Insidious: The Last Key
Insidious-The-Last-Key

Insidious: The Last Key

2018
Suspense/Thriller, Horror
Parapsychologist Dr. Elise Rainier faces her most fearsome and personal haunting yet - in her own family home.
Franchise: Insidious

This is my review of the teenage girls in the theater: They're such self involved little cunts that they see no problem with being continuously disruptive by shouting and cackling throughout the whole movie, because they think their stupid comments are funny, and love the sound of their own obnoxious laughter. I hope Edward Scissorhands is their gynecologist. End of review.
One of the worst horror movie productions. They rely almost exclusively on abrupt loud noises to be scary. Terrible soundtrack. Nonsensical plot. Pathetic dialog. Shabby and stupid graphics and effects. A boring waste of time, with pretty much no redeeming qualities. Filmed almost entirely in the dark. Don't waste your time, it's worse than bad, it's pointless.
Passes the time.
Perfunctory series entry is well performed (Shaye as always is much better than her material) and well produced, with the requisite scary moments and unsettling atmosphere, but you can't help but feel this series has now run its course and is coasting on auto-pilot; it's decent entertainment, but awfully derivative (and repetitive) from previous entries. Please let Elise rest in peace from here on!
I frequently use the phrase "not offensively bad" & Im whipping out that tried and true moniker to stamp on The Last Key. Story starts with a dab of originality & I found interest in the mystery and intrigued by the way the demon influenced those in the house(including a good, quick twist moment with Shaye and one of the ghosts she finds, not gonna spoil things). I knew it wouldn't lead to much, and third act shenanigans proved me right, but hey I was involved and I gotta give it credit for that

7 Collections including 4 Collaborative and 3 Public