2002
Crime
Fists fly and the fighting gets down and dirty when undefeated middle-weight champion Kelly Robinson (Murphy) finally meets his match, Bureau of National Security super-agent Alex Scott (Wilson), in this hilarious adventure. It's hate at first sight when the two are unwittingly paired up to track down the Air Force's missing stealth bomber, the country's new top secret weapon. (Sony Pictures)

2002
Crime

Rated 21 Mar 2007
Eddie Murphy does too much of his thing, Owen Wilson does absolutely nothing, and the plot gets so stupid. Everyone involved with the project seems mentally challenged.
Rated 26 May 2009
Oh, yeah, I saw this in theaters. Owen Wilson buddy comedy plus post-Bowfinger Eddie Murphy equals crapfest of the highest caliber (wait, Murphy had buddy comedy going on for Showtime too... w/e, still bad). There is nothing to like in this film, although people seem to have forgotten Wilson was in this. I guess that's a plus.
Rated 20 Apr 2007
This is one of the worst things about flying. They play movies like this on planes. Eddie Murphy needs to kill himself.
Rated 04 Jul 2009
Eddie Murphy is the high point of this otherwise unspectacular film. The comedy mostly works, but the movie's need to inject pointless action into the film undoes it to a fair degree.
Rated 14 May 2008
Somewhat funny, nothing special though.
Rated 25 Sep 2015
A competent spy takes in an assignment with a cocky boxer to get back a cloaked plane. Owen Wilson plays a generic spy. Eddie Murphy plays the same cocky guy he has played four years. If it wasn't for Owen Wilson this might have been a little more enjoyable. I can't stand him in anything. He is played as the likable guy, but he is anything but. Famke Janssen adds a bit of spy realism to this film. Eddie Murphy did a pretty good job in this film, but that is like saying Tom Cruise is good.
Rated 11 Sep 2007
Two charasmatic stars cannot beat the suck out of an awful script.
Rated 28 Jul 2022
Blandly reassuring buddy movie is fairly painless and fun enough to watch, but it’s a shame that Wilson and Murphy’s comic personas are essentially neutered, meaning their enjoyable back-and-forth chemistry feels staid and muted at times. Bogs down when the focus shifts to the nefarious Bond-villain like machinations in the spy plot, which are dreary and uninteresting (and represent a complete waste of McDowell and a marginal one of Janssen). Could have been much better with some minor tuning!
Rated 25 Jun 2009
You know how it's gonna go within the first 5 mins....!
Rated 14 May 2010
Famke Janssen mmmmmmmmmmm.
eddie murphy as a boxer, and dupree as a spy, lets just say that if you like the sound of that, there is no reason to not like this movie
Rated 10 Apr 2009
Not a bad combo with these two but weak storyline
Rated 06 May 2011
I blame the script, not Murphy or Wilson.
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Murphy takes on another terrible script. Boring and unfunny.
Rated 30 Jan 2013
Enjoyable spoof that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Rated 21 Jul 2009
Run away as fast as you can.
Rated 29 Jan 2013
Perfect spoof film, but nothing more. Very funny, and Eddie Murphy is perfect in this role. Loses points for miscast Wilson and absurdity of some plot points. Gains points for Sexual Healing scene.
Rated 05 Feb 2015
Wilson's incompetence is pretty entertaining, but that's it.
Rated 18 Aug 2010
Not good, but better than I thought it'd be.
Rated 30 Dec 2009
pretty good
Rated 08 Mar 2007
A very average action comedy, with a cast that made it feel as though it should have delivered more. Perhaps it's plot just wasn't written well enough to let it's characters shine.
Rated 07 Jun 2012
I just didn't get this movie or think it worked.
Rated 29 Dec 2017
Decent comedy with some action scenes that keep the flow of the flick moving well. Filmed pretty good and the effects and stunts are satisfactory. Murphy was fairly good and Janssen looked cute as can be in this one. The plot of the film is just 'off' somehow to make the film better.
Rated 15 Jan 2019
not worth time but at least it's a comedy, might have been fun if watched
I was going to say its hit or miss, but it's mostly miss. It's pretty bad, but when things slow down and there's time for Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson to just sit down and interact, those moments are pretty funny.
KELLY ROBINSON!
Rated 26 Aug 2020
Loolfamke/thempretendvillains+looltheirhearttoheart+wedontgotapedestalallwegotisthecotintheback:P+makeshimsaysexualhealingverselmao+FactuallyV+staypartners
Rated 02 Jan 2015
What sins have I committed to be faced with this?
Rated 21 Dec 2009
Brilliant if you're looking for brainless all action entertainment.
It's got a couple of laughs here and there so it's not all bad but for the most part it's forgettable and not very good.
Rated 24 Sep 2007
eddie murphy can make anything funny
Rated 02 Dec 2011
Apparently this is so disliked I'd have to include this in my guilty pleasures collection because I heartily enjoy this movie. Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson both play the parts they excel in, and even if Wilson seems a tad off as a spy it makes sense that he's not considered an overly talented one. I find it funny and entertaining which is all I can really ask from a movie.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
Amusing
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Funny movie. Very entertaining.
Rated 24 Mar 2009
The only good thing about any of these big-screen remakes of old tv shows is that it usually causes the copyright holder of the original series to release it on DVD. The two stars is for that.
Rated 26 Jan 2007
Typical summer comedy. Not too funny, but it's not terrible. The plot; however, is so bad that I can't give it anything higher.
Rated 29 Aug 2007
Don't know why i've seen this twice, but it's not worth that.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Not good in any way really.
Rated 02 Jun 2010
One word, BAD!
Rated 27 Jan 2007
I hate Owen Wilson, and I'm not a big Eddie Murphy fan either, so when my friends rented this, I expected to hate it. It's not THAT bad. The joke about going on a stakeout really struck me as very funny.
Rated 25 Nov 2010
"File the film and Murphy's performance under Motion Sickness." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 04 Jan 2015
This movie has some funny moments but it would have been a lot better with a more polished script. Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson try their best and they both have some good moments in this film. However the poor script makes this film forgettable a few minutes after watching it.
Rated 05 Jul 2007
I have no idea why I liked this film. It's Eddy Murphy playing a crazy self obsessed idiot to Owen Wilson's strait-man. There's one point where it seems like the director thinks we care where the story goes, then he ditches that and just goes. Some how it just works.
Rated 07 Dec 2008
bad movie
Rated 16 Oct 2020
Another bad spy-movie. How long big Hollywood production companies a able to produce this garbage? In some funny way filmmakers think that if two leads and so-called buddy's are from different race, the movie is funnier. Murphy and Wilson are good actors but they can't save this film.
It's watchable and not totally annoying. I mean if there's nothing else on I do watch it. But I'm to this day still convfused about the ending.
Rated 24 Jul 2007
Awful. The antithesis of entertainment.
Rated 12 Feb 2012
A real waste of time in my opinion. It could have been much more, but it's jobed down by a boring and uncomedic script, which sucks. Some of the actors in this deserve better.
Rated 05 May 2012
A useless throwback to eighties action comedies with a white guy and black guy overcoming adversity to fight baddies together.
Rated 28 Jul 2007
One of the less memorable films to be based upon an old TV series. Some funny parts but mostly far-fetched. OK for a laugh or two but don't expect to be blown away by the acting.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
Not terrible tv to film transition that mainly survives by way of appealing leads.
Rated 02 Apr 2009
Unfortunately, another bad movie Murphy. The time did not do well for him, hard to find funny. Then, as comedy does not work well. As action, the plot is hard to believe.
Rated 31 Mar 2008