertaining. Though the effects are top notch some scenes are a little excessive. Fortunately other scenes are done physically making them seem more realistic.
Rated 18 Dec 2008
Will Smith, Sci Fi, great story, great acting, makes for a great movie.
Rated 21 Oct 2008
Not bad at all. I think this movie captures a lot of the tone of the book and that is quite rare (and even more so in SF). Good rendition of Sonny
Nice effects but a waste of Asimov's story. Boring and tedious plot. Most of the excitement comes from the loud soundtrack.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
This movie has nothing to do with Isaac Asimov's masterpieces and Will Smith delivers a less than charming performance.
Rated 12 Mar 2008
Entertaining commercial with poor plot. The action was good and Will Smith proves here to be one of the best actors in the world.