2024
Horror
Cecilia, a woman of devout faith, is warmly welcomed to the picture-perfect Italian countryside where she is offered a new role at an illustrious convent. But it becomes clear to Cecilia that her new home harbors dark and horrifying secrets.

2024
Horror

Rated 30 Mar 2024
Enough horror cliches to choke a nun. It's very basic, and the moral allegory to the ongoing abortion issue (and its relation to christianity and Catholicism) is impossible to miss. Sydney Sweeney makes a hot virgin Mary... but thats not really the takeaway one ought to have when the credits roll.
Rated 18 Apr 2024
Rosemary's Baby version 651. Sound design needs to be seriously reigned in. Not every little in-world thud needs the doubling of 5 taiko trailer hits to make an impact. Stop being so fucking insecure and trust your visuals and actors? It's one of my many pet peeves about horror. I really don't understand why this is done so commonly because it just makes everything LESS scary? Why would you do that to a movie that is supposed to frighten the viewer?
Rated 06 May 2024
Don’t worry folks you may think because Sydney Sweeney is playing a nun you might not get some boob action but of course they wear white and she goes into a tub of water wearing white. Fellas, you know what happens next.
Rated 16 Apr 2024
Sweeney isn't quite there yet, giving a mostly great performance with some minor flaws. But she's clearly passionate. Shot well. Good story that does something a bit different with a concept/premise we've seen a lot, not that it's shocking or whatever. It's not the scariest horror movie ever, but I'll take this 10/10 times over a lot of other horror because at least it has a brain and some atmosphere.
Rated 21 Apr 2024
Weirdly Sydney Sweeney's acting was best when she was afraid, and her dialogue with everyone felt so monotone. The sets were amazing, but the film on the whole was trash.
Rated 30 Mar 2024
For those who prefer their Sydney Sweeney a little bloodier. This just isn't very good; most of this 35 is due to the catacombs sequence and the ending, which I respect on a performance level from Sweeney. It's transparent, only occasionally scary, and doesn't engender investment from the audience, which a lot of movies forget is not given, it's earned - through compelling characters, good storytelling, etc. Genuinely, why would you watch this when "The First Omen" came out just weeks later?
Rated 19 Apr 2024
I think it's not as good as First Omen -- just not as fun, I guess --, but it has some nice moments of pure madness in its straightforward, brutal depiction of institutionalized misogyny, specially in the second half -- which is the stronger one --, when the plot involving the creation of a new Jesus really takes off. Sweeney is awesome. Loved the finale, despite the somewhat underwhelming climax.
Rated 21 Apr 2024
A notch better than your typical movie of this budget and genre.
Rated 05 May 2024
My ★★★★ review of Immaculate on Letterboxd https://boxd.it/6pDExl
Rated 27 Apr 2024
2024'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 99. Immaculate (2024) First Omen'in mekan ve konu olarak ikiz filmi. Setler çok güzel, ama onun dışında beklentilerimin biraz altında kaldığını söylemeliyim. 6/10
Rated 09 May 2024
I didn't love or hate this movie when the final credits began to role. As I pondered it for a few minutes afterwards this movie is exactly as advertised. Devout religious believers going to the extremes while an unsuspecting young naive and innocent woman is the target. There is nothing special about it but it also does not suck. Sweeney is likable for the most part and that helps keep you engaged. I can see why the Church is calling this one blasphemous among other things.
Rated 17 Apr 2024
It's very run-of-the-mill and somewhat tedious at times, but it has its moments. This movie was not nuntastic.
Rated 17 Apr 2024